Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-08-2019, 10:34 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I saw this post today, about a singer who was in the DALS season 4 with Alizee saying some negative things about her. Unfortunately I haven't seen a good translation of what he said yet, but back then, I thought this guy was an absolute low class moron for the way he flung his apple compote at the camera and this only confirms it.

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Keen-V/news-109605.html

Attachment 2544

Attachment 2545

Attachment 2546

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-13-2020 at 07:21 PM..
Old 03-08-2019, 01:47 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

This article seems to be about the same thing. It is in English, but the translation leaves a bit to be desired.

https://koztimes.com/alizee-dancing-...-scenes/20348/
Old 03-08-2019, 05:27 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Alizee should not respond to Keene's insults. To do so would only give them more publicity. Any hostile comments by Alizee could make her appear the bitch he accuses her of being. They would also stimulate further horrible comments from Keen, thus keeping the ugly incident alive.

Keene states, "I'm not even angry." If that's so why is he still stewing over his contact with her years ago? He might be attacking Alizee as a way to attack DALS which he has at other times expressed hostility. As it stands, Keene appears a contentious person and the one stimulating the problem. This is another reason Alizee should remain silent and leave him holding the bag.

People frequently mistake shy people as standoffish and snobbish. One has to wonder, however, why anyone would take notice of which door Alizee entered the auditorium and then interpret that as evidence she considered herself above her associates? Really, how petty and stupid can people be? It's possible the other cast members showed deference toward Alizee and Keene was jealous.

Knowing how sensitive Alizee is, I'm sure this incident is upsetting her.

Last edited by Shepherd; 03-09-2019 at 12:02 AM..
Old 03-09-2019, 08:11 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
People frequently mistake shy people as standoffish and snobbish.
I wonder if that was why Alizee was teased as a child, the other kids thought she was snobbish.

Quote:
Knowing how sensitive Alizee is, I'm sure this incident is upsetting her.
Alizee's sensitivity may depend on the context.

I would think that Alizee is most sensitive to "face to face" criticism.

Its possible that Alizee is relatively immune to criticism that isn't literally face to face (as in the case of this Keene situation). Alizee is such an odd duck, I wouldn't be surprised if something like that was the case. It depends on how Alizee's mind works.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I wonder if that was why Alizee was teased as a child, the other kids thought she was snobbish.
Kids tend to gang up on one that they deemed weak and least likely to defend themselves. Boys are much more likely to defend themselves physically. I was shy as a kid but was the biggest kid in my grade by far. Nobody messed with me because they feared getting clocked. Alizee had glasses and was smaller and more vulnerable and didn't "fight back" verbally, so she was an easy target.

I wonder if this is the reason why she learned kick-boxing in her younger years, feeling she might need to use it one day?

Edit:

Quote:
Keene states, "I'm not even angry." If that's so why is he still stewing over his contact with her years ago? He might be attacking Alizee as a way to attack DALS which he has at other times expressed hostility. As it stands, Keene appears a contentious person and the one stimulating the problem. This is another reason Alizee should remain silent and leave him holding the bag.
Alizee and Jenifer had a tiff over the latter releasing a France Gall tribute album. And then there is this thing with Keen, which is pretty much nothing. He could be an obnoxious jerk and Alizee steered clear of him and he has sour grapes.

The French tabloids are just as bad, if not worse, than the US ones. If there is dirt on Alizee, they would report it. But outside of the Jenifer thing and now Keene, there really is nothing much else. Compare this to the bizarre behavior of many American pop stars, especially when they are young, and Alizee is a saint.

Alizee a snob? I don't think so. There was one article I read that Alizee is a "working class artist" and "is the nicest person in the room", and it was written by professionals working with her. The total body of evidence shows that Keene is full of it.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 03-09-2019 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-09-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Kids tend to gang up on one that they deemed weak and least likely to defend themselves. Boys are much more likely to defend themselves physically. I was shy as a kid but was the biggest kid in my grade by far. Nobody messed with me because they feared getting clocked. Alizee had glasses and was smaller and more vulnerable and didn't "fight back" verbally, so she was an easy target.
Alizee's description of her early school years--- the one she gave in S.A.G.A.--- is rather vague; its hard to know exactly what was going on.

Alizee, by virtually all accounts, has a very gentle nature. That said, her personality is unusual in a number of ways. Its possible that she unintentionally rubbed the other kids the wrong way, and that it was a factor.

Whatever happened in her childhood, this Keene guy sounds like an idiot.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:10 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That said, her personality is unusual in a number of ways. Its possible that she unintentionally rubbed the other kids the wrong way, and that it was a factor.
Hmm, "her personality is unusual in a number of ways"...

Could you "enlarge" upon this for me please, I must have missed something...

Also, the "unintentionally rubbed the other kids the wrong way", also, could you "enlarge upon" and "define" this for me please...

Am interested in your "stance" and "viewpoint" on this...
Old 03-11-2019, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Kids tend to gang up on one that they deemed weak and least likely to defend themselves. ... Alizee had glasses and was smaller and more vulnerable and didn't "fight back" verbally, so she was an easy target.
I'm uncertain as to the type and degree of bullying that Alizee endured in school.

The only information I have is from what she said in S.A.G.A.--- and what she said in S.A.G.A. is rather sketchy.

Are there other interviews where she gives more information on her childhood?

Addendum: the 2013 Paris Match interview also mentions it; so outside of S.A.G.A. and Paris Match, is there any other information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
Also, the "unintentionally rubbed the other kids the wrong way", also, could you "enlarge upon" and "define" this for me please...

Am interested in your "stance" and "viewpoint" on this...
I'm uncertain as to the type and degree of bullying that Alizee endured in school. That's the point I was trying to make. But now that I look at it, I see that my information may not be sufficient.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 03-11-2019 at 03:54 AM..
Old 03-11-2019, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Are there other interviews where she gives more information on her childhood?
I did some word searches through the magazine articles that I have to see if she gave any more details about her school days. Nothing new came up , so it's a good chance we know all that she wanted to say about the subject. She does describe her childhood as "very very happy" in general. School was probably the worst part of her childhood memories. It sounds like her home life was very stable, so in contrast school might have seemed chaotic and she just didn't want to be there. Add getting picked on, and the final school bell was probably the best part of her day.

She did say that her first memory was being dropped off at a daycare for the first time when she was two so her parents can go to work. She cried all day.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:05 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

CleverCowboy, once again, “respect” for your clear “insights” and “research skills”.

Quote:
I did some word searches through the magazine articles that I have to see if she gave any more details about her school days. Nothing new came up , so it's a good chance we know all that she wanted to say about the subject. She does describe her childhood as "very very happy" in general. School was probably the worst part of her childhood memories. It sounds like her home life was very stable, so in contrast school might have seemed chaotic and she just didn't want to be there. Add getting picked on, and the final school bell was probably the best part of her day.

She did say that her first memory was being dropped off at a daycare for the first time when she was two so her parents can go to work. She cried all day.

There “we have it”, so to speak, “in a nutshell”.

Sometimes, if you spend too much time sifting through the “minutiae”, you find “items” and “ideas” that by themselves, make “no sense”, and are sometimes rather “perplexing”…

However, sometimes, if you “zoom out”, and look at things from a wider, “broader” perspective, all of the pieces “fall into place”, as in this particular “case”, with no mysteries or strangeness, that were probably only caused, in the first place, by lack of a wider view/perspective.

Sort of like “not seeing the wood, for the trees”.

If you look at it, here was this perfectly normal, quiet, sweet little girl, from a good, stable environment, most likely adored by her parents, most likely the “apple of her parents eye”, that literally gets dropped into her own personal, personalized version of Hell, full of “malcontents”, “little sharks”, “creeps”, etc.

We’ve all had to endure our own “school years”, so we all know what it was like, so just imagine what it would be like if you were a small shy little girl with “Harry Potter” specs, from a “decent” background…

Yeps, she’d be a “prime target”…

Quote:

I wonder if this is the reason why she learned kick-boxing in her younger years, feeling she might need to use it one day?
As I’ve probably said before, school can be a “small slice of Hell”, and one of the worst “times of your life”…

Overall, again, Alizée was relatively “open” with regard to yet another aspect of her life, in this case her “childhood”, and I don’t really see anything “odd” or “untoward” with regards to it.

She had a “very very happy childhood”, generally, by her own “admission”, seemingly marred only by a pretty rotten school experience, which is really pretty commonplace and “normal”, unfortunately.

Nothing unusual to see there, at all, methinks.

Quote:
Alizee, by virtually all accounts, has a very gentle nature. That said, her personality is unusual in a number of ways. Its possible that she unintentionally rubbed the other kids the wrong way, and that it was a factor.

Whatever happened in her childhood, this Keene guy sounds like an idiot.
Well, as was probably mentioned above, she was “small”, “quiet”, “shy”, from a “good background”, didn’t, “fight back”, verbally or otherwise, and had “glasses”. That’s all the incentive that most of these “little shits’ would have needed to make her “school life” a “total misery”.

Quote:
That said, her personality is unusual in a number of ways.
Now, this one I do not “get”, at all. Maybe you are picking up on something that I do not see, which is very possible.

The only thing I can think of is that sometimes people get confused at the difference between “Alizée”, the “person”, and “Alizée” the “Lolli” “pop star/artiste”.

No real confusion there, for the “former” is “her”, and the “latter” was her “role”, her “job”, and, in the MF/LB era it was mostly all a “scripted role”, an “act”.

Alizée, in her early “teenage years” was a shy, respectful, family oriented young girl, from a nominally French/Corsican Catholic background, that was, “long story”, “short”, fortunate enough to be picked by Mylène Farmer for a “pop project” of hers, that was later to see fruition as “Alizée”, the “artiste”.

Now by her own admission, this was just a “role”, an “act”, that she “gave life to”, and “performed”, and this has been “documented” countless times on this very forum itself.

It wasn’t “real”, and it wasn’t “her”, or her “real personality”, and eventually this was “one” of the “factors” that led to her “breakup” with MF/LB, for eventually things would have ended up getting waay “out of hand”.

Eventually, if she had continued to follow the “route to stardom” as laid down by MF/LB, she would have probably ended up “doing a Mylène”, as in the “costumes” would have got continually “briefer” and “shorter”, until she was just another generic “SlutMuffin”, performing onstage wearing nothing but a “pair of panties” and a couple of “cast off” “net curtains”.

Seriously, go look at some of MF’s stuff, clothing is “almost optional”.

I may be wrong, but that is not, and could never be, Alizée, for she is still pretty much the same quiet, family oriented, respectful young lady she was back then.

Just a bit more “worldly” and “experienced”, with regards to “life”, hopefully

(OOops, If I have just “spoiled” things for you, then I am sorry, but it’s the truth.)

Another thing that may “throw you off” with regards to “personality” is a “cultural” factor. You have to remember that she is “French/Corsican”, which is kind of “French”, with “Italian” influences.

Now, I have dated both “French” and “Italian” girls, and trust me, it was “educational”, for they were culturally very very different from anything/anyone that I had experienced before. They were far more “emotionally volatile”, “mercurial” (mostly in “good” ways), “self-opinionated” and “self-aware” than most of the other women, that I’d been used to.

Overall, just “wonderful” women, and a “joy to be with”, but really damn “hard work”, and, it took a lot of “getting used to”, but it was oh so worth it in the end. You always had to be “on your A game”, which I suppose is NOT a bad thing.

If you are not used to it/them, then these personality traits could mightily confuse you, for you could be forgiven sometimes, for thinking that they might just be “crazy”, but that is actually all “part of the fun”.

As for Keen'V, he is just a self styled "bad boi", that is really just a bit of an "arsehole".

Nothing to see there...

Last edited by RedRafe; 03-11-2019 at 07:34 PM..