Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the miclessness but I messed up the dates. There were quite a lot of people attending however so the amount of talk were good enough without me .

There were a lot of opinions and interesting talk but I found the "Stereotypes of Alizée fans" and "Different kinds of attractiveness" discussions very interesting, something that's very stale and difficult to discuss through a forum.

I think we should consider the possibilities making these chats more free, not bound to a certain video but instead to one or several topics and then just spin-off from there. We do however need the topic and the preparation thing to keep the chat on point and prevent the famous off-topic syndrome which seems to be very contagious around here

However, time is something we got plenty of as a contrast to video material. Maybe we should just exhaust all the videos and then, while waiting for new material to pop up, fill out with topics instead.

Anyway, as for the next topic I vote for the FunTV Interview since it's still uncertain which material from Moscow we should use. I also think people have a lot to say about these videos and just as someone said in the chat, we just watched a similar concert to Moscow and it could be a bit repetitious.

FunTV +1

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 02-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Sorry for the miclessness but I messed up the dates. There were quite a lot of people attending however so the amount of talk were good enough without me .

There were a lot of opinions and interesting talk but I found the "Stereotypes of Alizée fans" and "Different kinds of attractiveness" discussions very interesting, something that's very stale and difficult to discuss through a forum.

I think we should consider the possibilities making these chats more free, not bound to a certain video but instead to one or several topics and then just spin-off from there. We do however need the topic and the preparation thing to keep the chat on point and prevent the famous off-topic syndrome which seems to be very contagious around here

However, time is something we got plenty of as a contrast to video material. Maybe we should just exhaust all the videos and then, while waiting for new material to pop up, fill out with topics instead.

Anyway, as for the next topic I vote for the FunTV Interview since it's still uncertain which material from Moscow we should use. I also think people have a lot to say about these videos and just as someone said in the chat, we just watched a similar concert to Moscow and it could be a bit repetitious.

FunTV +1
Ah hell, Fun TV?
Meh, then I may HAVE to attend.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
I really do like the idea of that--doing some that are more of a traditional roundtable podcast--but like I said during the chat, I'm not sure how interesting that would be to listen to for people who weren't participating. (Thinking back on it, though, there were a number of people listening in on the chat who didn't have mics, and you guys seemed pretty into it, judging by your comments in the chatroom...so maybe I'm wrong.)

Tell you what, I'll start up another thread for non-video topic ideas, and we'll go from there.

Quote:
(Just so everybody's on the same page, the Moscow video we're thinking of using is DJTuvok's fan clip edit.)

That was my concern about doing Moscow so closely on the heels of the T@keo Mexico video, because it's essentially the same concert...but without having watched Moscow yet, from what I've heard there's enough differences to make doing a comparison worthwhile. And like you said in the chat, TP, doing it while T@keo is still fresh in our minds might be more beneficial.

As far as FunTV goes, I'm with Roman in that I'd like to alternate between "classic" Lili and "new" Lili. There's still plenty of "new" material out there--Les Enfoires 2008 & 2009, the Moscow bootleg, the Method Cauet interview, potentially a bootleg from the Grand Rex in March (fingers crossed!)--so I'd like to alternate for as long as we can manage.

Thanks again to everybody who came out, even those of you without mics who just showed up to listen and hang out. It was a lot of fun!

EDIT: I was just about to start a thread announcing the next chat party, but it occurred to me that we should probably wait until we agree on what we're actually going to be watching for the thing! Please let me know what you'd like to do below!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 02-22-2009 at 01:34 PM..
Old 02-26-2009, 12:58 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, I still sort of feel like, if we're going to ever do the Moscow concert, maybe we should just get it out of the way, or say forget it until there's nothing else left. Alizée will have a concert in March and be in Mexico in the middle of April. We pray that some good stuff comes from these.
Anyway, whatever we decide, especially if it's something where people are talking, we need to agree on a file with subtitles so that we can be in sync. Luckily, that seemed to work out last time anyway, but it's better to be prepared.

Edit:
Well, I've not even quite gotten half way through the Tuvok video, but it mostly looks pretty good. I was a bit afraid that too much was dubbed over with the album, but that's mostly at the beginning (so far) and because they didn't have full recordings.
Still, so far I don't have much directly to say about the concert, though I suppose I could say enough about stuff in general. But maybe one could think of some things with some questions, such as...

* favorite moment
* how does the music compare to Mexico?
* how does her singing compare to Mexico?
* how does the stage and the rest of her performance compare to Mexico?
* any interesting factoids about her history in Russia, her musicians, background on arlequins, where she might have gotten any of her ideas? Faced with thinking about answering these questions, I find myself wishing she had published something about all of this stuff, at least the names of the other performers and if they have web sites or anything. We know about DJ Karve.
* Any songs she should not have sung here or should have or you hope she will in Paris?
* Are there other performers who are similar in style, particularly performance style, to Alizée?
* Comments about the organization/timing/promotion of this concert?
* What would you like to have seen Alizée do differently?
* What did she do here that you wish she had done in Mexico or would do at some other time?

Is anyone preparing for a FunTV commentary or just planning to wing it either way or ??

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 03-01-2009 at 12:41 AM.. Reason: new day, new comments
Old 03-01-2009, 02:26 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ugh, I haven't even looked at the Moscow concert yet. I'm still hip-deep in editing the T@keo track--cleaning up both recordings, then stitching them together into some kind of Frankenstein commentary track that flows OK but still syncs up with the video has just about killed me. I think it'll turn out OK, but I'll be glad to have it done and behind me.

Alright, back to work...
Old 03-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Is anyone preparing for a FunTV commentary or just planning to wing it either way or ??
Actually, my days off this month have unexpectedly been switched on me...so I'm now off this Sunday (March 8) instead of next. I know it's probably too short notice for everyone to prepare for a commentary track, so I was thinking we could try the first of the non-commentary recordings instead.

I'm thinking for the first one, we could do 'Pourquoi Alizée?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Pourquoi Alizée?: An introduction to Alizée fandom, and a discussion of why in particular we're all crazy about this girl half a world away who sings in a language that 90% of us don't understand in the first place. I think this would be good for an initial episode.
Let me know if you guys are up for it, and I'll throw up a thread for it, and put it on the calendar.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:25 PM
The Schupicker

Shoepick is on a distinguished road

I'll attend.. all my weekends are free

Tags
chat party, commentary, podcast, stars à domicile