Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Thanks for your support , it's not really an ambition , more like making a dream come true, a dream we couldn't realize because we were too young back in the 2000's ^^

If it doesn't work , well... that will just be a waste of money, but a great life experience
Indeed it will be a great life experience!

BTW

Ridingthewave is my nick over at AF.. I'm a member there too.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 06-25-2013, 06:52 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh god... I just realized Robert Rhein is posting this thread everywhere on facebook to turn people against the project... dammit , I think we should communicate less on the internet about it or every new step will be a struggle against the overprotective haters... :/
we are making our job, to know what people think about it and many people are against it. Dont play on little poor boy, against who are people. Thats your own fault, cause you are starting the most stupid project ever.
Why you didnt post you idea on Alizée-France, he? You are afraid that they will kill you there? I asked some people from A-Fr what they think about your project... dont pray to know what they think about it.

Make what you want, if you want waste your many... but dont put Alizée in this project and dont play on us a theater that it will be help her, cause the reality will be opposite.

Last edited by Karin; 06-25-2013 at 06:58 AM..
Old 06-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

... I didn't post it on A France yet because I want to make it a surprise for Alizée since I know she's regurlary checking on the french forums.

You and Robert obviously do not understand that this isn't about today's Alizée, consider the project like a way to get new girls to play the Lolita character... I don't know how many times I'll have to say it, it's a bloody character, even Alizée said it, why would you care so much ? I heard you guys saying that you were afraid of us replacing Alizée, but there is nothing to replace since the lolita doesn't exist anymore...

What the hell Karin, you seriously need to understand what we're doing before criticizing everything about the project.

Anyway, everything is going smoothly so far.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 06-25-2013, 12:55 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

I understand very well its not about todays Alizee, and thats the problem... the "Lolita" time was part of her life, which she however never liked but still... so I think its not good idea to make the Lolita alive again, using other persons. Yea, it would be surprise for Alizée... but very bad. Do you think she would be happy, that you want to rewoke the "Lolita" life thanks which many people in France think she is just one big bitch? Nobody said, at least not me, that you want replace Alizée, but sorry it sound so... many people said it, when they read your idea.... and that are french Alizée fans!

If you would like to increase Alizées popularity using material after "Lolita", I would have nothing against... It would be much better use her "not-lolita" work... 1. it would promote more her not-mylene stuff, and remind people she still exists and has other new material...

Last edited by Karin; 06-25-2013 at 12:59 PM..
Old 06-25-2013, 01:46 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

copy of my post over @ AF. Maybe you won't ignore it this time...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow. you must have a lot money to spare to make young girls "famous" for a few minutes...

I'm sorry but this project makes me feel quite uncomfortable. So you are looking for a "new" Alizée right? You take young girls and make them into "Alizées"?

First of all, you can't just copy a person, people should express themselves and not just copy someone for this kind of "casting". You might copy some habits or something you like from a person you adore but you can't copy a person. Unless you want to cast an Alizée double or something.

and when you found "her" or "them" - so what? I mean did it occur to you that these girls might have hopes? and more hope than just singing for one time a few french songs in front of some people? Don't you think some might be doing this because they expect to get "discovered", get a career or sth? Do you really think this might happen? There are a shitload of singing contests etc. stuff like this simply doesn't happen. And in the end you will stand there in front of girls with shattered hopes?

I'm sorry I don't wanna be rude but let's be honest... but this sounds too much to me like you creating little Alizée because you and your friend are frustrated that you can't be close to her yourselves...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 06-25-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
It would be much better use her "not-lolita" work... 1. it would promote more her not-mylene stuff, and remind people she still exists and has other new material...
Look, ... everything she did after the second album is seriously unpopular in France... the people wouldn't even wanna know about it. If there is a way to make people remember about her, it's thru her work with Mylène, I don't like to say it, but it's the only way. If you ask anyone in France who they think Alizée is, they'll tell you about the Lolita...

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
wow. you must have a lot money to spare to make young girls "famous" for a few minutes...
"For a few minutes" ? Nah, it's about a long term fame with a contract with a label etc.. It's some sort of investment , just like Gainsbourg invested on France Gall, just like Laurent Boutonnat invested on Mylène, and just like Mylène invested on Alizée. and like all investments there are risks, it might work and it might not...

Quote:
First of all, you can't just copy a person, people should express themselves and not just copy someone for this kind of "casting". You might copy some habits or something you like from a person you adore but you can't copy a person. Unless you want to cast an Alizée double or something.
We will not find another Alizée, we will find someone with a personality, a face , a bodytype, that will closely resembles Alizée's .... It's about finding the one that is as close as possible to Alizée's standards.

Quote:
I mean did it occur to you that these girls might have hopes? and more hope than just singing for one time a few french songs in front of some people? Don't you think some might be doing this because they expect to get "discovered", get a career or sth? Do you really think this might happen?
We will do everything we can to make it happen
Seriously , once we'll have taught those girls, french and english, how to sing and dance, how to do behave during interviews etc. Even if our project doesn't continue or if we can't bring them to France, we'd have helped them in their career...

Last edited by lapinschous; 06-25-2013 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-25-2013, 09:39 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

I can't quite figure out what you are trying to accomplish with this Lappy?

Why involve Alizee at all?
If you are going to put a lot of money, time and effort into it why not just use it to find a talented Romanian singer and let her 'do her own thing'?
I'm sure that there are many really good Romanian singers out there who would jump at the chance for a little recognition but to bring them in and then to tell them to 'impersonate' someone else just doesn't make much sense to me.
I know if it was me i wouldn't want to be just another tribute act for an artist who has moved on from that particular style many many years ago.

I also think you may be very much on thin ice by asking a lot of underage girls to come in and dance for you and let you take their photos and videos of them. I don't know the laws in Romania but here you could get arrested for that sort of thing.

But good luck with it. Just consider letting whoever it is you might 'discover' perform in there own style. You might be very surprised who turns up?

Leave Alizee out of it. She wouldn't be impressed i think.

Last edited by Junkmale; 06-25-2013 at 09:59 PM..
Old 06-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
one even asked me to send on her phone the full MCE album via bluetooth.
Hopefully you didn't do it, but gave her links to iTunes or something like that instead.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Hopefully you didn't do it, but gave her links to iTunes or something like that instead.
well...

You know I don't think there's anyone among the girls we met who ever downloaded music legally... don't expect a bunch of 15yo in a country with one of the highest poverty rate in eastern europe to spend money on the internet :/

Old 06-27-2013, 12:33 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I had seen this thread when it was first posted and I thought someone would be more likely to be hit by lightning a half a dozen times before they'd find another Alizee, but it wasn't something I thought had much of a chance of happening but if Lapinschous wanted to pursure this effort, I didn't see much harm in it, but in the past few days, I've received some comments from outside this thread from people who were not at all happy with it, so I decided to give a very close view and so I read through all the posts again.

Now you say this is not an attempt to replace Alizee, but I think if you achieve the amount of success that you are striving for, that's exactly what you'll do. If you achieve a marginal amount of success, you will probably come up with somethng similar, but probably a little better than that video you had in your first post and a video like that would probably get some people interested enough to find out more about the song and the dance and thus discover Alizee, but again if it gets the good results you hope for, You will find a very beautiful girl, who's a great dancer, maybe a great personality like Alizee and if they can sing the songs much the way Alizee did, then you will have created a performer that people who haven't heard Alizee sing before and who hear this new Alizee sing and perform for the first time will probably fall in love with this new character and wont care a bit about finding out about the original Alizee. So in you attempt to carry on the Lolita spirit, you will be taking away potential fans from Alizee.

Now if you want to use totally different music and different dances and certainly not the name, that's fine. Create another "Lolita" image and not another "Alizee" image, but I'm sure you at least have to use the music for without it you have nothing. How ever if you achieve the amount of success I think you are hoping for, you will run into a road block by name of Mylene Farmer and Laurant Boutanant. I would think they still own the rights to the music and the lyrics and if they seeing someone starting to make money or even just a name for themselves off of their music, they will quickly step in.

One thing I've worried about is the song ML is about 13 years old now. They might want to release it again sometime in the not too distant future using a new young performer of their own choosing. I think that's a very real possibility and they wont look kindly upon someone else stealing their material.

So I think if you achieve a marginal level of success, you'll gain Alizee a few fans, but it won't be worth the money it takes.

If you achieve a great deal of success, you will cost Alizee fans and you might run into legal troubles.

As far as asking Alizee permission to do this, I think that's a very bad idea. Again you said it's not to replace her, but I think that's exactly how she'll look at it. This year she turns 29. The big 30 that a lot of young women dread is a little over a year away. She'll probably feel bad enough that she's approaching that age as a single woman. Now she'll think "My own fans are looking for someone younger than me!". I really hope you don't do this. Even if she approved of it, I think it would be a tremendous blow to her feelings.

As I mentioned in the begining, I think finding another Alizee will be an impossible task. There are so many great things about her; her looks, dancing, singing, personality, mannerisms, kindness. Then you take the great music and lyrics of MF and LB which were such a great match for her voice. In all my years, I've never experienced anything like this. I am quite happy with Alizee just the way she is. I hate those tats, but when I was watching her at Les Enfoires, I was still mesmerized by her beauty.

So I have to say I'm against this idea. I think there is something else you could do to help her along a similar line. This is something I suggested a couple of years ago and you can have some of those beautiful young Romanian woman help you do it. It's something I could've done in my younger days when I had a lot of younger freinds and a couple of video cameras and that is to make music videos of her songs.

Take for instance, Coeur deja pris. It's one of her most beautiful songs imo. I'd love to see this in a music video. Also songs like Lou ou toi or Youpidou or how about Tempete; not to mention her newer songs. There was a video that came out last year I believe which had a beautiful girl in it but a creep of a guy and it was amateurishly done I'd say, but with a little more work and a different guy in it, It could've done well, I think if you put the same type of time and effort that you are talking about putting into searching for and cultivating this new Alizee, into making some videos, then you might have something that would really benefit Alizee. But if you had a girl singing in a video, have her lip sync to Alizee's voice; don't replace Alizee's voice. If you replace her voice, you will be replacing Alizee.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-27-2013 at 06:29 PM..