Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Her best solo album?
5 30 71.43%
Une Enfant Du Siecle 3 7.14%
Psychedelices 9 21.43%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2013, 06:26 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

For me, I think I need more time. I thought the most beautiful song of all 3 albums was PLP, but I don't get the urge to listen to it that often. The one song of all 3 I do like to listen to on a regular basis is Lily town, so at this point, I'd have to rank Psych as the best of the three.

I like both JVB and ACDLA, but several times I've found myself skipping them on my playlists, not so with LT.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-17-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Old 10-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
So what does everyone think of the new album? What song do you like the most? It has been out for roughly 5 months now, everyone has had a chance to analyze it and get a feel for the music. Rate It -
As far as "5" goes, I think I like "Le dernier souffle" the most. But I like everything of her's and I never skip any of her songs. I keep finding that I really enjoy a few of the En Concert CD song versions the most though.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
As far as "5" goes, I think I like "Le dernier souffle" the most. But I like everything of her's and I never skip any of her songs. I keep finding that I really enjoy a few of the En Concert CD song versions the most though.
I also like most of the En Concert CD versions. I like the arrangements, the heavier electric guitar and the impact of the live drums. The only song that I think is weaker than the original recording is JEAM. Alizée's singing was a bit off. It wasn't bad, just not as good as the original vocal performance on the studio recording. There is a lot of energy on the En Concert CD and I especially like to listen to it in the car.

I like "5" a lot, and I love PLP. I think Psyche was a good album and it has that special charm of being the first album after her leaving MF/LB and and after having taken a long break. I remember those times, everyone wondering if she was ever really coming back. The excitement when she first entered the public arena again, her success in Mexico, and the forums were brimming with activity and excitement. Those were great times, and when I listen to Psyche now, all those memories and feelings come rushing back.

Last edited by lefty12357; 10-17-2013 at 10:37 PM..
Old 10-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Yeah "Le dernier souffle" is my favourite too from 5 as it has been since the first time I heard it. I think it's pretty amazing how she can make a song like this sound so upbeat considering the meaning behind it, but looking back she did exactly the same thing with "JEAM" and "I'm fed up" especially so with her tv dance performances.

Well you can't beat the good old days.. but a performance and vid from "Le dernier souffle" would be nice.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 10-18-2013 at 09:17 PM..
Old 10-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I'm still in between choosing favorites, but the first song that came to mind was Happy End. Though Le Dernier Souffle is great too Anyone else really dig Si Tu Es Un Homme? That was stuck in my head for weeks after the release!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:01 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Anyone else really dig Si Tu Es Un Homme? That was stuck in my head for weeks after the release!
I do! Si Tu Es Un Homme is a very good song. Overall, it took me quite some time to really come to terms that 5 is a really good album, but now I can finally say, that it deserves 10/10 on my "Alizée scale" and 8/10 on my overall scale (where classical music (such as Strauss's Radetzky March) and pop music is rated alike).

My Alizée scale:
1) MCE & Gourmandises & 5 (all of them have 10/10)
2) UEDS (9/10) & En Concert (8/10 - her singing disturbs me at certain times, but overall a great live album with enormous energy, like Lefty said)
3) Psychédélices (6/10)

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)

Last edited by Marka; 10-20-2013 at 06:03 AM..
Old 11-19-2013, 10:39 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
Maybe I am the only one, but my vote is for Psychedelices. The potential to be very successful was there, but poor decisions ruined it.

5 is a better product, it is being supported by Sony, there are more work and attention to details and better sound and production than in Psychedelices. What I am trying to say is that 5 is probably as good as it could be, all the potential is out there and in a proffesional way.

That was not the case with Psychedelices. In my humble opinion:

-For me, the best song of both albums is Par les paupieres. But it was not even a single in Psychedelices, that hurt at the time.

- I consider Psychedelices the last album where Alizée did dance and choreographies. But they could have been way better. I never understood how someone who is a dancer, a good and a goodlooking one, does not make a better use of that aspect, when nowdays it is an important visual part of any show. She does not need to dance around semi naked, but she should use the dance to make her product, her image, her brand, bigger, better and especially when you don't play an instrument or have Adele's voice...

-Image: She looks very good now, great choice of make up, dresses, shoes, hair style, etc... It was not the case in Psychedelices, she could look so much better... but she had this kind of "I don't care" way of dressing that it was not a good match with her album at the time...

She is wiser now and has Sony help backing her for 5, which maybe is her best solo album but I still prefer Psychedelices hence my vote. She probably learned a lot from it, too.

Sorry about all the offtopics, but I felt like writing about those things
Great post! I totally agree 'Par les Paupieres' was EASILY her best song in the album. And I totally agree, this should have been a single. I would go as far as to say that this was one of her best songs out of all 3 albums.

Interesting thing is when she was making the album she mentions that she drew inspiration from Nelly Furtado. If you look this particular song it's very familiar to Nelly Furtado's "All Good Things Come to an End" from her 2006 album Loose.

There are a lot of similarities between the two, hence Alizee's inspiration for the song, I think she really likes this song from Nelly and they are both towards the end of the album.

And I do agree about how she dressed during that time as opposed to now. She definitely dresses better now, she even brought back her hair style from 2003.