Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Haha dude. I had to come here and post since I am a HUGE soccer/football fan (even though most of the soccer fans who were buddies of mine on this site has long since left). I could not BELIEVE that France qualified. I saw the Leg 1 on Friday and was totally disappointed. I thought France wasn't going to qualify. But then I checked the score on ESPN today and was totally estatic. Everyone in France is excited.

I visited the french site tf1 which I have been visiting since 2006 WC (I view the site via Google Translate - it translates the entire site) and people in Alizee's home country is totally excited. It's like a bomb that went off once France scored the 3rd goal. Overcoming a 2 goal deficit is very, very hard at this competitive level.

It would have been just wrong and weird if a powerhouse and a great country like France hadn't made it to the World Cup. I would have only had to root for USA.

By the way, I see you are Diego Mardona fan, I was too when I was little, I remember when I was little I got all excited to see Diego Maradona in WC '94, too bad we didn't get to see much of him in '94 due to the steroid scandal. Easily one of the best players to play the game along with Pele, Zidane, Brazil's Ronaldo.

Ever since he left the game, Argentina hasn't been the same. I was a Argentina fan before I became a huge France fan with Zidane.

Hopefully, in this World Cup we will get to see Messi shine, now that he is much older and more experienced.

I hope Alizee is sleeping better tonight with a smile on her face. I know that she is a Soccer fan, she posted a pic of herself wearing a jersey of France's Loris (France's goalkeeper, before Euro 2012 started). Such a relief that France qualified. (whew!)
Yeah, most of the people who've posted on here are gone, but you can count on me to post here now and then.
I couldn't say I'm a huge fan that knows what's going on everywhere, but I do love the sport, I've been watching since I was a kid too

Agreed, if France and the other powerhouse teams/previous winners don't at least qualify, it couldn't be the same.

Messi is a great player, I'm sure he'll do very well. But I'll be rooting for France (of course!) USA and Brazil, the hosts I hope Brazil doesn't let us down, I was hoping South Africa would get farther last time
Old 12-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Against The Current

Ouch USA!! France though I think could be alright. Brazil has this round in the bag.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:59 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Tough one for England.....
Old 12-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Tough one for England.....
Indeed, but at least they're not up against Spain and the Netherlands like Chile and Australia!
I don't think we'll see a repeat of the last World Cup where both the previous champions and runners up went home almost immediately
Old 04-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Yeah, most of the people who've posted on here are gone, but you can count on me to post here now and then.
I couldn't say I'm a huge fan that knows what's going on everywhere, but I do love the sport, I've been watching since I was a kid too

Agreed, if France and the other powerhouse teams/previous winners don't at least qualify, it couldn't be the same.

Messi is a great player, I'm sure he'll do very well. But I'll be rooting for France (of course!) USA and Brazil, the hosts I hope Brazil doesn't let us down, I was hoping South Africa would get farther last time
Looking forward to the World Cup too. Funny I will be rooting for pretty much the same countries..well maybe not Brazil fully (depending on the situation and the country the play, no way if France is playing them :P). Definitely supporting team USA (they are in a ridiculously tough group but I hope they repeat what they did in 2002 where they beat Portugal and were in the top two spots to get to the knockout stages) and obviously the other Football country that I profess my love which would be France.

Only 60 more days!

As for today Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win the Copa Del Rey!

Gareth Bale you the man! Absolutely INSANE goal. Shows why Madrid spent $100 mil dollars for you.

(sorry Spanish fan I know you love Barcelona :P )
Old 04-16-2014, 11:54 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Looking forward to the World Cup too. Funny I will be rooting for pretty much the same countries..well maybe not Brazil fully (depending on the situation and the country the play, no way if France is playing them :P). Definitely supporting team USA (they are in a ridiculously tough group but I hope they repeat what they did in 2002 where they beat Portugal and were in the top two spots to get to the knockout stages) and obviously the other Football country that I profess my love which would be France.

Only 60 more days!

As for today Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win the Copa Del Rey!

Gareth Bale you the man! Absolutely INSANE goal. Shows why Madrid spent $100 mil dollars for you.

(sorry Spanish fan I know you love Barcelona :P )
I haven't seen Spanishfan here in some time But Jacotey is a fan of Real! Like I mentioned in the chatbox earlier, you guys deserved the win. With the way Barcelona's been playing lately I don't think we'll be winning anything this time around. Bale is definitely a great player, and deserves to be at Real. 100 mil though?

Oh and same, I support Brazil but if they face France, sorry! Les Bleus! They have the advantage playing at home and all, but you never know if they'll be out like Germany in 2006. Football powerhouse and yet...
Old 04-17-2014, 02:33 PM
HipHopHead

Jacotey is on a distinguished road

Why I didn't see this thread before? So yeah, like Fall mentioned above, I'm Madridista, but I support Liverpool FC and Paris Saint-Germain too. Yesterday was very happy day for me - this win is very important, because it means that Ancelotti is a good trainer for Real (it's his first season and we still have chance for Triple Crown) and one of few things which I hate in Madrid's management is firing trainers after one season, it didn't happen with Mourinho, but in the past...

I didn't count how many times I've already watched Bale goal, but he is just awesome. He has three attributes which I love - incredible speed, powerful long-shots and amazing free kicks... It looks like I described two Madrid players at the same time About the price - it's even more than $100 mil, Gareth Bale costed €91 mil, so it's about $120 mil. It's hard to describe in words how many it is for the average people , but Real Madrid is for sure the richest club in the world with income ~€500 mil per year, they can afford it.

Like you guys, I can't wait to see the World Cup. I support France (I wonder why... ), Portugal (CR7, Pepe and Coentrão), Spain (only because of Real Madrid players, but I wouldn't mind if they won't win... 1x World Cup and 2x Euro is enough!) and... Belgium - they have a lot of amazing young players (Hazard, Curtois, Januzaj, Lukaku... just wow), even if they won't do well in 2014, they will dominate next Euro or World Cup. And besides, Belgium is a francophone country

Oh, I forget. Thanks for your attitude Fall - if every fan of Barcelona and Real would be like you... And like them!

Last edited by Jacotey; 04-17-2014 at 03:23 PM..
Old 04-17-2014, 11:29 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotey View Post
Oh, I forget. Thanks for your attitude Fall - if every fan of Barcelona and Real would be like you... And like them!
Without a doubt they love the sport even more than they love their teams, me too.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:59 PM
Against The Current

So about the Barcelona game today. I almost gave up completely at the beginning of the second half, it was crazy. I had some optimism going in, hoping we'd bounce back But luckily Alvez stepped in and saved us, holy moly we needed that. I hope we can keep this up, we struggled but there were (I counted 8-9) many chances to score.

I also posted a pic in IG, my jersey

I prefer it without a name and number as it is, but it would be cool to get a "Not 20" jersey like RAM's

Last edited by Fall; 04-21-2014 at 12:01 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 03:11 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Fall,

Don't you watch or follow any of the MLS teams??