Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
One other thing: if we really are planning on making a habit of this, we should probably think of a name for it. It doesn't feel right to me to do it under the AAm Podcast banner, as that's Ciara's deal.

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of calling it 'Tradewind', not only for the obvious pun on Alizée's name, but also because it's a pretty accurate description of what it is...a bunch of fans sitting around and trading hot air with each other. Yes, no, maybe so?
Your boat, your call, but I might go with something simple that tells ya what it is without any fuss, like "the AAm group commentary".
Old 01-14-2009, 08:18 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Ok, all, well, let's not get too ahead of ourselves with all this. How about we just do another one and see how things go?

Merci Fanny
Old 01-14-2009, 09:17 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

BTW, Ruro, the torrent is already working, it was my anti-virus blocking the download. I just hope I will have the 4.12 GB file ready for the event
I think that 4 pm isn't a good time for this guys, since the concerts usually take more than 1 hr to watch, and at 4 PM everyone usually has something to do .
Maybe a little bit later or earlier, Je ne sais, like 10-12 AM or 6-7 PM. (wait, nevermind at 10 AM Im still dreaming of Alizee.)
though anyways I may be there at any time.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
BTW, Ruro, the torrent is already working, it was my anti-virus blocking the download. I just hope I will have the 4.12 GB file ready for the event
Ah OK, good news. Hopefully everybody who needs it will be able to download it in time.

Quote:
I think that 4 pm isn't a good time for this guys, since the concerts usually take more than 1 hr to watch, and at 4 PM everyone usually has something to do .
Maybe a little bit later or earlier, Je ne sais, like 10-12 AM or 6-7 PM. (wait, nevermind at 10 AM Im still dreaming of Alizee.)
though anyways I may be there at any time.
Well, the trick is in managing the time difference between the east coast and west coast, and giving everybody an equal chance to participate. 12PM on the east coast is still only 9AM on the west, probably a little bit early to expect people to come out and record a commentary track on their day off. And 6-7PM starts cutting into people's dinner/Saturday night partying plans. Hosting it early/mid afternoon seemed to be the best way to strike a balance.

Speaking of the time...we've finalized the plans for my mom's birthday bash finally, and I should be good to go for the 31st if we could bump the time for this up by an hour (say 3PM EST/12PM PST), even if we go a little long.

Otherwise, I may need to cut out early (which means that somebody else will have to record the chat and send me a copy for editing).

Thunderbirds are go?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Thunderbirds are go?
More "Calling International Rescue" (loved that show!) based on the first one. Na, it was great. And I think the 31st works unless I have to to make up for lost work. The time of day doesn't matter, but in general how do people feel about Sundays as a possibility too? I was also serious about the 7th or 8th working out, what's the verdict on that?

Last edited by Ben; 01-18-2009 at 11:14 PM..
Old 01-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
More "Calling International Rescue" (loved that show!) based on the first one. Na, it was great. And I think the 31st works unless I have to to make up for lost work. The time of day doesn't matter, but in general how do people feel about Sundays as a possibility too? I was also serious about the 7th or 8th working out, what's the verdict on that?
Sundays are more difficult for me, at least for next few months--my work rotation has me working every other Sunday, and on-call for the ones I'm off. Not saying we can't do it if that's more convenient for everyone else...I just may need to drop out at the last minute, is all.

I'm off the 7th (and only on-call on the 8th), so that weekend could work for me, aussi.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Century Child

Quote:
I just may need to drop out at the last minute, is all.
No way, it's your show! If you wouldn't drop me, we're certainly not dropping you. So Sundays are out.
I'm sure I can make one of either the 31st or the 7th, just not sure which yet. Will let you know ASAP!
Old 01-19-2009, 03:45 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ah OK, good news. Hopefully everybody who needs it will be able to download it in time.

Well, the trick is in managing the time difference between the east coast and west coast, and giving everybody an equal chance to participate. 12PM on the east coast is still only 9AM on the west, probably a little bit early to expect people to come out and record a commentary track on their day off. And 6-7PM starts cutting into people's dinner/Saturday night partying plans. Hosting it early/mid afternoon seemed to be the best way to strike a balance.

Speaking of the time...we've finalized the plans for my mom's birthday bash finally, and I should be good to go for the 31st if we could bump the time for this up by an hour (say 3PM EST/12PM PST), even if we go a little long.

Otherwise, I may need to cut out early (which means that somebody else will have to record the chat and send me a copy for editing).

Thunderbirds are go?
sounds good to me

Merci Fanny
Old 01-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Yeah Saturdays don't really work for me, I have class then D&D afterwords which would go right over the times for this. Sunday's I am free but if its too inconvenient for everyone else I would say just forget about it, especially if you are on call Ruro, would suck to have you run out midway.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
D&D afterwords
D&D?......