Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Have you seen Ghost Live?
Yes 11 22.92%
No 33 68.75%
in dreams 4 8.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2010, 08:02 AM
On a hiatus break

Aayush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarsh View Post
not seen a ghost in real but all frnds around me are just like a ghost.........
You GHOSTTTT.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:44 AM

Adarsh is on a distinguished road

As u r my frnd so u are the ghost dude.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Universal Member

UniCom is on a distinguished road
Default UniSpectre

I have not seen ghosts altho I do believe there are haunting spirits in the world. I've heard strange things from outside my home tho. I hope you guys can read this. I'm not a ghost at all. Oh yeah.... SPIRIT BOMB!

Last edited by UniCom; 12-03-2010 at 11:11 PM..
Old 02-16-2014, 07:13 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

I am sorry for reviving such a old thread, but such a great thread should simply not go to waste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I believe in ghosts though I have never seen one. I believe that our universe is not the only universe and that ghost are the result of a parallel universe over lapping with ours...
http://www.astronomy.pomona.edu/Proj...utliverse.html

also Steven Hawking has some kool stuff on this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
So, it's dark and there's sounds? You're right, clearly the work of ghosts. It's not some natural phenomena present since the formation of earth.

Darkness, clearly the ghosts trying to fuck with you so their ghoulish terror will have twice the effect, not just the fact that you have the lights turned off and it's 2 in the morning.

The sounds are quite obviously spectral happenings, not the occurrence of two opposing forces experiencing friction on a level large enough to disturb the air space and create an audible noise.

I'm on your side, Aayush

Ghosts are real, and not a figment of human imagination that has been largely commercialized in the last thirty years.
I agree with both of these quotes. Personally, I have so far never seen a ghost, and I don't think it would be good for me to see one (I have phasmophobia - fear of ghosts), however I did spend the first year of my life in a house, where people were tortured and killed in the second world war. If you ask my parents or anyone else who has spent time there, there is something simply wrong with this house (it is a government-owned house, in which there is also a small school for kids from first to third grade), and such claims were also made by people who didn't know about it's history prior to noticing something uncanny and awry.
People report being awoken in the middle of the night, feeling dizzy, loosing weight, having rapid shifts in behaviour, ... nothing to write home about really, no apparitions, voices or anything of that kind, just minor inconveniences and everyday nuisances, but exactly these things make people move out of this house quite quickly. I think that I was the only baby who spent time in this house (from my birth to when I was one year old, when my family moved out), but I did not spend much time there because I was sick all the time, nearly died at birth, ... I wonder, how this might have impacted my later development.

Oh, and what exactly happened in that house? Well, the village was burnt down by Italians in 1942 (because residents of this village supported local resistance movement), only two churches, houses of those who were against partisans and this house remained. Italians then dug a underground tunnel between the nearby church and this house, and trials of captured partisans were conducted in the church, while the interrogations and executions happened in the basement of this house. I don't know what happened after Italian capitulation in 1943, but regarding the fact that this area was one of the last German-held areas in the war, as it was right on the doorstep into the south-eastern Europe and every square kilometre of this area was important for German war efforts, I believe that Germans continued Italian practice until the last day, with their usual vigour and efficiency.
Even during the 1991 war my father and some others were removing hooks from the walls, on which people were hung during the second world war, and my family sought refuge in this same basement during the 1991 war (I was still in my mother's womb back then). And then I wonder... where does my phasmophobia come from?

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 02-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
nope, i don't believe in ghosts. even if i saw one i still wouldn't believe in them.
^^^ (From the first page of the thread)

I've been told that I shouldn't mention this, but if I listened to everything people told me I probably wouldn't be on this forum, among many other things. Anyway....

One day in mid December 2012 just before lunch I was working on something and needed another tool. The tools were directly behind me, about four feet away. So I spun around 180 degrees to my left, and halfway through the spin my view passed the doorway about 20 feet away that leads to the storage room. After I finished the spin I realized that the person I glanced going into the storage room couldn't have really been there. I knew this because I have an energy-draining need to know where everyone around me is at all times, for other reasons. This person was wearing the same uniform as me and my co-workers, but they were all accounted for. Two were not in the building, one was on the far side of the room, farthest from the storage room, and the other was on the side of the room closest to it. I decided to go see who it was, and as I went by my coworker closest to the door, I asked him who went back there. He said he didn't see anyone, but he was not in a good position to have seen the doorway.

I go in the storage room (one way in and out) and there was no one in there. I start laughing and come out and say "Guess what? I just saw a ghost!" No one believed me.

I didn't believe it either, but it showed me that the mind (or at least mine) is capable of fooling itself, for whatever reason.

Or, maybe it was a ghost. No one has ever suffered any hurt, harm or danger there as far as we know, at least not in uniform.

It was a fun story until I stopped telling it.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
^^^ (From the first page of the thread)

I've been told that I shouldn't mention this, but if I listened to everything people told me I probably wouldn't be on this forum, among many other things. Anyway....

One day in mid December 2012 just before lunch I was working on something and needed another tool. The tools were directly behind me, about four feet away. So I spun around 180 degrees to my left, and halfway through the spin my view passed the doorway about 20 feet away that leads to the storage room. After I finished the spin I realized that the person I glanced going into the storage room couldn't have really been there. I knew this because I have an energy-draining need to know where everyone around me is at all times, for other reasons. This person was wearing the same uniform as me and my co-workers, but they were all accounted for. Two were not in the building, one was on the far side of the room, farthest from the storage room, and the other was on the side of the room closest to it. I decided to go see who it was, and as I went by my coworker closest to the door, I asked him who went back there. He said he didn't see anyone, but he was not in a good position to have seen the doorway.

I go in the storage room (one way in and out) and there was no one in there. I start laughing and come out and say "Guess what? I just saw a ghost!" No one believed me.

I didn't believe it either, but it showed me that the mind (or at least mine) is capable of fooling itself, for whatever reason.

Or, maybe it was a ghost. No one has ever suffered any hurt, harm or danger there as far as we know, at least not in uniform.

It was a fun story until I stopped telling it.
Well, glances don't count. As you probably know, very little actual information is sent from eyes to brains, and brains make up everything else. Quick glances or perhipherial vision are far from reliable sources of information. Heck, nothing really is reliable

As a mather of the fact, some years ago I stummbled uppon this very interesting article;
http://www.hauntmastersclub.com/file...in-machine.pdf

Abstract of the paper, for those interested: In this paper we outline an as yet
undocumented natural cause for some
cases of ostensible haunting. Using the
first author’s own experience as an
example, we show how a 19hz standing
air wave may under certain conditions
create sensory phenomena suggestive of
a ghost. The mechanics and physiology
of this ‘ghost in the machine’ effect is
outlined. Spontaneous case researchers
are encouraged to rule out this potential
natural explanation for paranormal
experience in future cases of the
haunting or poltergeisti

However, what I really don't understand with apparations is why in wast majority of cases there are almost always apparations of humans or other animals, and not some quirky aliens... I mean, if explanation for ghosts really is some form a multiverse theory, then why do beings "from other universes" almost always resemble us? Or am I missing something? (I confess that so far I haven't really looked into multiverse theory in detail)

And why there are at least two distinct types of hauntings - one that involve ghosts always performing the same acts (as if following a script, invariant to observers, for example climbing a staircase that does not even exist anymore because the house was burned down), and the other type where ghosts display intelligence and react to observers? The first type could perhaps be explained using some quirky physics, that these are some types of natural recordings that are replayed again, and again, and again, ... until they fade out. But the second one?

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 02-16-2014, 08:50 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Sitting alone in office (which has space for almost 3000 employees) at 6 AM, I guess I might see one today.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I've never seen a ghost, and never had any kind of supernatural experience. But it's certainly an interesting thing to think about. I remember when I was a kid, I was hanging out in the basement of a friend's house. He lived in a townhouse by the way. So out of the blue we start hearing what sounds like a bunch of noise upstairs of stuff being moved around, but absolutely no voices or anything to indicate someone had come home, supposedly we were alone in the house for a while. We did panic a little, but the first thought to go through my mind at least, wasn't "ghosts." I thought people had broken in and were looking through the house for valuables. (It turned out to be just neighbors in the adjacent townhouse rearranging furniture, and we could hear it.) So I can't say I believe in ghosts, but I'm not gonna rule anything out, cause although that kind of thing can be frightening from the stories you hear, deep down I want to experience something like that for myself. Maybe not right now, at night , but someday.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:08 AM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

I've never seen a ghost either thank fuck.. but this guy freaked me out more than enough when I was a kid and still does some.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur