Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-01-2009, 05:28 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Yeahh, duh...

Lefty, HR, Barrett, everbody, yeah, you're all right on the mark(s) there...
And after some thought, it seemed (obvious) that she still is immensely popular across a lot of age groups in France, it's just that the older ones aren't as manic as we are.

re: Woohoo -<< I think the best question is when is she coming to America. >>
--That IS the question.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:23 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hey BlackAnthem - I was checking out France's 2 main Alizee fansites, Lillytown.forumactif.net and psychalizee.forumactif.net and found they're mostly a younger cross-section than we are. Most ages going from 13 to 26. A few are older, but not like here, where a couple members were saying they'd gone to see the Beatles. I joined the Lillytown forum, and also noticed they claimed about 420 members--we've got over 2100!

So they're all abuzz about Alizée on tweeterwall over there, too. I haven't tried to tell 'em yet how many of those votes came from the fans at this site! But I'm hoping to eventually get them to see how much she needs to come and take over the rest of America, and how easy it'll be. After that, she could probably even run for president of the world.

Chuck.
Hey. So sorry about the late get back. That is interesting because I saw a video that looked like a younger crowd, due to her appearance on a Disney show that looked pretty young...

As for the the voting, I really hope you are right. I am not sure if you saw this but under Rca I am trying to work with RCA and my friend there to bring her to the table. I am hoping that goes somewhere; especially with the voting backing us up. I'll keep you updated on this but thanks a lot for the info.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:07 PM

Vorock is on a distinguished road

I did my research on this question but never really did find an answer. I'm sure majority of America knows that Alizée's dance from J'en Ai Marre (sorry if I spelt it wrong :O) is a dance in the MMO World of Warcraft , but does Alizée herself know she's on World of Warcraft? I kinda doubt a hard working woman like Alizée would be playing WoW but I'm just curious if she knows Blizzard uses that dance?
Old 08-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorock View Post
I did my research on this question but never really did find an answer. I'm sure majority of America knows that Alizée's dance from J'en Ai Marre (sorry if I spelt it wrong :O) is a dance in the MMO World of Warcraft , but does Alizée herself know she's on World of Warcraft? I kinda doubt a hard working woman like Alizée would be playing WoW but I'm just curious if she knows Blizzard uses that dance?
you spelt it perfectly

I would assume she knows because Blizzard would have had to contact her or her manager or whoever "owns" that dance.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:53 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

I'am absolutely sure that she knows. Remember that it was long time ago and she wasn't working all the time.
Maybe Blizzard wouldn't contacted Her, thoug it's almost impossible I think. But that was only inspired by her dance, I doubt if she registered trademark (maybe she should . Even if, she had so much time to discover it. Maybe she played WoW just to see it.
Maybe it's a good thing that some people recognize her dance. Exactly through such things people dig further, they want to know and ask themselves: "Who the hell she is?"
Old 08-22-2009, 01:36 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

can you even own a "dance"?? i mean.. if the lyrics aren't there and they're not using her face, can they sorta bypass it?

'sides, didn't Alizee have to fight to get the rights to her songs once she split from Mylene?

Old 08-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
can you even own a "dance"?? i mean.. if the lyrics aren't there and they're not using her face, can they sorta bypass it?

'sides, didn't Alizee have to fight to get the rights to her songs once she split from Mylene?
Choreography can be copyrighted, but I don't know the details. I would imagine Mylene and/or her collaborators created the JEAM dance.

Alizée never had rights to the Mylene era songs. The only thing Alizée would have rights to is her performance of the songs on the sound recording. The rights to the songs themselves are controlled by the writers and the publishing company, in this case MB/LB. Of course these rights can be further reasigned by written contract. That doesn't mean Alizée can't perform them. It just means she would have to pay the appropriate fee for each song she uses.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss_pl View Post
I'am absolutely sure that she knows. Remember that it was long time ago and she wasn't working all the time.
Maybe Blizzard wouldn't contacted Her, thoug it's almost impossible I think. But that was only inspired by her dance, I doubt if she registered trademark (maybe she should . Even if, she had so much time to discover it. Maybe she played WoW just to see it.
Maybe it's a good thing that some people recognize her dance. Exactly through such things people dig further, they want to know and ask themselves: "Who the hell she is?"
What are the chances of a woman like Alizee actually playing WoW? But then again, people you least expect play that game. Like Dave Chappelle. Even if she doesn't know it I'm very proud Blizzard put her dance in the game. I know a lot of Americans discovered her that way. BTW, I read that a new mmo Blizzard is working on is also going to have Alizee's dance in it. Somebody must be an Alizee fan over there ! But It's also sad that more people know about the dance as a Night Elf thing than her own dance .
Old 08-22-2009, 11:51 AM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

That about playing Wow I meant, that maybe someone just showed her the game, or she just played to see that dance what is of course an absurd.
Or Jeremy was playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorock View Post
But It's also sad that more people know about the dance as a Night Elf thing than her own dance .
But maybe just part of them seen or heard that part or all(?) the dances was inspired by real performances, they want to see original dance, maybe some of them search further when they see such an beauitiful lady
Old 08-22-2009, 07:43 PM

Oh guys! I discovered something on Wikipedia.org. Alizée's record company used to be Polydor which is owned by a French company named Vinvedi. And which company owns Blizzard? Yeah... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ned_by_Vivendi
Thought I'd share this.

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline