Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-10-2012, 02:44 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
What's wrong with tattoo parlors?

It seems like a lot of you have a very old fashioned view on tattoos. The idea that tattoo parlors are dark, grimy, hell holes full of thugs and low lives...just is not true. Now sure, there are some places like that. But Most of them are very nice. Most of the parlors downtown where I live, are BEAUTIFUL on the inside. Well light, great interior, CLEAN and the artists are really nice, and cool to talk to.

As for the people who go there....times have changed. As I said...it's not bikers and gang members, plenty of everyday people, hard working, good people, go to these places. The kinds of people you would meet at a tattoo shop are the same people you could meet anywhere else.

But honestly, it really doesn't matter if we like or dislike the tattoos...if she wants more, she will get more.

And like Helixsix and others have said, there are A LOT of worse things she could be doing. So if at the end of the day, the WORST news we get about Alizée is that she's getting a new tattoo.....we should be thankful.
To me, your job is irrelevant when you have tattoos. I absolutely DON'T think tattoos make you a "bad" person, but I think it shows rather...questionable judgment. I consider tattoos to be graffiti on your body, not "art." If you love art, buy a freaking painting or something. It's odd to me that people would rather wear something on their body that they wouldn't hang in their house. I'm no psychologist, but every person I've known with tattoos had low self esteem.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:48 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

It's all just personal choice and we should respect each individuals choice.
I have tattoo's. I don't have a problem with anyone who doesn't.
I don't think having a tattoo is a signal of anything underlying.
If anyone wants to get one or two or ten it's their choice, their body.
There are worse things in life...much worse.
It's not really much of a big deal these days.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:29 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
To me, your job is irrelevant when you have tattoos. I absolutely DON'T think tattoos make you a "bad" person, but I think it shows rather...questionable judgment. I consider tattoos to be graffiti on your body, not "art." If you love art, buy a freaking painting or something. It's odd to me that people would rather wear something on their body that they wouldn't hang in their house. I'm no psychologist, but every person I've known with tattoos had low self esteem.
I agree with your points Euphoria. At the very least it is in many cases a cry for attention and probably a discontent with a persons body via a need to improve or change it through tattooing. To the extreme a form of self mutilation and or serious rebelllion. Although the culture of tattoo's has changed drastically in the past few years, I think in most cases the motives are the same as when it was a sign of trashy or rebellious nature/cult of personality.I also agree that in most cases it is a sure sign of poor self esteem/self respect. There are exceptions to almost every rule, so those of you with tattoo's that are on this forum will have to evaluate your motives and I in no way can say that all tattoo'ed individuals fit into any of these categories.It is just that if you walk like a duck, quack like a duck then you are probably a duck. I think Alizee is a duck or at least makes a lot of duck face photo's lol!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:58 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I'm no psychologist, but every person I've known with tattoos had low self esteem.

Maybe, but people with high self esteem and with egos the size of a stadium like olimpic champions, nba players, rappers, proffesional soldiers, etc... they also have tattoos...

I won't judge people with tattoos or their reasons to have them, my problem with Alizée's tattoos is that I frankly find them quite laughable today, and they will look even worst in the future...
It is not a case of having a rose, an eagle, or the name of your daughter tattooed on your skin, we are talking about Disney characters and Sailor Moon...

I bet she is happy with them, but she is ruining a little bit my view of her as an icon. It is a cliché, but the cute tiny and classy french woman like Audrey Hepburn was a perfect example of style and elegance...
I can not really say that Alizée is classy in that same level anymore...

She had the music and the looks at some point. The music is not the same and the looks... she is not taking good decisions from a proffesional point of view...
I can not see for example any important magazine calling her for a big photoshoot with nice dresses... thanks to Sailor moon in her shoulder and whatever she does next.

The good thing is that if her new album is better than the last two, all this tattoo histories won't matter that much.

Last edited by SpanishFan; 05-10-2012 at 08:00 PM..
Old 05-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
She had the music and the looks at some point. The music is not the same and the looks... she is not taking good decisions from a proffesional point of view...
I can not see for example any important magazine calling her for a big photoshoot with nice dresses... thanks to Sailor moon in her shoulder and whatever she does next.
This is what I'm worried about. It might not seem like a big deal but the tattoos can hurt promotion for this very reason. If she decided to cover them up, it would cost extra money/time/materials to conceal the tattoos with makeup or photoshop them out. This makes me wonder how seriously she is taking her career as a singer/performer at this point, because unless she plans to incorporate the multitude of tattoos into a new image for the album, this could fare badly for promotion or even public rep.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 05-10-2012, 10:25 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Well...tattoos didn't do e.g. Amy Winehouse's career any harm?
I honestly think that some are making way to big a deal out of this.
After all she has had the Tinkerbell for a long time? It's pretty noticable......
Has the sky fallen down...?

Last edited by Junkmale; 05-10-2012 at 10:36 PM..
Old 05-10-2012, 10:36 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Well...tattoos didn't do e.g. Amy Winehouse's career any harm?

Nope, her tattoos didn't. She was still very popular with tons of tattoos. Her drug use is what casued problems. So I say again...if tattoos are the worst thing Lili does....we should be happy.

Last edited by BrianO1; 05-10-2012 at 10:40 PM..
Old 05-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

But Amy Winehouse had a completely different image. Alizee has always had more or less of a sweet, bubblegum-type image and that's what sells. Maybe she will go somewhere with this and make it work but it can still hurt her.

I don't think anyone's really implying that this is a huge deal, but there are negative connotations to be considered.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 05-10-2012, 11:54 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
I got an appointement today at St Lazare Station. Near a certain tattoo shop...
So I decide to take a look to the "house of evil"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee
New Facebook entry:

Followers, je vous donne RDV l'année prochaine au Mondial du tatouage! Je serai présente aux côtés de mon ami Tin-Tin ! Alors on like et on partage ! Merci Merci!

Translation:
Followers, I give you RDV next year to The Worldwide of tattoos (Le Mondial du Tatouage)! I shall be present beside my friend Tin-Tin! Then they like and share! Thank you Thank you!

Tin-Tin must be very charismatic. He has obviously influenced her - and not in a good direction for her.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Unfortunately I think the main man in her life is dancerman and rather than being the type of guy who should talk some sense into this girl, I feel he is more likely to be the type to say to her "You go girl.".
I still think people are underestimating this point. All signs are pointing to her getting many more tattoo's while her inner circle doesn't object.

We know about gateway drugs but there are also gateway friends. Duckface Dancerman appears to be one and we are probably seeing the results of his impact. I'm curious what else he does and who his friends are because that would be just another gateway friend.

There are also gateway locations, like tattoo parlors for instance. I'm not doubting how nice the people are but you can bet their personal lives are different than people you meet at a dance studio. The more time Alizée spends getting tattoo's the chances of her meeting a real problem person goes up. Heck all she has to do is show up at the wrong party.