Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-15-2016, 09:15 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Every time I visit their forum, I find the level of activity, even in chat to be so low, I wonder why they keep running it. I'd be surprised if this wasn't true and was just a rumor, but if it is a rumor, it was probably deliberately put out there to see if there's any interest in someone taking over the forum. The worst part of it's closing would be I think we'd lose all the past posts, the history I guess you'd say of this forum.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:53 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Closing at the end of the year...

http://www.alizee-forum.com

Attached Images
File Type: png afor.png (33.4 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 11-17-2016 at 06:55 AM..
Old 11-17-2016, 10:51 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

It's sad but there are very few members left over there.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

Man thats crazy im not gonna lie im a little sad... i remember being 15 joining the place back in 2004 my freshmen year of highscool. It was THE forum to be appart of back then. I eventually made the move here, but even though things didnt end well with me there.... i still have many more good/positive memories and glad about some of the friends i made there that i still keep in touch with occasionally. I remember staying up many nights as a teen and in college hanging out in the irc chat and doing graphics and just all the stuff you do when your in the early stages of fandom. I guess it was long over due though because when i last checked a few years back they didnt have many members. Respect to those who stayed till the end though. Like scruffy said it would be a shame to lose all those posts. I still will go through and read some of my old stuff and just think back to when a time in my life was different than now. I've definitely become a different person and recently just got out of Jail in October so i've definitely being doing a lot of reflecting on who i was and who i've become as a person and the Alizee forum and AAm definitely played a major role in a part of my life that not many know about. It was like my escape from reality from all the drugs and illegal activites that eventually progressed into a spiral that i could no longer control.

---------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Plaz; 12-12-2016 at 10:42 PM..
Old 12-13-2016, 01:34 AM

It's good to hear from you Plaz. I reflected on recently how Alizée had meant so much in my life. For those who like her music, her looks, her as a person, she is a game changer. She brought so much happiness into my life, where before, there was none and it sounds like she did the same to you. I wish you the best!

EDIT: As far as Alizee forum. I've tried to make contact with them to see if maybe they'd be willing to sell their server or if there was some way to keep it going for at least the next 6 months, which I think are critical, but all attempts have failed.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-13-2016 at 01:38 AM..
Old 12-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Hypebeast

I can get a hold of ricc for you. What's the best way for him to reach you?

Last edited by Plaz; 12-13-2016 at 01:07 PM..
Old 12-13-2016, 06:52 PM

Probably through FB. I left a message on Ricc's fb page which I accessed through AF's fb page, but haven't heard back from him. Thanks Plaz.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:21 AM
Hypebeast

He got back to me.

Old 12-14-2016, 03:31 AM

Great....maybe I can get in touch with him now.....Thanks Plaz!
Old 12-16-2016, 05:39 AM

I sent Ricco a long letter via FB. I told him I think changes need to be made at AF. To just pump money into it, would do no good. There are reasons it's a ghost town now and it's not just because of Alizee. One change I'd like to see them make is maybe getting one or two of the newer members that had been posting of late to be admins in the forum. It needs some new blood such as the way when Ray came into this forum. This site probably would've faded away without him. Then they'd need to communicate, mainly to fans that have been posting in the past several months that things would be different.

They need to run a tight ship over there. Every week I would see arguments every day with insults being traded back and forth and that I feel was what drove people away. That's something I've certainly been one of the worst offenders of at times, but for the most part, I've tried hard to make this a better place to come to.

So I'll see if I can at least keep it going for at least a couple of months, until we can work some things out.

Of course if Alizee announced she was going to make another album, fans would come back in droves....problem solved or conversely if she announced she had a bun in the oven, that would probably be the end of AF and AAm.

My main reason for trying to keep AF going is if she sees one of her biggest fan forums closing, it might make her feel her fan base is drying up and would weaken any will she had to produce another album.

So I conveyed these thoughts to Ricco and he said he received it, but just got back from a trip and needs some time to think things over.