Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-23-2016, 08:51 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Looks like me and Ricco have reached a tentative deal to keep AF open for the next 2 months. At least that gives us more time to see what plans she might come up with and see if he might want to sell the server at a reasonable price.

EDIT:

It's a done deal. AF will stay open for the first 2 months of the year!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-23-2016 at 09:27 AM..
Old 12-23-2016, 03:01 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I have to agree Scruffydog on the need for new blood over on AF. It never was a bad forum but one or two members come to mind that ruined the board. They were bullies who felt the AF board revolved around their every word. Disagree with them and get ready for a Crap storm coming down on you. I never had any problems over there because I just ignored those few instigators. One in particular "major" fan you know who I'm talking about, is just a major Dick, and that is me being kind. That man did so much damage to that board by driving members out with his arrogant pompous know it all attitude.

Glad you and Ricco are going to give it a few more weeks hopefully Alizée may do something but my feeling is nothing is going to change with her singing career. She hitched her wagon to the DALS train, and she's going to ride it to the end.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:46 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

If Alizee becomes pregnant, as she has stated she wants to, for all practical purposes that will be the end of her career. If she is absent from public view for several years or even three or four months, what little of her fan base remains will evaporate. If she continues to pursue a career as a dancer, she will be nothing but a has-been, as she is now. A handful of fanatical fans, such as myself, will always be faithful, but . . . Even if she returns to singing, it won't be easy for her. I'm afraid she will wake up one morning in the not-too-distant future and realize: It's over.

Last edited by Shepherd; 12-23-2016 at 06:49 PM..
Old 12-23-2016, 11:00 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

Well done scruffy

---------------------------------------------------

Old 12-24-2016, 01:26 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Yeah, when I became a fan Alizée-Forum didn't seem to me to be a very friendly place. That's why I settled here.

Yet there is a tremendous amount of information there that's worth keeping. Besides just being facts, there are many comments from fans who were living those times and they provided perspective on the events and situations in the Alizée fan world.

I don't know about these things but maybe the thread database could be saved and loaded into some kind of free hosted forum. There would be no members and no need for moderation or monitoring... Or everything would be locked... This would preserve the history in it's current format but not require constant monitoring or cost.

Maybe some members know if this is possible?
Old 12-24-2016, 02:53 PM

Before Ricco had mentioned backing up the info, but he didn't say whether or not that info would be readily available.

He's going through a tough personal time, so now is not a good time to ask him about it. Later next month would be better.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:23 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I was wondering more about the feasibility and technical aspects of such a plan for the future. Well, I'm not really wondering. It was just a thought.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:42 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
... One in particular "major" fan you know who I'm talking about, is just a major Dick, and that is me being kind. That man did so much damage to that board by driving members out with his arrogant pompous know it all attitude.
I know exactly who you are talking about and you are right: he did do a lot of damage. I think he also damaged the wider relationship between Alizee and her fans. It was the main reason I came over to this forum which was always much friendlier

Although I don't post here anymore I do look in now and again to see what's going on in 'Alizee world' and I still play her old CDs when I feel the need for a mood lift - and it still works!
Old 01-10-2017, 08:41 AM

AlphaDevil2 is on a distinguished road

Looks like I'm going to need a new spiritual home but then AF has been quiet for so long but I met some very good friends there most have moved on but I still talk to one or two of them.

Been going through a family crisis for the last 6 months but was gutted to hear about AF.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:09 PM

Hey AlphaDevil2! You're certainly welcome here. I'm sorry to hear about your family crisis.

Your posting may be a stroke of luck. AF was scheduled to close at the end of 2016. I worked out a deal to keep it open for another 2 months. That will be a waste of time and money if the situation that led to that isn't changed and it will be interesting to hear the views of someone who was there often as opposed to me who would usually visit on a once a week basis.

It seemed like every time I would go there, I'd see insults left and right and sometimes threats. Well insults left and right might be an exaggeration. Most of the insults came from one or two sources. I've been one of the worst offenders over the years, but for the most part, have kept my temper under control, but like I said, these insults seemed to come from the same sources.

I think all members get tired of the bickering, not just the ones that post, but the ones who just observe. It seemed like little was done about it until the damage was done. Going to AF just became a bad experience. People want to hear news, thoughts, opinions on Alizee and in many cases wanted to argue, but there is a way to argue. You don't have to be insultive to make a point. If you are, you probably don't have a good point to begin with.

What I thought AF should do is they should add a couple of mods. These should be people who are in there every day posting. People who have good reputaions. People who wont go off the deep end and people who will be given the power to warn or to issue temporary or permanent bans. One thing we did in this forum is when warning or ban is issued, it comes from the forum, not the individual.

I mentioned these ideas to Riccardo and I should mention briefly he's going through a tough time too.

So it's good seeing you post here, so someone with a lot more experience there will hopefully offer their opinion on what they think is wrong and if it can be corrected.

I wanted to make a post in AF about what's going on but depending upon what you think, maybe you can make a post in AF on this subject and see what the response is there if any.

I also want to mention that I told Ricco I would become a mod there. I don't trust myself.

Of course if Alizee were to announce a new album, that would cure everything and it might be the only way AF can be saved, but I don't see anything on the horizon as far as that.