Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-16-2017, 03:43 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

The elephant in the room is this, those who left and haven't been around for awhile have moved on from Alizée. Those people are probably never coming back to the forum.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:55 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well everyone knows elephants love nuts, especially in the form of Nutella! Alizée could with one announcement lure that elephant out and members back in, but alas poor Yorik, that is something we probably wont know well.

SnapShot(105).jpg
Old 01-16-2017, 06:41 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
The elephant in the room is this, those who left and haven't been around for awhile have moved on from Alizée. Those people are probably never coming back to the forum.
And of course there are all the long-time and newer members who visit the forum weekly or even daily and haven't posted in years or even ever. But I get it... Alizée has the power to keep 'em coming back, even if it's hard to think of things to say.

And I always get a laugh when reading a post like "Hey everyone, I haven't been here is ages... Where did everyone go?" Uh... Hello? #ittakestwo
Old 01-21-2017, 02:04 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
The number of members who have been banned here is quite small. I can only remember one or two regular members being banned in the nearly five years I have been a member, and I think one actually requested to be banned. If someone was banned in the past, they were probably given several chances to prove themselves, and it must not have been important enough to them to make the effort.

I would not expect to see any of the bans from 'the old days' lifted here.

Although not a Mod., I do remember several of the situations. One in particular was of a person that was given repeated opportunities to change their ways and simply escalated behavior until they were eventually banned. Why would they be invited back when there is no evidence of a sincere intention, and commitment, to behave differently? In my view, the forum took too long to act in that case.

Last edited by Rev; 01-21-2017 at 02:07 AM..
Old 02-21-2017, 03:19 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I notified Riccardo today I wont make any more attempts to keep AF open beyond the end of this month.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:09 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

After having been absent for almost 2 years and having considered moving on from Alizée after the Blonde album catastrophe, I have recently attempted a come back , mainly out of nostalgia ... only to see a devatastated Alizée-sphere, even the most loyal of fans having stepped in FRA's footsteps... oh so much has changed in those 2 years .

Even on Alizée France , everyone notices how , and I quote, " Alizées new family life combined with her lack of ambition following 5 and Blonde's commercial failures have hammered the last nail in the coffin of her musical career . With Danse avec les Stars and other TV appearances as last futile attempts to slow down the hearse in the last hundred yards before the cemetery."

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 02-22-2017, 03:22 PM

AlphaDevil2 is on a distinguished road

Had a tinge of sadness tonight knowing that AF will be no more in just a weeks time and started to think about how to keep it open. Eventhou I know its futile.

Just looking on AF and the Goodbye Alizee Forum thread with just 4 posts shows the lack of traffic and desire from members to take action.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:30 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
Had a tinge of sadness tonight knowing that AF will be no more in just a weeks time and started to think about how to keep it open. Eventhou I know its futile.

Just looking on AF and the Goodbye Alizee Forum thread with just 4 posts shows the lack of traffic and desire from members to take action.
I wanted to post a comment in the Goodbye Alizee Forum thread but Jenny's post just seemed to top it off for me, I'm sorry to see the forum go. It was my life!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 02-22-2017, 03:40 PM

AlphaDevil2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
I wanted to post a comment in the Goodbye Alizee Forum thread but Jenny's post just seemed to top it off for me, I'm sorry to see the forum go. It was my life!
It was my life too, I spent way too long on AF and when it was around the Alizee section of MF International. Feeling quite sentimental tonight
Old 02-22-2017, 04:10 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
It was my life too, I spent way too long on AF and when it was around the Alizee section of MF International. Feeling quite sentimental tonight
Any way to download all forum threads in an archive to have something to hold on to?

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..