Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-17-2010, 09:08 AM

another_alizee_fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I get the impression that the one song that really got mexicans crazy about her was JEAM.... one might say that she owes her success in Mexico to Mylene in large part. What do you think?
Of course, she does! If anyone knows about the Mexican culture they know that they love sexy dressed women. On the Hispanic TV channels the average women are always wearing sexy clothes and low cut tops; they make no bones about it, they like it, unlike our American culture which in the most part is still puritan.

If anyone has seen that Mexican TV video where about 6 girls are dressed up as Alizee in black sailor suits with the shorts and they're all doing the JEAM dance at once, it's obvious they like it. The Mexicans, like most of us, like the skin that the old Alizee shows.. not too much but just enough to drive a man crazy. Unfortunately, Alizee hasn't figured out that is what the Mexicans want. When in a recent Mexican interview, they kept asking her about the Lolita, the JEAM dance, etc, she kept blowing them off saying stuff like, "I'm older now."

So, to finish, of Corse (joke), Mylene's Alizee is what they want and desire. As much as I like and cherish Alizee, because she left Mylene, I think her sales will slip, even in Mexico, because she won't give them what they want. I hate to say it but I think Alizee's best singing days are behind her, at least the version of Alizee that EVERY man wants and desires.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:39 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Once again, a completely untrue generalization. I haven't followed this thread much, but it seems her success really took off in Mexico after Psychédélices. Also, I find the current Alizée, as well as the Psych Alizée just as attractive as the MCÉ or Gourmandises Alizée. It is just a more mature beauty. I am not interested in dating a woman of 23 or 25, as I am 18. I still find MCÉ Alizée most attractive, but that is probably because she is closest to my age. Though, I have only known her since being 18; maybe when I get closer to 23, that era of Alizée will be my favorite. Also, it was not the showing of skin that made me love her. And do you really think Alizée should show more skin JUST to get more popular? Really? Ugh... Besides, she was wearing fairly short shorts and dress-things (sorry, don't know female clothing terminology!), weren't they enough? Or that low cut dress in the MJ video? I admt, recently she has been rather reserved, but that is because it is part of the character she is playing.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:26 PM

another_alizee_fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Once again, a completely untrue generalization....
I wish that you were right but I've been watching Alizee since 2005 and have talked to many about her, I've even talked to some French friends in France about her and they also seem to prefer the old Alizee. The Alizee that you're seeing now is the real Alizee but most seem to prefer the version 2.0 (MCE Era). That doesn't mean that they dislike like her now, it just means she's choosing not to be the hot sexy babe they once drooled over.

Put in perspective.. Alizee is a nice, warm, traditional Corsican girl, the girl you would want to take home to mama but sexy international superstar is a thing of the past. It's her life, her choice, I don't hold it against her. I will keep the old vids forever. And if you don't think that being sexy sells, just follow the sales numbers.

Last edited by another_alizee_fan; 04-17-2010 at 06:29 PM..
Old 04-17-2010, 06:35 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I'm just saying you shouldn't claim EVERYBODY is in love ONLY with the old Alizée. Like I said, MCÉ is my favorite; but once again, that is probably just because the similarity in age. I still find the current Alizée, the Psych Alizée, Gourmandises Alizée, all as attractive as MCÉ Alizée. I just prefer MCÉ due to the age.