Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well I think the fact that she performed in over 20 concerts in France in a little over a 2 month period after her first two albums, but after psych, she couldn't get enough fans to perform 1 concert, shows there's a lot more people who have similar preferences as mine. And as far as Mexico was concerned. They were expecting the beautiful young woman in the sailor suit to show up.
You didn't say her older songs were, in their time, more popular. You said they were better. More popular is an objective fact. Better is a subjective opinion.

An artist has to follow his or her heart. That's a more important consideration than fame or popularity. Calls for Alizée to go back to singing the old material, or to reunite with Mylène and Laurent, are calls for her to do what her heart says no to. That she might be more of a commercial success if she did is in fact questionable (because it's doubtful she could do it well if her heart wasn't in it), but in any case it's irrelevant. She is doing what she wants to do, going where her muse leads, and if that means not as many people will get it, and she won't be the huge success she was in the past, but must be content with a lower level of fame, she seems OK with that, and that means I am, too.

EDIT: I was once asked by a friend in Paris what I, as a fan, wanted from Alizée. I said that I thought the next album needed to be more focused than Psychédélices with a unified style instead of a melange. I also said I wanted her to be happy and as successful as she wants to be. That's still what I want.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 04-27-2010 at 06:59 PM..
Old 04-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
Some fans just have a hard time accepting that Alizee might actually not want to perform her old songs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
A lot of the attitudes expressed above are simply a teenage boy's crush on a teenage girl he first encountered in performances recorded years ago by a girl who isn't a teenage girl any more.

Guys, there are still hot teenage girl performers out there. It's just ridiculous for you to expect someone who was a teenage girl ten years ago to remain frozen in amber for you forever. If that's what you're looking for, move on; it still exists. And maybe you'll rediscover Alizée a few years from now when you're a grown-up, too.
Very very true statements. People refuse to move on and they put their own selfish desires above what Alizée is obviously trying to distance herself from.

Quote:
The reason people don't want to let the old songs rest is because they were great songs. The kind of songs that you want to play over and over again. I still listen to them practicaly every day.
Then there shouldn't be a problem. You have the old songs and the videos just like everybody else does. Nothing is stopping anybody from enjoying them. But the selfishness going on around here honestly makes me ashamed to be a member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Edit: IF there are really some new concerts in 2010: Alizée, please bring back some of the old gems. It's a win-win move.
I'm sure the audience would go nuts with happiness if she would sing something like Gourmandises, A contre-courant or Amelie m'a dit on this occasion.
There is nothing wrong with the old songs. We all know she has grown up by now, she does not need to prove it by ignoring her old hits.
You have no idea if it would be a win win move for her. You just want it to be since you'd be in that audience going nuts to satisfy your own needs or urges. Ever consider that she might not like performing for an audience that wants what she was rather than what she is?

She did not create the early songs, MF and LB did. The songs and performances were created for a specific girl of her age and sexual identity, she did not create the lolita image. She was a girl then which was a long time ago, but she is a woman now. She would be showing weakness as an artist and degrading herself by succumbing to people who have not moved on and also do not respect her for who she is now.

It's like a bunch of spoiled brats in here at a toy store, "I want this, I want that, I want I want I want...please please."

How about "what does Alizée want?"
Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
It's like a bunch of spoiled brats in here at a toy store, "I want this, I want that, I want I want I want...please please."

How about "what does Alizée want?"
Every person has desires.

Difference is that young ones have to rely on older ones to fulfill their desires.

Older ones know that they have to fulfill those desires on their own.

That's why young ones don't think about the fact whether those demands are appropriate or not. Older ones have better understanding of the situation, so they think about it.

So, don't get mad after seeing this so called toy store kinda situation here.

I agree with you that everyone should think what Alizée wants, but that shouldn't be stopping people from expressing what they want. After all those are the one who are blessed with her services.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:37 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I thought of something. There was a game developer I read about in GameInformer. He was asked whether he thought video games were art. He responded no. Art is something that is created from an artists' perspective. It is one way, and one way only. The artist creates what they feel, and paint, sculpt, record it how they feel. Pictures, paitings, tv, movies, books, and, most relevant to this site, music, are art. The observer looks at it from the perspective the artist intends; it is not interactive, so it appeals most to those who share similar perspectives to the artist. We are not meant to influence Alizée's art, as it IS art. But with video games, they are interactive, and are meant to be seen from the observer's perspective. I hope this analogy helps. If you truely appreciate Alizée's art, you will not mind having no direct interaction. Having her do it her way, and not trying to convince her to redo an old piece of art. I said earlier I would like to see electro-JEAM, I hope nobody took that wrong.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

OK PEOPLE!!! This thread was not created based on the JEAM dance or how bad some selfish people want to see her in that suit again!

This thread was created for people's opinion on if she would SING JEAM again...

So please don't go around saying how immature, selfish, and greedy people are.

I don't want another thread closed because of a fight.

Respect other people's posts and post your ideas...

Thanks
Old 04-27-2010, 11:37 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Well, whe you say will she JEAM again, you are usng JEAM as a verb. Here is JEAM's entry in my mind's dictionary: [JEAM: (v. Pro: jeme) 1. To perform the dance associated with the Alizée song titled J'en Ai Marre ! 2. To dance along with Alizée, while she is doing said dance.] Maybe you should have asked 'Will She SING JEAM Again?' I thought you meant the dance. But as I said, electro-JEAM=epic aweomeness!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Well, whe you say will she JEAM again, you are usng JEAM as a verb. Here is JEAM's entry in my mind's dictionary: [JEAM: (v. Pro: jeme) 1. To perform the dance associated with the Alizée song titled J'en Ai Marre ! 2. To dance along with Alizée, while she is doing said dance.] Maybe you should have asked 'Will She SING JEAM Again?' I thought you meant the dance. But as I said, electro-JEAM=epic aweomeness!
Once again pointing out the importance of Grammar. Nice

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
OK PEOPLE!!! This thread was not created based on the JEAM dance or how bad some selfish people want to see her in that suit again!

So please don't go around saying how immature, selfish, and greedy people are.

I don't want another thread closed because of a fight.

Respect other people's posts and post your ideas...

Thanks
That's how sometimes threads deviate from it's original sense.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 04-27-2010 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-28-2010, 12:41 AM

another_alizee_fan is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
The reason people don't want to let the old songs rest is because they were great songs. The kind of songs that you want to play over and over again. I still listen to them practically every day. When ever I go some where, I have a CD of hers in my truck and my car and that's all I listen to, along with some of her remixes.

There's only one song from Psych that falls into that category and that is Par les Paupieres. Fifty sixty and Lilly town aren't bad either but I don't have the urge to listen to them as often. Les Collines is a good song, but with it too, I only listen to it once in a while. I've only listened to the album 3 times now.

As far as her leaving the older songs out of any up coming concerts. I think it would be better for her to do that, than to sing these re-orchestrated versions.

I agree totally! I still listen to her first 2 CDs a lot, not so much to her new stuff. What can I say..Mylène & Laurent know their stuff and are among the best in the business. Lets face it, Alizée's new team isn't even in the same league as her old team. But she's doing what she wants to do and if that makes her happy and a good living then so be it.

Quote:
And as far as Mexico was concerned. They were expecting the beautiful young woman in the sailor suit to show up.
No doubt..she didn't give them what they wanted or expected so I'm sure (I know) that most of them were very disappointed. If you were expecting the Jewel of the Nile and received a common stone from the gravel pit instead, wouldn't you be disappointed? I hate to say it but that's how I feel. Sorry.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:24 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
I thought of something. There was a game developer I read about in GameInformer. He was asked whether he thought video games were art. He responded no. Art is something that is created from an artists' perspective. It is one way, and one way only. The artist creates what they feel, and paint, sculpt, record it how they feel. Pictures, paitings, tv, movies, books, and, most relevant to this site, music, are art. The observer looks at it from the perspective the artist intends; it is not interactive, so it appeals most to those who share similar perspectives to the artist. We are not meant to influence Alizée's art, as it IS art. But with video games, they are interactive, and are meant to be seen from the observer's perspective. I hope this analogy helps. If you truely appreciate Alizée's art, you will not mind having no direct interaction. Having her do it her way, and not trying to convince her to redo an old piece of art. I said earlier I would like to see electro-JEAM, I hope nobody took that wrong.
excellent points VVV. All Mf/LB music had a nuanced complexity that would be very difficult to recreate even with the musical instruments that were used in those early pieces. That cake was baked and can never be rebaked so to speak. With Alizee's complete change in musical style I have no desire to hear a new version of Jeam era or even Psych era remakes in the electro pop genre. So looking back will just turn you to salt. Put a fork in it. It is done. I love everything Alizee has done thus far and have no expectation that any two albums will be remotely the same. That is one of the many things I like about Alizee. She is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your going to get.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:51 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Well that's mostly what I am talking about. The songs themselves were created for the portrayal of a lolita and whether or not she puts on the tight clothes or dances the song still carries that meaning. She didn't create that identity in the first place, MF and LB did.

If they were normal songs not based on the young girl lolita connotation then she might be more open to performing them again. I don't think I'm wrong when I say she wants to be appreciated for what she is now rather than what she was then.

Tags
acoustic, alizee, jeam