Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-31-2021, 08:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post
Sorry, just want to add something.

I thought by that time her popularity was already waning. Her debut album and hits like Moi Lolita and L’Alizé were released in 2000. Mes courants électriques was released in 2003. Those were by far her most successful works and brought her almost instant global fame. YouTube was launched in 2005, around the time Alizée paused her career. Of course a new generation has discovered her in this and other ways but I somehow doubt that this matches what it was like in the early 2000s - she was a star of that time. Have I got this right?
Probably both, the old fans, found Alizée without youtube, of course [because there was no service yet at the time], but "all" new fans come mainly thanks to youtube.

I think YT made Alizée a global cult artist, which would hardly have been possible otherwise, because Alizée's original career "stopped" pretty quickly...

^Mexico, mentioned by Alizee-Nederland, is a good example.

Alizée 💜
Old 11-08-2021, 05:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Cool

I did a bit of research and was also looking for the first picture of the Alizée forum [AF] and it is already the beginning of 2003!

And by the way, it's a PHPBB forum!

Or, in fact, AF seems to have existed right from the beginning of 2001, but on a more rudimentary platform.

I also asked in a Finnish discussion how Finns remember Alizée's breakthrough, I got zero answers at least so far...

It seems that Alizée was not very well known in Finland before, it was maybe more Moi Lolita... song etc...

Alizée 💜