Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-22-2009, 05:17 AM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road
Default Does she owe her success in Mexico to Mylene?

I get the impression that the one song that really got mexicans crazy about her was JEAM. Sure, the mexican fans on this board also like her current stuff but I think her popularity over there mainly stems from that dance performance in the sailor suit. If that's true that probably doesn't bode well for her future since she won't return to that style. And one might say that she owes her success in Mexico to Mylene in large part. What do you think?

Old 04-22-2009, 06:36 AM

Alizee Mid-West is on a distinguished road

I would think Mylene's influence would have a shelf life of only a couple years. After that the internet pretty much took over. It was instrumental in my becoming a fan. JEAM was the first video I saw. Thanks to the internet, I fell in love with Alizee. I think if anything its the loyal fans in France and Europe that shared they videos online and posted MP3s on files sharing sites. Not to mention her extreme hotness.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:53 AM

bresil is on a distinguished road
Wink her talent

I dont agree! Mylene was very important to her as productor and commercial vision, she didnt creat "a fake Alizée". She only oppened the opportunity to Alizées express her talent, voice, charism and performance. Her success is due only her personality and style.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:10 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I get the impression that the one song that really got mexicans crazy about her was JEAM. Sure, the mexican fans on this board also like her current stuff but I think her popularity over there mainly stems from that dance performance in the sailor suit. If that's true that probably doesn't bode well for her future since she won't return to that style. And one might say that she owes her success in Mexico to Mylene in large part. What do you think?
You are right! The radio stations mostly plays her old stuff. I spoke with some of my male family who went to her concerts the first time Alizee was there and they were dissapointed because she did not wear her sailor suit. Some of them were surprised that she was older than they saw in her videos. They thought she was still 15 or 16. When I told them she is now married and has a daughter they were in shock. When I saw the videos of her last concert I was dissappointed and felt sad for her. I watched her sing while people were eating and drinking. Waiters with trays were walking around. I felt this was beneath what she deserved.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:52 AM

bresil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
You are right! The radio stations mostly plays her old stuff. I spoke with some of my male family who went to her concerts the first time Alizee was there and they were dissapointed because she did not wear her sailor suit. Some of them were surprised that she was older than they saw in her videos. They thought she was still 15 or 16. When I told them she is now married and has a daughter they were in shock. When I saw the videos of her last concert I was dissappointed and felt sad for her. I watched her sing while people were eating and drinking. Waiters with trays were walking around. I felt this was beneath what she deserved.
"Yes! it was beneath her expectations! I think now she deserves something like a more private and "cult" show - thinks like presentation in La Javanese". she cant play in events for dinner or rodeos at all! she needs an exclusive event to show her talent!"
Old 04-22-2009, 11:59 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresil View Post
"Yes! it was beneath her expectations! I think now she deserves something like a more private and "cult" show - thinks like presentation in La Javanese". she cant play in events for dinner or rodeos at all! she needs an exclusive event to show her talent!"
She knew and her management knew what the event in Mexico was all about.
It was not a concert for her. It was an awards ceremony with Alizee as a 'special guest'.
At the end of the day she had a glorious opportunity to play in front of 2500 adoring fans in Paris? And we all don't need reminding what happenened with that!!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:11 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
... I spoke with some of my male family who went to her concerts the first time Alizee was there and they were dissapointed because she did not wear her sailor suit. Some of them were surprised that she was older than they saw in her videos. They thought she was still 15 or 16. When I told them she is now married and has a daughter they were in shock ...
I can understand that. Most of mexican fan have discovered her in Youtube, when she had already quit Mylène. This misunderstanding can't be erase so easily... and she must understand it. She had to take into consideration this fact. I understand she don"t want to put her sailot suit anymore, but, she could wear something more... sexy than this black dress... .
Mylène's vision is missing, i say...

Last edited by Bigdan; 04-22-2009 at 12:50 PM..
Old 04-22-2009, 12:24 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
She knew and her management knew what the event in Mexico was all about.
It was not a concert for her. It was an awards ceremony with Alizee as a 'special guest'.
At the end of the day she had a glorious opportunity to play in front of 2500 adoring fans in Paris? And we all don't need reminding what happenened with that!!
we all make decisions in our life. and with each decision comes responsibility and consequences that we must bear.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:33 PM
M'alizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
do you see all mexican fans going out with jeam pictures and dress?. no, like you said, they also like her current stuff, is true, but most of them are not really fixed on jeam. and ofc without mylene she would be a normal woman maybe in Corsica or on everypart on the world.

Quote:
You are right! The radio stations mostly plays her old stuff.
true, most time they play, moi lolita or/and Jeam (few JPVA). but i am everytime happy when i hear one of them
Old 04-22-2009, 05:10 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresil View Post
I dont agree! Mylene was very important to her as productor and commercial vision, she didnt creat "a fake Alizée". She only oppened the opportunity to Alizées express her talent, voice, charism and performance. Her success is due only her personality and style.
Yeah, but her style is very different today compared to the JEAM-days. And the mexicans seem to have been hooked mainly by her past performances which they discovered only fairly recently on youtube. And I can relate: Although I really like her new music her new style leaves much to be desired. It wouldn't surprise me if Mexico quickly lost interest. Then what?