Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-22-2010, 12:26 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone notice how many in the closet

Alizée fans that are out there.

I find around one closet fan per week on my travels around the Internet.

I put an Avatar (Cover of the new CD) up on a board I'm on and it was maybe three or four days later when one of my fellow mods makes a comment on my new avatar.

I had started a video music thread and posted a few video's to get the ball rolling. One poster asked about these foreign bands I was posting and how do you know what they are singing about. BTW No Alizée up at this point.

So I found a MJ video that two of our members had over laid English subtitles. Well the cat was out of the bag at that point.

That is when the private messages started coming in from a few of the closet Alizée fans on the board.

I also lurk on a financial board and one poster that has a link to AF Gallery in their signature.

Yep guys put up anything on our girl on any board and the flood gates open up with guys who think they are the only one on the board that has a thing for Alizée.

Why would anyone be afraid or ashamed to say they are a fan of Alizée ?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

I think its just cuase she speaks another langauge in her songs. most of the people i know have tunnel vision and only listen to American songs while I love songs from other langauges. I love how the sounds that are unique to the language but i think most people are put off by her songs just because they cant understand them. I dont understand most of Her songs but i still love them. Plus shes french and most americans have a stereotype of all french as being snoby american haters.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 02-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I don't think they're hiding.. more like, not bothering to show it because they figure no one else knows about her maybe?

Because I'm pretty loud about being an Alizée fan, but so far, only two people have ever acknowledged that they even know about her.