Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

My best friend is actually playing in the world cup next year, last I talked to him he went pro and I asked him where my tickets were lol.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
My best friend is actually playing in the world cup next year, last I talked to him he went pro and I asked him where my tickets were lol.
holy crap! really?! that's awesome! what position does he play?

Old 06-29-2009, 05:46 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

With the confed cup behind us, its time to get back to club football. Check out my beloved Charleston Battery take on MLS's Chivas USA in the US Open Cup tomorrow night at 7:30 pm EST live on www.usllive.com

The US Open Cup is our FA cup, and is as old and has as much history as any cup competition in the US or the world. We made it to the final game last year, where we lost a controversial game 2-1 to DC United. We had a goal waved offside in the final minutes that was IMO a bad call.

Wednesday, the oldest and best rivalry in American soccer renews itself for the first time since Seattle moved to MLS, as the Seattle Sounders travel to Portland to face the Timbers. Portland has some of the best fans in America, even as a USL-1 side, and you can bet Seattle will be bringing some fans as well. Don't miss this one. It will also be free and live on usllive.com

It may not be le sexy football, but this tournament embodies American soccer. Its every bit as good as the FA cup, except you don't get the usual suspects every year in the semis and finals.

This is the round of 16, and you have 8 MLS, 5 USL-1, 2 USL-2, and even an amateur/semi-pro PDL team still in the cup. The round of 16 is ripe for upsets, and even more so this year with as many lower division sides as there are stlil in the tourney.

Last edited by Fish; 06-29-2009 at 05:49 PM..
Old 07-25-2009, 07:24 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Is anybody following the World Football Challenge?
Some pretty decent teams are playing the tournament, including my beloved Club América. We already won the games against Inter Milan and AC Milan. Chelsea is left, and it's gonna be a really tough game. To be honest none of the teams are at their best level, and they are missing several players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
Oh really? And where is your friend from? Japan, Australia, South Korea or Netherlands?
Old 07-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

No Im not following it but I will start now lol even though its littel bit late in the event but oh well. i follow the Gold Cup qualifiers to enter the World Cup in 2010. USA is doing preaty dam good in its Group ranking.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:04 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Been watching... some decent games. Gooch playing for Milan has been pretty cool.

Gold Cup final tomorrow... USA-Mex. Even with C teams this is a big deal.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Im a 100% Sone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Been watching... some decent games. Gooch playing for Milan has been pretty cool.

Gold Cup final tomorrow... USA-Mex. Even with C teams this is a big deal.
yeah it will be an interesting match.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:16 PM

citroen is on a distinguished road

i dont like soccer i like football steelers is my team
Old 07-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Lol thats cool, American Football, no ofence but that is like Isaid before a panzy sport lol. Look at rugby and then look at Football, preaty much/closely the same but in Rugby no pads no nothing.

take a look. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gz0_An6RH5k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gz0_An6RH5k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by Srbski-kralj; 07-28-2009 at 07:23 PM..
Old 07-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbski-kralj View Post
Lol thats cool, American Football, no ofence but that is like Isaid before a panzy sport lol. Look at rugby and then look at Football, preaty much/closely the same but in Rugby no pads no nothing.
Well, despite its reputation, American football in its pure form really isn't about the physicality of the game... its about mentality, strategy, and planning. In that respect I think it is by far the best American sport and among the best in the world. It's really a game played between offensive and defensive coordinators and coaches, where the players are more or less pawns responding to training... where of course physical ability is important. I'm not trying to say other sports don't have strategy, every one does; but it football it is much more central to the game. Rugby may be tougher (and is certainly one of the most entertaining sports to watch), but in the end it's more about the stronger and faster team that wins; where in football it more about proper decisions being made at the right time and the leadership of the people who have trained the players to execute a plan.

In the end, the two sports aren't really as comparable as most people think. It may be entirely true the rugby is a rougher sport, or the players tougher. But I think people that try to use that a legitimate criticism of American football have kinda missed the point.

Last edited by CFHollister; 07-28-2009 at 07:32 PM..