Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-06-2018, 08:01 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Bamagirl, your response is like a cup runneth over. So many good questions. I will try to get to it tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:13 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Thanks, Cowboy! I appreciate those encouraging words!

This conversation has started me thinking a lot about what it means to be an entertainer/celebrity. I never thought of it this way, but it really is a meandering, unpredictable, unclear and convoluted process! I think I always looked at it like you were either a successful singer/actor/performer or not...or at least that the measurement of your success was based on some kind of understandable scale. But when you think about it with regard to one person, Alizée, it becomes clear that it is not at all that simple. It's not a career that follows a predetermined or predictable path. It is not even a career that remains in one discipline--singing, acting, dancing are all very different, and I think the differences are greater than the differences found within most professions. So what does this mean for Alizée's professional future? I think she has to decide what, specifically, matters most to her—to define what it is that gives her life a sense of purpose and meaning. Is it fame--no matter in what entertainment form that is attained? Is it making a living from dancing? Is it performance for the performance's sake--in other words, is it the live audience experience that stimulates her and gives her a sense of personal and artistic satisfaction? Or, as you mention, is it possible she is going to choose to concentrate on raising a family at this point in her life?
There have been many performers and artists who have taken a break from the spotlight, and then successfully returned to it. Could Alizée be one of those people? I believe she does have that indefinable quality called "star power." Naturally, she needs to make wise business choices, but I can see her being fully capable of taking some time off and then returning to a successful public career.
As someone who enjoys Alizée's work, however, I selfishly would like to see her continue to produce it at least to some extent. I also think it would be helpful to her when she is ready for an eventual "comeback." Perhaps guest appearances on shows, as has been mentioned, and the occasional concert--even in smaller venues. Getting involved in charitable-type performances might be something she could consider too. Or an ongoing online presence, at the very least. And so we are back to what you originally said. She needs a good agent who can help her figure out not only what she wants, but how best to accomplish it.
Wow ! What a good comment !
Old 12-07-2018, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
So what does this mean for Alizée's professional future? I think she has to decide what, specifically, matters most to her—to define what it is that gives her life a sense of purpose and meaning. Is it fame--no matter in what entertainment form that is attained? Is it making a living from dancing? Is it performance for the performance's sake--in other words, is it the live audience experience that stimulates her and gives her a sense of personal and artistic satisfaction? Or, as you mention, is it possible she is going to choose to concentrate on raising a family at this point in her life?
These are great questions and your statement "define what it is that gives her life a sense of purpose and meaning" should be all that really matters. Moving back to Ajaccio made it evident that family is a top priority in her life, knowing full well that it might negatively affect her career. I have to respect that decision. Obviously, the quest for lots of money does not rule her life, and that is refreshing.

Based on the things Alizee has said, dancing is her first love. I don't know if you know the story on how Mylene discovered Alizee, but that day she was supposed to be in a dancing contest, and a friend made a mistake and entered her in the singing contest. Mylene was watching singing that day, and the rest is history. Talk about fate!

I recall Alizee saying once she wanted to have a dancing school. Now she has one. She is married to a professional dancer who obviously adores her, and she feels the same about him. She has a beautiful daughter who she is close to. She lives near her family. She has two great dogs She is in good health, looks great and is aging very gracefully. As long as they are able to pay the bills and live a comfortable life, one could argue that she has it all.

However, when she performed in Warsaw, when the crowd was chanting Alizee repeatedly and she was doing that little shake to the rhythm of it, I would bet that it was a real high for her. It must have felt really good for her to get out there and sing to an enthusiastic crowd again. I think it does give her a sense of personal and artistic satisfaction.

Alizee has the ability to do more than one thing well, and there is nothing wrong with earning an income from multiple sources. It's frugal to have more than one source of income.

But yet I wonder... Greg and Alizee talked about having children together. I wonder where that fits into the plan?
Old 12-07-2018, 04:10 PM

Thejudge94 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee's net worth

I found this looking around the internet, so who knows if it's correct or not. But if it is true than she could do or not do whatever she wants!

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...zee-net-worth/
Old 12-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejudge94 View Post
I found this looking around the internet, so who knows if it's correct or not. But if it is true than she could do or not do whatever she wants!

Hi Judge -

We had dissected that figure in another thread, actually pretty recently. I am including a link here to it. I think it is a good read.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8388

I think that figure is an estimate based on gross proceeds during the height of her career, the MCE period, but Mylene commanded the lion's share of it. Once she broke off with Mylene, album sales were pretty weak in comparison. As far as her net worth today, a member gave an educated estimate more in the 200K range. You can read more in that thread.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Di Meo View Post
Wow ! What a good comment !
Thank you, Edsel! :-)

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Bamagirl, your response is like a cup runneth over. So many good questions. I will try to get to it tomorrow.
Cowboy, :-)

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Hi Judge -

We had dissected that figure in another thread, actually pretty recently. I am including a link here to it. I think it is a good read.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8388

I think that figure is an estimate based on gross proceeds during the height of her career, the MCE period, but Mylene commanded the lion's share of it. Once she broke off with Mylene, album sales were pretty weak in comparison. As far as her net worth today, a member gave an educated estimate more in the 200K range. You can read more in that thread.
CC, I agree. I strongly doubt her net worth is anywhere close to what celebritynetworth.com is guessing it to be.

Last edited by Bamagirl; 12-07-2018 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Administrator

For those that haven't seen this phone video from Les Enfoires 2013, I believe it was taken by Jenny, a female fan from Germany that is a big Alizee fan and a member of this forum (she pops in from time to time).

It's a great short video, and it shows the obvious joy that Alizee gets from dancing, even when she is not in the direct spotlight. It is hard not to smile when watching her.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pn...1sFy584zA3Sq9M
Old 12-07-2018, 05:32 PM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, she looks like she's having a good time there.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:49 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejudge94 View Post

I don't believe it for a moment. I would be shocked if her net worth is over $1 million. As I said before, she is probably closer to $200K. I would say between $200-500K. She is getting some income now from product representations so this should help the income. Also, the school seems to be doing well.

The only way I see her as possibly being worth more is if her father did a great job of investing her money from her early days. Then $1 million could be possible.

Last edited by Rev; 12-08-2018 at 02:51 AM..
Old 12-08-2018, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
The only way I see her as possibly being worth more is if her father did a great job of investing her money from her early days. Then $1 million could be possible.
There was a very small window of opportunity in the investment world between the time she reached her height of fame and fortune (around 2003) and the coming world recession of 2008. Things crashed very quickly and fortunes were lost before many had a chance to react.