Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-01-2010, 09:23 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it is. Funny, Alizée has brought a new meaning to 4th of July.

Edit:

And I like the meeting in New York idea, but how would we bring it to her attention? Also, what would we actually do there? I doubt she would come, unless it were to do a show somewhere. We could have the show, then have the reception afterwards somewhere that we could all meet. If she could come and do an autograph signing for AAm active members only, that would be great! But we would have to get this to her attention, soon. Like, as ASAP as anything has ever been done! Really, even if she couldn't come, an Alizée America meet and greet would be superfun! Expensive for some, but. Am going to start savng money as soon as I get a job! I am only 18, so I would be no good for booking a hotel meeting room or whatever, but I will try to help how I can! I want to do everything possible! But keep submitting other ideas! There is a high probability lots of members couldn't make it to this.

Last edited by VVVACCPLPNLY; 04-01-2010 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

4th of July huh?

To me, 4th of July is and always will be the birthday of the best country in whole freaking world.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IhnUgAaea4M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IhnUgAaea4M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BUT! To bring it back to topic, I don't know about the letter idea.

I mean, we literally just sent her one, and sending another one too soon kind of takes the thunder away from the first one.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Yeah, it is. Funny, Alizée has brought a new meaning to 4th of July.

Edit:

And I like the meeting in New York idea, but how would we bring it to her attention? Also, what would we actually do there? I doubt she would come, unless it were to do a show somewhere. We could have the show, then have the reception afterwards somewhere that we could all meet. If she could come and do an autograph signing for AAm active members only, that would be great! But we would have to get this to her attention, soon. Like, as ASAP as anything has ever been done! Really, even if she couldn't come, an Alizée America meet and greet would be superfun! Expensive for some, but. Am going to start savng money as soon as I get a job! I am only 18, so I would be no good for booking a hotel meeting room or whatever, but I will try to help how I can! I want to do everything possible! But keep submitting other ideas! There is a high probability lots of members couldn't make it to this.
one way to entice her to come is if a lot of us pitch in to pay for her to fly over here. i know it would be expensive but it would help the fact of her gracing us with an appearance. i've seen pro players do this to teach clinics or talk at events. they like to do it if they don't have to shell out for it. i know this is a stretch but im just brain storming. any other imputs are welcome
Old 04-01-2010, 10:19 PM

Yes, wasabi, it is. And what better way to celebrate that birthday than by having her do a show for the fans in said country? And paintball, that wouldn't be a bad idea, but we are on a major time crunch. Unless we have a super rich person somewhere on here, this is possible but not probable. A two way ticket to JFK from France costs how much? Scruff, you work at an airport, got an idea? This would definitely have a better chance of having her come, though. But if this anniversary is special to her, would she want to spend it here? There is the possibility she would think a show is a great way to celebrate, but we can't be sure she would want to do it here.

Edit:

I have an idea for décor for a meeting room. We don't want her to think we are only celebrating Moi... Lolita. We want her to know we are celbrating everything, from Gourmandises to Mes Courants Éléctriques... to Psychédélices to Une Enfant du Siècle. So, we should divide the room/banquet hall into four areas, one for each disc. I have an image in my head, I will draw it up and take a picture and e-mail it to to someone, if they could then post it here that would be great. Anybody got an e-mail I can send it to?

Last edited by VVVACCPLPNLY; 04-01-2010 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Guys if she was to come over here it would be to do something worthwhile that Institubes would encourage(like a concert!). And don't send another letter to her, that would just show we are too demanding in a short period of time...she can't satisfy us fully.

Be thankful she did the Alizee says hello to AAm video already!haha
Old 04-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Guys if she was to come over here it would be to do something worthwhile that Institubes would encourage(like a concert!). And don't send another letter to her, that would just show we are too demanding in a short period of time...she can't satisfy us fully.

Be thankful she did the Alizee says hello to AAm video already!haha
Is this a sick joke?! That's blasphemy! She can't not satisfy us. A simple hello via video clip is driving us nuts over here!

Old 04-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
A simple hello via video clip is driving us nuts over here!
Me while seeing the Hello to AAm clip:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t4ky65H_riA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t4ky65H_riA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

yes, this is somewhat appropriate, but it is the only way I can truly show my reaction to her saying hello to AAm
Old 04-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I sounded like the "don't taze me bro" guy
Old 04-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Channeling Saul Alinsky's ghost?

I have precious few special connections, guys. But I hope I have a bit of brains and imagination.

The other day I read an <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/us/25mobs.html">article</a> in the NYT on "flash mobs," which writes:<blockquote><i>It started innocently enough seven years ago as an act of performance art where people linked through social-networking Web sites and text messaging suddenly gathered on the streets for impromptu pillow fights in New York, group disco routines in London, and even a huge snowball fight in Washington.</i></blockquote>And in creating the New-York-themed YouTube playlist for Ben's birthday the other week, I ran across a <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9dDFqn5rYI">video</a> about the revival of <i>42nd Street</i> on Broadway. Of particular interest was the street/subway demonstration during the second minute.

Your inquiry here got me thinking about something to gain the attention of the New York media for the purpose of leading them to Alizée. What if during US Independence Day in 2010, flash mobs of men with hillbilly beards and Afros, all dressed in identical <i>Moi... Lolita</i> costumes which showed off their hairy legs and knobby knees, did a performance of <i>ML</i> at a half-dozen conspicuous places in New York City, one after the other? (The <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2t6m8y0mao">limited terpsichorean demands</a> of <i>ML</i> would be within the reach of amateurs, whereas those of <i>JEAM</i> would not.) The street cast would wear drab hooded raincoats in approaching each target, which they would toss to waiting coat-takers when the signal was given to start the performance, e.g. when a pedestrian crossing light went green at a major square.

Of course, very few traffic lights stay lit for a four-minute run of <i>ML</i>, but, um, maybe people could be like, patient? Remember, it would be a holiday and the cops might think twice before clobbering non-violent performers with batons, especially if a non-participating party tactfully explained it would all be over in four minutes and "the assistant mayor had told my cousin it was okay." (Jalen adds: "Don't taze me bro!")

The holiday time-frame would also make it possible for vastly more people to take part in a celebration of this sort, even from some distance. A <i>ghetto blaster</i> or two could make a karaoke version of <i>ML</i> audible, and even the simplest hairdressing skills could bestow a pair of Alizée stringy-bangs abreast the foreheads of the very "lovely" performers.

If the stunt were credible in advance, perhaps a junior arts reporter might invest a day covering the event. If not, an organizer film crew could shoot video and source it to media outlets with a press release - or failing that, publish on YouTube. It might not prove as viral as the inverted monkey relieving himself into his own mouth, but it could still have some impact. (Admit it... you're looking now, right?)

Some might dream that the next day the front page headlines of <i>The New York Daily News</i> would scream:

<center><big><big>Trannies
Terrorize
Town!</big></big></center>

It would not be necessary to use REAL trannies of course, just guys willing to <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=153489&postcount=22">PLAY</a> trannies on TV. Do any New Yorkers reading this have any friends down on Christopher Street? The <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots">Stonewall Riots</a> are just a dim memory now. What about staging a Moi Lolita Dance Riot?

A lot of cynics say Alizée's American fans are largely a bunch of guys who aren't interested in much more than getting into Lolita's skirt. An event like this could prove they were right all along! (Note: The owners of <i>ML</i> would be foolish to press for a public performance license for a stunt which could ignite US sales.)

Ok, I'll take my meds and try to behave the rest of the day now.

<center><object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CdvITn5cAVc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CdvITn5cAVc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object></center>
Old 04-02-2010, 01:08 PM

Two problems with that idea, doc: 1- I want whatever event or whatever to represent ALL eras of Alizée! 2- I don't think she would find this very funny, she would probably think we are stupid and not find this very funny. And after we just convinced her that we are normal with the letter? No, thank you! But very creative!