Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-28-2013, 11:18 PM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Panther you nailed it what makes Alizée special. The cute girl grabs your attention but it takes a whole lot more than her looks to keep a fan interested.

Just look back over the last nine weeks and all of us can relate to Alizée and how she stepped up to the challenge and brought her A game to win the DALS 4. She had her ups and her downs and she never let a marginal performance or injury break her spirit. She just worked even harder so the next time she was ready to show the world she wasn't that 15-19 year old teenager the public remembered. On Saturday the audience rewarded her for her tenacity and the drive they saw out of her over the last nine weeks.
Congratulations ALS! Quite a feat. I had a post all written up for this- I was thinking the same thing- and I have no idea what I did with it- LOL! No loss, it was all pretty much a repetition of what has already been said by several on this post. For me, it will be 1 year in January, since I joined this forum, but I first saw a video of her in October of 2012, and lurked around until I joined.

If I can add anything with a slightly different perspective is that Alizée, has single-handedly re-kindled my love of the French language. I studied it in high school, and university- becoming fluent. Then I moved to Texas and it all went to hell in a hand basket! Since discovering her, and particularly with her appearance on DALS, she's been the "wind" that re-kindled the embers into a raging fire and not just in my interest in French, but also at a personal level (career-wise).

Her epic performances, working through pain, enduring and conquering her fears, her come-from-behind victory, her perseverance- all magical. I'm not a dancer, but as an amateur triathlete, I have an appreciation for the level of athleticism that dancing at that level of competition must take. She may be reserved and modest (and I like that) but she' also one tough and courageous woman. At such a young age- she inspires the hell out of me!

Last edited by Wizard; 11-28-2013 at 11:35 PM..
Old 11-28-2013, 11:29 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Espi, the gay guy is Pierre who happens to be an old friend she met when she was in dance school 20 years ago. He has been one of her best friends for many years.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Congrats ALS, it's been a while! Let's hope we're all still here in 9 years!
In January it will be 5 years since I discovered her. I'm not gonna start a list of all the things I love about her, but it's worth mentioning that I love when her personality is expressed through her beauty, in all those cute faces she makes
Old 01-02-2014, 10:40 AM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

Well, how about that! I just realized that it's been one year since joining this forum. I have not posted much, but do visit quite often. It's been an enjoyable ride, especially the recent two months (DALS), and those of you who have been here from the very beginning, all I can say is- wow- she has some incredible & faithful fans. Thanks for letting this Texan into the club!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:52 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Congratulations Wizard! Hopefully you will be around a while and more hopefully there will be a lot for you to be around for!