Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-05-2010, 02:23 AM

Hylas1896 is on a distinguished road
Default EVERYTHING changes...

I don't post much around here anymore, but I thought I'd say one thing: EVERYTHING changes. Alizée included. So, Umm, get used to it, already.

There is a lot of talk about what has been and why it was better, instead of what could be. Who knows, there is a potential for one new album every 2 to 3 years for the foreseeable future (which could be quite a few years)... this could cover quite a lot of fascinating musical landscape.

Anyways, one could argue the new album is more Alizée Alizée than the first 2 were. What I think a lot of us are craving is not Alizée but actually Alizee as filtered through MF and LB (I admit to this myself, a bit, myself).

Hylas1896
Old 03-05-2010, 03:27 AM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

well yea everyone loves puppet alizée that was run by MF and LB... i agree everything changes... i know i've changed as a fan over the last 6 years...

---------------------------------------------------

Old 03-05-2010, 06:25 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

While I love the commercial sounding Alizée from the first two CD's, I remain open to enjoy what Alizée does ongoing.

This is how we get to see what is really on her mind.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:05 AM
J'ai pas vingt ans

Jurre is on a distinguished road

I believe that, in general, change - or rather, evolution - is a good thing. I find this is also true for Alizée.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I absolutely love the MF-Lilly, but hey everything has to end, although her music and videos of that time are still here. But hey I see what your saying, we get the REAL Alizee now
Old 03-06-2010, 01:09 AM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

... well said
Old 03-06-2010, 06:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

I hate to see Laurent Boutanant bashed, or even MF for that matter. Maybe they used Alizée for their own selfish purposes. We don't know and never will. She could have easily turned them down. I have a feeling LB was dragged into this by MF, but who knows. All I know is I miss this guys music. I put this clip together of just the music that was played in between melodies so you can get a better idea of how good or bad the music by itself was. I loved his music and think it was a perfect fit for Alizee's voice. Those days are gone but great ones are still ahead, they just wont come as often without LB.

I think Alizée is extremely grateful for what those two did for her and I'm sure she would want to change very little in what went on during those early years. She has a beautiful family and a what looks to be a long promising career in an industry she loves to be in. What more could a person ask for?

I believe all these songs I included were composed by LB. I'm not sure about ACC. Tried to do some researching on the internet but didn't have much luck. Most of the posts I could find on LB were in French.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XtMkMw2Bp9k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XtMkMw2Bp9k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 03-06-2010, 11:42 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I hate to see Laurent Boutanant bashed, or even MF for that matter. Maybe they used Alizée for their own selfish purposes. We don't know and never will. She could have easily turned them down. I have a feeling LB was dragged into this by MF, but who knows...

...I think Alizée is extremely grateful for what those two did for her and I'm sure she would want to change very little in what went on during those early years. She has a beautiful family and a what looks to be a long promising career in an industry she loves to be in. What more could a person ask for?...
People often try to attribute one motive to a person. However, when it comes to most people, or especially geniuses (which I believe MF & LB to be), attributing one or even a couple of motives to them can be very limiting.

Let me tell a story:
An engineer spent months preparing engineering plans. These plans were reviewed by his boss and then their boss. Then they took them into the Division Director's office.
The DD had spent about 10 minutes paging through the plans when, on sheet 22, he stopped and said "what's going on here?" They all looked at the sheet and, after a minute or two, realized they had missed something significant. [true story]

The difference between genius and the typical person is the typical person goes from A to B to C to D, etc. whereas the genius jumps directly to R. They can't necessarily explain why, it's just a gift.

There was probably a bit of every possible motive you can think of when looking at why MF & LB chose Alizée. The bottom line is she would not be where she is today without them, and I have no doubt she realizes it.

Last edited by Rev; 03-08-2010 at 01:53 AM..
Old 03-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I doubt that Alizée has completely left Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutanant out of her career. I'm sure that her days under them as Lolita has at least some degree of influence to her music today.

Hell, who can go on without being influenced by their past?

Besides, I'm glad they stepped in and catalyzed her career, without them, there would've never been this precious nugget in French music!

Old 03-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

I agree everyone changes, and for me personally I love her new look, and her new music styles like from Psyc. and this new 2 songs over the older cd's. I like the older ones but the newer ones are the ones I always listen to.