Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

I think it puts celebrities in a bad position if they get asked. If they say no the press is all over them for being "anti military" which is about the worst kind of label you can have in this country along side baby murderer and a few others. They have to lie and say they are super busy with something already scheduled that night. And even then they get painted in a bad light.

Some soldiers are abusing their status and the incredible amount of respect they get by putting others in a touchy situation.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
I think it puts celebrities in a bad position if they get asked. If they say no the press is all over them for being "anti military" which is about the worst kind of label you can have in this country along side baby murderer and a few others. They have to lie and say they are super busy with something already scheduled that night. And even then they get painted in a bad light.

Some soldiers are abusing their status and the incredible amount of respect they get by putting others in a touchy situation.
Eh, well I don't know about painting them(the celebs) as anti-military, I mean, celebrities are still people so they have to right to deny anything they wish.

I also don't think soldiers are abusing their status. Soldier's are just ordinary people who in their own minds, don't really have any special status, so for I'm sure many of them are doing it just for the kicks. Sort of like how a while ago there was that Jessica Alba eye staring contest thingy on youtube and a bunch of people jumped onto that.

Either way, I think asking someone you don't even know to a military ball is a waste of time.