Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road
Default Was I right?

Can you guys tell me if I was right or wrong for doing the following.......
About an hour ago (11pm.eastern time) I saw something that was very out of place and suspicious, but before I tell you I want to hit you with a few facts first.
1. there has been reporting of crime around my campus this month and to be careful.
2. there has been about 5 rapes from September till now
Ok with those 2 facts in mind hear this......
I went downstairs to the computer lab in my dorms lobby to print out a paper. As I am going back to the elevator to go back to my room, this girl sprints as fast as she could into the elevator, frantically pressing the buttons to her floor and to close the elevator door. I was much closer to the elevator than her and she managed to beat me into it that's how fast she ran into it. So we are in the elevator and I notice first she has no coat (its 10 degrees outside) she is covered in snow (Its not snowing today) she has tons of snow on her hair, she is panting with her hands on her knees looks very upset, and finally the thing that alarmed me most (she was bare foot, no shoes or socks) her feet were lobster red from the cold. I asked her if she was ok no wait………….first I said no coat? ( as a sort rhetorical question) she did not respond. Then I asked her if she was ok and she said yea, but I sensed it was sort of an automatic response and not one thought out or anything. She seemed to be very distant towards me not wanting to talk or anything.
Anyways I called campus police and they are investigating this, was I right to call the police? I was kindve hesitant about doing so but my roommates said I should.
Would you have done the same thing?
<o>
</o>

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 02-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Absolutely.

I probably would have been a little more insistent in making sure the girl was OK while in the elevator with her, but I'm 33 and mainly past the point where I care about whether or not I look like an idiot to complete strangers. Your mileage may vary.

Look at this this way: if that had been your mom, or your sister, or a close female friend in that situation, wouldn't it make you feel better to know that somebody was looking out for them, even if they did have completely the wrong idea?

You're a good man, Charlie Brown. You done good.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Mr. Mike

Thanks man, yea I wanted to make sure shes ok but I was also was afraid I had the wrong idea and that if I meet her again shed want to kill me for having the police come to her (because she lives in my building, I probably will see her again)

Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Maybe she had to run somewhere for something real fast. Don't know why you would run back to your dorm if she was in danger especially waiting for the elevator, was she crying, did she look like she had been panicking?? Your a good citizen. Keep up the good work. Actually after rereading... Frantically and covered with snow she could have been assaulted I would have done the same thing. Was she pushing the buttons and looking at the door? Was she scared that you were also there?

All you need is 1 Truck.

Last edited by Youpidou1; 02-06-2009 at 01:02 AM..
Old 02-06-2009, 01:19 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Well, you never know what she was dealing with, Frah. I don't know how are the things in the states, but where I come from, not everyone does what you did in that situation , so you did right bud . But maybe she didn't want the police or anyone else to notice her...
Old 02-06-2009, 01:54 AM
2bz

Dark Engine is on a distinguished road

Well I'll tell you with what I know from a cop perspective. If she was indeed sexually assaulted but not admitting it, then she was probably in denial or in a state of shock. A lot of women don't like to report sexual assaults because the incident can be quite traumatic. There are several other reasons but it's not important to mention. Whenever a rape isn't immediately reported, the odds of catching and incriminating the perpetrator drastically diminish. The first things most victims do is take a shower or go to the bathroom. This can remove vital, time sensitive evidence that can be used to investigate and convict the offender. I'm even willing to bet that had you not done anything, she wouldn't have reported it. She would have had a chip on her should for the rest of her life. In reporting it, she will be able to get the counseling she needs and the perpetrator should be brought to justice. She may harbor some animosity towards you at first. She will be the main witness in the assault (if there was one) and being questioned will constantly remind her of it. But she should eventually learn to cope and thank you for it, but you will probably be long gone.

Statics show 1 in 4 women are sexually assaulted in their lives, I'd say you did the right thing; good job man.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Sure, 10 degrees, covered in snow, no shoes?

Freck yes...

Good job.

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 02-07-2009, 08:24 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

You did good.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:09 PM

Bud10 is on a distinguished road

Yes you were in the right. I most likely would of done the same thing in your situation.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Mr. Mike

Thanks guys, makes me feel good I did the right thing, I havent herd any news though on the situation nor seen the girl since (not sure if I could pick her out again, i forgot how she looks like) all I know is what floor she lives on