Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-23-2020, 02:35 AM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Thanks to Scruffydog777 for the video, RJ45 for the transcript and RedRafe for the translation.

I didn't hear the main question: "Are you going to record a new album?", so had to read between the lines. And the answer was no.

OK, it's somewhat frustrating but not a big surprise for me. She didn't show an interest in singing over the past year. As a consequence, none of worthy songwriters, producers etc. showed an interest in collaborating with her.

Nothing is gonna change over the next years, so I think at this point everyone on this forum should make some conclusion for himself. Is Alizée of historical interest for you or you still expect something more from her (except strollers and diapers, of course)?
Old 03-23-2020, 12:19 PM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

I made Subtitles.It was very challenging because conversation is very poorly heard,so timing of appearance subtitles is not the best.

Alizée - Interview Jaka To Melodia with English subtitles

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S4i...ew?usp=sharing
Old 03-23-2020, 05:52 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post
I made Subtitles.It was very challenging because conversation is very poorly heard,so timing of appearance subtitles is not the best.

You did a good job with it joebanana.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:23 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Hey Joebanana. Taking into account the "distraction" generated by the guy doing the "voiceover", this is an excellent result...

Respect, and, as always, thank you...

Egads, was that guy annoying...
Old 03-23-2020, 11:59 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Question:

The blonde lady is asking questions in English, and Alizee is answering in French. So was there an off-camera translator?

(And if there was a translator, then wouldn't if have been simpler for the blonde lady to just speak Polish? Why bother with English at all?)
Old 03-24-2020, 01:24 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Question:

The blonde lady is asking questions in English, and Alizee is answering in French. So was there an off-camera translator?

(And if there was a translator, then wouldn't if have been simpler for the blonde lady to just speak Polish? Why bother with English at all?)

You can hear her answer one question using English.
03:20 -"Yes,my life is perfect"

But like RedRafe says, that voice from the translator is so annoying.
Here's the answer to your question directly from blonde lady.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
kikolandzik:
-they ask her in english and alizee answered in french?

Kasia Camilleri:
-Indeed that's because she felt more comfortable speaking French but we both understood each other very well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 03-24-2020, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Here's the answer to your question directly from blonde lady.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
kikolandzik:
-they ask her in english and alizee answered in french?

Kasia Camilleri:
-Indeed that's because she felt more comfortable speaking French but we both understood each other very well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting... Alizee's English is better than I had assumed.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
Nothing is gonna change over the next years, so I think at this point everyone on this forum should make some conclusion for himself. Is Alizée of historical interest for you or you still expect something more from her (except strollers and diapers, of course)?
For me, historical interest. And I'd like to understand what makes her tick. But what I really wish is that she would star in a movie or TV series.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:09 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
Thanks to Scruffydog777 for the video, RJ45 for the transcript and RedRafe for the translation.

I didn't hear the main question: "Are you going to record a new album?", so had to read between the lines. And the answer was no.

OK, it's somewhat frustrating but not a big surprise for me. She didn't show an interest in singing over the past year. As a consequence, none of worthy songwriters, producers etc. showed an interest in collaborating with her.

Silencio, as always, these were very good, pertinent “observations”, and “points”, that you’ve made…

Thank you, as always, for that, and , “respect”…

I had to give this whole question, quite a bit of thought…

A couple of really good “Belgian beers” helped wonderfully, too…

“I didn't hear the main question: "Are you going to record a new album?", so had to read between the lines. And the answer was no.”

I came to this very same conclusion quite a while ago. The “little lady”, “has moved on”, her “focus” has moved almost entirely to the “world of dance”, and if you need “validation” of this, look at the “caliber” of her “dancing friends”, the people whom she associates with…

THIS IS TOP TIER TALENT, people, some of the “crème de la crème” in their “associated sphere”…

She has “moved on”…

Another “thought”, and I know some people are going to “vilify” me for this, to the point of “virtual crucifuction”, but, y’know me, I’m “Scottish”, “ex-military”, and, sometimes, “0 shits are given, if I think it’s something important”…

Any “new” album Alizée would release would almost automatically be “doomed to failure”, regardless of “technical excellence”, or “content”. Why? Because we automatically compare anything she releases against what I would term to be “Classic Alizée”, as in her first two albums…

She, “moved on”. The vast majority of her “fans”, and I use that term very “loosely”, didn’t…

They still wanted the “ fantasy Lolli” with the incredibly “wiggly bum”, but she had moved on, and was now a “ real woman”, with a daughter…

They didn’t want that, for it “invalidated” all of their… “fantasies”…

Anyhow, the “result”, well, you know what happened, it’s, “history”…

However, if you truly look at her “post Mylène” albums, “unbiasedly”, they are not at all “bad”, and are actually quite “listenable”…

But it was not the “image” and “content” that the “hoi polloi” wanted, so they were effectively “fuxed”. You know what I mean…

Myself, personally, I enjoy each and every album that she has ever released, for they are all “milestones” in her “evolution”, as an “artiste”, and a “person”…

Especially “5”, but that is probably in a kind of “Hannibal Lecter” type of fashion…

"The Lambs, Clarisse, tell me about the Lambs”…

I’m a “fellow sufferer”, and, if you don’t know what I mean, go listen to that album, and then you will "understand"…

Anyhow…

So, I have to say, that my interest is now “historical”, for there is no NEW Alizée content…

She has now almost totally, effectively, moved on into another “sphere of interest”, and that is “dancing” and nurturing “new dancers”, and if that is your thing, then, “watch her space”…

If, like me, this is of really no interest, then…

Oh well…

She is a very proud, “new mom”, and her life consists of that, and her “chosen field”…

So if you don’t like “dancing”, and “baby pics”…

You might just be S.O.L…

Personally, I’d follow this one anywhere…

And not just because, “dang, she’s "purty"”…

There is far, far more to Alizée, than that…

The only people who truly “know” her, are her “family”, and “very fortunate”, “handpicked”, “friends”…

Though, a couple of people in this very forum, may know…

You know who you are...

And I wish you nothing but " happiness"...

Last edited by RedRafe; 03-28-2020 at 10:42 AM..
Old 03-29-2020, 03:27 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post

Any “new” album Alizée would release would almost automatically be “doomed to failure”, regardless of “technical excellence”, or “content”. Why? Because we automatically compare anything she releases against what I would term to be “Classic Alizée”, as in her first two albums…

She, “moved on”. The vast majority of her “fans”, and I use that term very “loosely”, didn’t…

They still wanted the “ fantasy Lolli” with the incredibly “wiggly bum”, but she had moved on, and was now a “ real woman”, with a daughter…

They didn’t want that, for it “invalidated” all of their… “fantasies”…
This is sadly true. It's a good thing that apparently she won't work on a new album unless she strongly feels the need to do it. This kinda relieves me. She doesn't need another unnecessary failure.