Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Having seen RMJ argue this issue before (fairly convincingly), as soon as I saw it come up again, I was wondering when he'd bring the smackdown. I have to say it took a bit longer than I thought
Old 06-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Having seen RMJ argue this issue before (fairly convincingly), as soon as I saw it come up again, I was wondering when he'd bring the smackdown. I have to say it took a bit longer than I thought
Well . . . it wasn't quite a smackdown, because:

1) The clip from the TV performance looked to me like her lips were open, saying "r," and

2) As far as I've discovered there is no sexual connotation in common French usage around the word "bouge," although since sex involves movement you could certainly invent one; and

3) The color of the "poisson rouge" is important in completing the naughty symbolism. (Surely there's no need to spell that out? OK? OK.)

However, I will not respond to anything he says in response to the above, for reasons already stated. So if you want to regard that as a "smackdown," be my guest.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 06-19-2007, 05:10 PM
The UN-retired Lurker

SpeedShift is on a distinguished road

If you would like to continue this argument I would suggest you start a new thread for it, as nobody can tell if anybody is posting any pertinent information to the thread, or just continuing a pointless argument.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
However, I will not respond to anything he says in response to the above, for reasons already stated. So if you want to regard that as a "smackdown," be my guest.
Well, I was using "smackdown" to describe RMJ's, uh... "style" of argumentation (arrogant, uncompromising) as much as the strength of the argument itself. Sorry RMJ, but there are times you're pretty easy to predict. I think that all printed lyrics are "bouge" pretty much seals the deal; but, it's obvious the Mylène is intentionally using the "bouge"/"rouge" relationship to try to pretty much get away with saying both words at the same time. To me, both words pretty much coexist there so arguing over it doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:26 PM
you know it's true.....

alizeelewis is on a distinguished road

I don't want to start it all up again so i want no-one making any comments which could start an argument.

In the official video http://youtube.com/watch?v=b7LgR0m6uPI it is (to me) pretty clear she is saying rouge allthough i can see why RMJ and other people may think it's bouge since it's printed in the official lyrics.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well . . . it wasn't quite a smackdown, because:

1) The clip from the TV performance looked to me like her lips were open, saying "r," and
Watch again the performance. Or any perfomance.

Quote:
2) As far as I've discovered there is no sexual connotation in common French usage around the word "bouge," although since sex involves movement you could certainly invent one; and
Funny that native French doesn't disagree with it.

Quote:
3) The color of the "poisson rouge" is important in completing the naughty symbolism. (Surely there's no need to spell that out? OK? OK.)
Why it is ? Surely it relates in color but the fish is used to symbolize female genitalia even just for it's smell.

The color is only important for the visual image. But even without it it would do the thing.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I think that all printed lyrics are "bouge" pretty much seals the deal; but, it's obvious the Mylène is intentionally using the "bouge"/"rouge" relationship to try to pretty much get away with saying both words at the same time. To me, both words pretty much coexist there so arguing over it doesn't make much sense to me.
Yes, of course it's about both words. Like said, it is double meaning. It is a word play. Mylène knows what people hears when you put together words "poisson bouge". It almost forms common fish name in, "poisson rouge". It's undeniable fact that people does the connection between those in their mind very easily. Since it makes sense.

But what is clever in Mylène's mind is that she also can say the "poisson rouge" without actually saying it and it leaves her option to use another word in place of it. Giving the whole concept whole new aspect. It's matter of details. And use of them.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Banned

thats amazazazing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeelewis View Post
I don't want to start it all up again so i want no-one making any comments which could start an argument.

In the official video http://youtube.com/watch?v=b7LgR0m6uPI it is (to me) pretty clear she is saying rouge allthough i can see why RMJ and other people may think it's bouge since it's printed in the official lyrics.
if you can't tell she is saying bouge jump off a bridge. thanks.