Deus_Ex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead2gold View Post
I'm a closet Alizée lover
hehehe, me too!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:57 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

A few of my friends know. Some think that she's not bad, some don't. My dad likes her music, but as far as I know, he doesn't listen to her. I have a friend or two who like her style, but hate her because she's French :P, and one who would like her body but not her music, but hasn't heard/watched her yet, so I hesitate to show him a video of J'en ai marre.

To sum it up, my feelings are similar to Joeyhehe. I'd buy posters of her and have a picture of her as my wallpaper, but people would ask questions, and in my circle, it would just be weird to have such an obsession over her. So I listen to her with speakers, but hide my love with hesitation.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

People around me have no choice but to know I listen to Alizée, I very rarely go an hour without referencing her in some way. If you visit my apartment, you'll likely notice she has more space dedicated to her than anything else has (about half my bedroom, and it's about to expand!), and my license plates are ALIZEE1, with "Have a Youpidou Day!" plate frames. At work, I talk French at people, stick her picture on my computer's desktop, and occasionally even get away with playing her music by plugging my iPod in to my computer's speakers (we don't have music at work, generally).

So... yeah. People know, and I'm proud of it :-)
Old 06-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

electronic high 5 to u
Old 06-14-2007, 12:14 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I never got the listening to her because she's hot thing. My mother suggested that and I found it terribly offensive. I was more offended by that remark than when she refers to heavy metal music as "gangster shoot-up-the-school" music.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:16 AM
alizee >>> crack

Deus_Ex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
I never got the listening to her because she's hot thing. My mother suggested that and I found it terribly offensive. I was more offended by that remark than when she refers to heavy metal music as "gangster shoot-up-the-school" music.
i'm not sure i understand you.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:18 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Still, it's been known to happen.

On a side note, I remembered some comedian analyzing David Lee Roth's videos, e.g., "California Girls", on MTV in the 80's (tongue in cheek of course) and saying "see, he's got it figured out....first, he shows the girls in bikinis, and and I'm hot for them, and then it suddenly cuts to Dave, and, now, I'm hot for Dave!"
Old 06-14-2007, 12:21 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

My mother, when I got some stuff in the mail, suggested that I got the stuff because she's hot. I found the remark to be offensive, especially since she hates he heavy metal that I listen to. I had been hopeful because when I got the CDs she asked to hear them, but apparently she disapproves of everything I love.

The other thing I hate is that, as you're all familiar with, people ask if I can even understand her. Nobody questions whether I can understand Tom Araya when I watch my Slayer DVD (I don't).
Old 06-14-2007, 12:28 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Sure, it's kind of a mean thing to say, and usually provokes at least some feelings of embarrassment.

And there's nothing weird about being a fan of music you can't understand. A lot of people are fans of Arash without understanding Farsi, or Le Mystere de Voix Bulgares without understanding Bulgarian, or etc. European pop charts reflect that all the time.