Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 08:00 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Well that's a stupid idea because Mylène is omnipotent. She doesn't need any poxy robots, she can dominate the world through sheer will.
Sure, just keep living in denial. Here is Mylène with "Alizée" just before the latter decided she had enough of the crazy stuff. "Alizée" does look kind of weird with red hair.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-14-2011 at 01:56 PM..
Old 01-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
I find it funny that people moan and whine about not getting enough updates or fan interaction from Alizee, when her main tutor, Mylene, gives absolutely nothing of herself except what you see in her performances.
That's a lesson Alizée needed NOT to take away from her mentor. Alizée is not Mylène. Part of Mylène's success is her mystery and mystique. She can get away with that sort of thing. Alizée, whose success comes in large part from being more accessible, more herself, more the kind of person one can like and love, cannot.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Sure, there was a portion of her audience that was like that, but for the most part her fans were into the whole package.
How true! It's everything about her that has captured our hearts..

I've always been a sucker for Alizée's cuteness along with her sweetness, sexiness and charm. Well it was definitely that along with her elegance and exuberance on stage and whole demeanour in general that made her so captivating and irresistible to me and many others I believe. She's a very likable person but the first thing that hits you is how beautiful and petite she is. She has the most beautiful eyes and smile that I've ever seen and apart from her physical aspects there's also something very special and very beautiful within her.. she shines and it's a wonderful part of her charm for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Honestly, I think "panties" is being a little unfair to the French public and Alizée's old fans. It implies that there was nothing to her success beyond sex appeal. I think that's absurd.
Yeah I can't say I like their stupid remarks about wanting to see Alizée's "panties" at all! Damn.. they have no idea what they're talking about! We didn't wanna see her "panties" we wanted to eat them!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 PM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Speaking of Mylène, this is to be released in Feb in the States.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VKtL6ATnXh0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VKtL6ATnXh0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

‘‘Ben Harper was awesome. He and Mylene Farmer produced a killerversion of Never Tear Us Apart."

‘‘Mylene has a reputation for baring all so, yeah, we were keen to work with her. "

Old 01-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

February? I'm pretty sure Original Sin was already released. You can get it online anyway.

BTW, Loane is also featured on that album singing Mysify. I love it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSc0Sj0x5qQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&color1=0xc c2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSc0Sj0x5qQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&color1=0xc c2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 01-14-2011, 08:23 PM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

True if you want to pay import prices. For those who do not, it will be released Feb. 22, "in the States".

Old 01-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

I assumed it was already available "in the States", but you were right. Never mind me.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I think if the sexuality had escalated as a result of further collaberation with MF/LB interest in Alizée would have died, especially if she became a "clone" of Mylene Farmer. For one thing, I think Mylene has dominated that image and that we don't need another one. I also think part of Alizée's appeal was that she was so squeaky-clean yet so "sexy", it was a very charming blend of traits. To take it to another, more explicit level would have killed her uniqueness.

Mylene may or may not have realized this.

I still think it would be interesting to see if Alizée could reach a compromise with the two and come out with another pop album, but she'd have full creative control and they'd just be there to make it happen. We'd have the magical sound of Laurent's music (I always thought he was the most fantastic composer), Mylene's songwriting skills, and Alizée's personality in one album - irrésistible!

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 01-14-2011 at 09:47 PM..
Old 01-16-2011, 01:41 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I think if the sexuality had escalated as a result of further collaberation with MF/LB interest in Alizée would have died, especially if she became a "clone" of Mylene Farmer. For one thing, I think Mylene has dominated that image and that we don't need another one. I also think part of Alizée's appeal was that she was so squeaky-clean yet so "sexy", it was a very charming blend of traits. To take it to another, more explicit level would have killed her uniqueness.
I do agree that some of Alizée’s appeal did rely on the fact that she was both “sexy” and “squeaky-clean”, but this was the young Alizée. Myself, I am not convinced that infusing more graphic sex and more MF/LB libertine imagery in Alizée’s act would have hurt her popularity. She would have lost lots of old fans, but she would certainly have gained lots of new fans as well.

In pop music, the singer that is introduced as “clean” and then turns into a “sexier”, “dirtier” or “darker” singer is really quite common. Some singers have managed this transformation pretty well and I don’t see why it would have been impossible for Alizée to successfully transform that way.

Maybe it is difficult to believe that a sexier more libertine Alizée would have worked because most people who still like her today are obviously not after that kind of image, but I am really convinced that she would be selling millions of records today if she did become the new MF, and again, not so much in looks, but in the fundamental nature of the act. Also, I do not think the MF niche was or is saturated.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:51 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
MF was trying to raise an army of giant robot lobsters, that would aid her in total world domination. Now, these robolobsters were powered by Lili's sexiness. Lili found out about this evil plot, so she had to leave the partnership, in order to SAVE THE WORLD!

Hey...just another idea...
Sounds fairly sound!!!!!! Those Lillylobsters would have not stopped until they achieved total world domination and then we would all be forced to speak LillyFu!!!!!!

Last edited by RobandSandy; 01-16-2011 at 01:56 AM..
Closed Thread