Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 06-22-2008, 04:11 PM

alizee lover is on a distinguished road

I think we all miss those moments but o well and i think that reason why she isnt as energetic minght it be jeremy who forbids her to dance how she use to
Old 06-22-2008, 04:12 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I know I'm gonna get rapped in the mouth for this but...she got fat. Maybe she's pregnant again.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:22 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I know I'm gonna get rapped in the mouth for this but...she got fat. Maybe she's pregnant again.
hence the "pregnancy" dresses?
Old 06-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Ah, but now theres just more of her to love...
Old 06-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Ah, but now theres just more of her to love...
More cushion for the pushin'?

That's right, I went there.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:45 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Lol, you went to Jack Black, now that's classic.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

I do miss the 2000-2004 era of Alizee, but I don't dwell on it cause it's over, she's a different performer now. But sometimes I think, the JEAM performance in the stockings is what captured my attention, had I stumbled upon, say, an MJ performance first, I may not be a fan. What captivated me back then seems to be almost gone now. However, that dosen't mean I like listening to her music or watching recent performances any less. She just changed and I accept that.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I accept her change as well, but there was a certain aura about 2003 Alizée, I do not know what it is, personally there is to be no real difference, it is the same person, but I guess it was the fact that her image was to be more of a mature type, but still not a grown up, and this year(2003) just drove me insane in the membrane.

It could've been the whole naturality of things, the casuality of her dress, I mean the JEAM/JPVA/ACC styles weren't that fancy at all. It could've been that smile and sparkle when singing ACC, or the adorable little vocal hiccup on JEAM, or the melodic "nananas" on JPVA, or perhaps the ever-so natural reactions that really highlighted herself in such interviews like Fun TV and others. Sure, the old Alizée would be missed, but i'm happy I discovered her when I did (2000), and stuck along her for the ride, through everything, and I guess it's sort of a parental feeling (creepy as it is me being 5 years younger than her), I wouldn't trade it for the world.

She's growing up, I guess this is what my parents must've felt like when I changed from their happy and jolly little boy to an intrusive prog-metalhead who'd trade dinner for an extra hour of guitar playing.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:25 AM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Yes, I miss it immensely. But I have come to terms with the fact she has changed. Like others have said there was something very captivating with her early years and performances. The voice was very soothing, and I know this is gonna sound stupid but for me her voice was the first real exposure I had with the French language. It was her that got me interested in the language and it was the early vocals and songs that did this. So for me its even harder, and makes me miss those old days even more, because they shaped my interests in a language and to an extent that shaped my life.

No matter how hard I try I just don't like the new stuff as much as the old stuff. The only two new songs I do like are Fifty-Sixty and Mlle. Julliette and that's because when I listen to them I feel that same magic I used to and still feel when I watch her old performances. I just wish that I would have gotten to experience the old days first hand rather than experiencing them only a year before her new stuff. I kinda feel cheated in a way cause I didn't have a lot of time to enjoy the old stuff before the new image and style was upon me.

It has been a while since I listened to the new stuff so 'm gonna go back and listen to it. Maybe I will like it more this time.

Last edited by Tye; 06-30-2008 at 03:32 AM..
Old 07-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Even though she's changed, she is still my heroine. She was what I needed her to be at a very dark time in my life, and for that I thank her. At this point, as long as she is happy with the direction she's taking, I'm happy with it. And while her style has changed, her quality hasn't diminished in the slightest.