Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: What style should Lilly's next album be?
UEDS (Electro, French underground, etc.) 3 5.56%
Psych style (A mix of styles) 9 16.67%
Mylene & Laurent style (first two albums) 9 16.67%
Dance-Pop (dance music... and Alizee dancing!) 17 31.48%
Acoustic, softer (think the Guitar La Javaniese) 4 7.41%
Something else... (list it) 12 22.22%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I agree, Corsaire. I want to see HAPPY LILI not "bangs on face heavy makeup trippy music video" Lili.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-20-2011, 12:34 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
...But if I had to select a style, I would say a rock album would suit her better. Not too dark or heavy. Something light and fun with more dancing. Nothing fancy, just seeing her having fun on stage. And maybe a more colourful and happy look without the straight bangs sitting over her eyebrows, which never really worked with me.

She likes rock, but I'm not so sure pure rock would like her.

It wouldn't hurt to have a couple of rocking numbers on an album, but I just can't picture this type of music being a good fit for her voice.

To go to an extreme, can you picture Janis Joplin-zée.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:22 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
She likes rock, but I'm not so sure pure rock would like her.

It wouldn't hurt to have a couple of rocking numbers on an album, but I just can't picture this type of music being a good fit for her voice.
I agree about "pure" rock, but I meant "light" in the sense of soft-rock. I think that could work for her. A few tracks that move for her dancing, a few ballads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
To go to an extreme, can you picture Janis Joplin-zée.
... or Janizée Jacoplin.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I agree, Corsaire. I want to see HAPPY LILI not "bangs on face heavy makeup trippy music video" Lili.

But even if it did not come with my favourite Alizée style and attitude, I still do like the music of UEDS very much. Can’t have everything... Or maybe the next album and next Alizée will be everything to me! But that would mean not getting rid of my obsession too soon...

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-20-2011 at 01:26 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-20-2011, 01:27 AM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Joyeux anniversaire!

Old 01-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Dance music? Really guys? I thought we got over that
As I've said all along, I'd personally prefer the La Javanise, acoustic album. But let's face the facts: If she wants to quickly get back in the good graces of French fans, she's going to have to give them what they want. And what they want is the smoking hot beauty with the sexy dancing who managed to be wholesome at the same time. Anything else is going to be a long, winding road.... which I would love... but it probably wouldn't lead to concerts anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
an experienced producer who knows what he / she is doing is a MUST.
Easier said than done, right? Obviously correct, though. On the other hand, I thought Psych and UEDS were very well done. I just think it's going to take a long time to be accepted (if ever) for a new style(s) in France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Why did you edit and changed to that GIF instead of the first one? I don't see her face anymore.
The original .gif was huge. I was trying to kind to bandwidth-limited members. I did like it more, with the hand movements and face. A link: http://208.116.9.205/10/content/9147/1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
I too would love to see a more rock-pop type of sound. I really like MJ for that reason.
If she did a Pop-rock album, with a handful of softer songs, I think that would be awesome. SO I guess I am sticking with Psych style??
I think it sounds more like MCE. I mean "rock" is pushing it for MCE, but even more so for Psych, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_adore_Jung View Post
I vote for metal just straight up metal, that would be a dream come true
You are biased, because you have dastardly plans of being in her band... which would be awesome.... You could teach Lilly power chords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
I'm sorry about the bad wording, of course she still has and would have an enormous sex-appeal as a 26 year old woman, but... I just don't know why, but I don't think she can pull it off in anyway.
Understood. We will just have to agree to disagree. I don't think physically she's changed that much, and it woudn't take long for her to get back into dancing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Something light and fun with more dancing. Nothing fancy, just seeing her having fun on stage. And maybe a more colourful and happy look without the straight bangs sitting over her eyebrows, which never really worked with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
A 3rd on not feeling the whole bangs thing. The interesting thing is... you folks are describing her early Psych promotions. She looked good in the interviews and pictures. She wore cute clothes and I liked her haircut. I mean, just check out the cover of the album. A cute, playful image on the front, and a quite sexy image on the back of her wearing nothing but suspenders.
An then going back through the early interviews..dressed sexy but cute, as only Lilly can. I remember seeing the Madmoizelle interview http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=79 and thinking... "she had a kid?!? She looks great!"
Then, suddenly, she switched to that curly hairstyle, which I didn't like. And suddenly started dressing in shapeless dresses (Mu-Mus?) for her concerts. And the dancing... vanished. It was all so dissapointing, even though I loved the music.... even more so because the "Early-Psych era" Alizee gave me high hopes. And was the Alizée I feel Corsaire and Azhiri are describing.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)

Last edited by severianb; 01-20-2011 at 01:33 AM..
Old 01-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Understood. We will just have to agree to disagree. I don't think physically she's changed that much, and it woudn't take long for her to get back into dancing....
Sounds good, however I need to make something clear.

I still think she can dance and do it beautifully, she still has the talent to and the body to support it. I'm just saying that she's outgrown the JPVA/JEAM style and it wouldn't be fitting to do it with her current style and image.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:50 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
I haven't, but from what I've heard her when she found out the harsh truth that she was too old for some of her songs and dances at around her 30th birthday she found the young promising Lili that we know of.
Mylène's currently 49 years old and still quite the sex symbol in France... and still knows how to pull a few moves on a dance-floor
Old 01-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mylène's currently 49 years old and still quite the sex symbol in France... and still knows how to pull a few moves on a dance-floor
I'll just shut up from now on before I hit rock-bottom...
Old 01-20-2011, 06:49 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Mylène was too old to be a lolita, not too old for her own material. The image she crafted for Alizée was nothing like her own. And if you call Mylène too old again I'll merk ya.
me too !

Edit:

Quote:

Last edited by Bigdan; 01-20-2011 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Ewww....49 year olds!!!