Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-31-2013, 04:00 PM

Luc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It looks like this is an area with several museums.
That's correct, the performance was at the Museum Square. This square is often the centre of a celebration or party, for example Queen's Day like in this case, New Year's Eve, honoring of the Ajax Amsterdam or Dutch national soccer team etc.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:09 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Interesting, this has turned a really interesting thread. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:05 PM

Fralizee is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee in Amsterdam

Quote:
Marlborough, Mass!!!!!!!!!!!!.....Just a hop, skip and a jump away from me. Now that the name of the location has been revealed, here is a picture from Google Earth.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The occasion was Queen's day, but I guess it has since been changed to King's day.

"King's Day (previously known as Queen's Day, prior to the inauguration of King Willem-Alexander) is renowned for being one of the biggest and most colourful festivities in the Netherlands, and especially so in Amsterdam."

and I guess orange is the color of choice for this day.

Alizee had no idea what the big deal was that day and that it was Queens day, but the crowd was in a party mood, since everything is allowed that day including public drinking.
The reason for all the orange colors is that the Royal family's ancesters were originally from the House of Orange , their family name was actually "Van Oranje-Nassau"
Old 08-02-2013, 12:39 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

No wonder even Alizee was wearing "orange."
Old 08-02-2013, 10:39 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It's amazing that she had such poise in what to that point had to be by far the largest audience she had performed for and a foreign audience at that. I wonder how many people were there? Maybe Luc would know.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:01 PM

Luc is on a distinguished road

I don't know about that particular day in 2001, but for example on Queen's Day in 2011 there were up to 150,000 people on Museum Square. DJ Armin van Buuren performed there that year.
In 2001 there were probably at least as many people present, maybe even more.

Normally on Queen's Day the Royal Family would visit one of the provinces and for 2001 a visit was planned to Drenthe, the least densely populated province of The Netherlands, with a lot of farming and cattle breeding.
In February 2001 there was a breakout of the foot-and-mouth disease in the UK and in March it also hit The Netherlands. For that reason the visit of the Royal Family to Drenthe was abandoned and the celebration of Queen's Day completely concentrated in Amsterdam.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:20 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Actually, by looking at that google map, her concert was only 1/2 mile away from the Anne Frank House, along the "twin canal" just to the north....
Old 08-03-2013, 07:21 AM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
La Isla Bonita was the video that I discovered her with, but this is the video where my jaw hit the floor. I don't know how many times I watched this video that night or in the nights to follow. I couldn't believe it when I found out how young she was. She danced with such poise, such confidence in front of such a large crowd. I still shake my head in disbelief when I watch it.
Second this. Love the suite she is wearing also.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
I don't know about that particular day in 2001, but for example on Queen's Day in 2011 there were up to 150,000 people on Museum Square. DJ Armin van Buuren performed there that year.
In 2001 there were probably at least as many people present, maybe even more.
Whoa!! That's a lot of people!! Is suppose it makes her great confidence during that performance all the more amazing Oh man, I would love to go back in time and watch from the front row
Old 10-09-2013, 02:39 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

2001 there were only around 65,000 but that is in an all day event...
At most i'd say there were 10-15,000 watching her perform,perhaps up to 20K
which as i've said before is probably her largest audience to view a live performance in person.Consider the facts that again an all day event where many participants were off in the markets and not on the lawn.Without being in a stadium designed to hold 100,000 viewers once you go beyond so many rows on basically a flat lawn she would be a lil speck out of sight and hearing range that is without video monitors and extra sound equipment out on the lawns.Now before someone wants to argue woodstock with a million people...Again i'll point out once you get so far back which is only a couple - few hundred rows without binoculars you ain't seeing jack.
Also most importantly you can see the crowd in quite a few shots and that isn't even close to near - 50K..
My guesstimation is approx 10-15K .

Now as for higher quality i don't know why everyone on youtube uploads the low quality versions of that particular performance as there is much higher than most you'll find there or elsewhere on the viewing sites.Even most labeled as hq are some re-edit where they chop off the top and bottom...Guessing from the chatter above on that subject you mean really high quality as in HD.While that will probably never be seen it sure would be nice to see all the cutting room floor footage.Even a new version released in higher quality than exists online today.

It gets me every time i watch in the part where she comes doing her skipping across the stage and you see that one camera man RUN out for a behind shot that we will never see what he captured.. 2:46ish mark . . Now the funny thing about that is some fancy editing we see some of it before it's even supposed to be seen but i'm sure the zoom was cut out..

Last edited by alizeefan; 10-09-2013 at 02:47 AM..