Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-29-2013, 09:03 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road
Default Amsterdam Concert 2004-05

Where was this concert located in Amsterdamn? was it across from the Anne Frank House?
MZ
Old 07-30-2013, 12:16 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I hope I'm not wrong, but I assume you are talking about her Moi Lolita performance on 4/30/2001.

Well after some looking I found out where, but I'm not going to post it at this point, for one reason. This is exactly the type of challenge several of us in here like. It's a puzzle. Often when a picture is posted of someplace where Alizée has been recently, especially when it's new, we like the challenge of figuring out where it was taken. The same is true of old pictures and I wont reveal it so someone else who might like the challenge can figure it out.

All I'm going to say at this point is I took all my clues from the video and it's not across the street from Anne Frank's house. The main thing that helped me out too is I took into consideration what the event was for and where I thought that type of event would likely take place, then all I used was Google Earth to find it.

EDIT: The title to this song in videos posted years ago, used to provide an important clue, but after checking videos out there on Youtube, it looks like that clue is gone so I'll just add it has to do with the location and the date and that was the major tip off as to where I should start my search.

If you want the answer, e-mail me at dh777@comcast.net
I've already uploaded a map to imageshack.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-30-2013 at 12:35 AM..
Old 07-30-2013, 06:33 AM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

One of favourite mine performances. Shame does not exist a better quality video around. She was too early for the HD age..
Old 07-30-2013, 07:27 AM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Yes this concert, thankyou.

HD Quality, lol - those born after 1995 don't know know how easy they have it, those of us born before 1980 didn't have all these fancy gadgets and technology[s of today. I miss the old days of simplier life, when we actually played outside instead of inside. Yeap, Alizee is lucky, she was born during my time - the pre internet days.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:49 PM

I agree with what you're saying about the pre-internet days. Things are so much different now, but one thing I do appreciate the internet days for is we probably would never have found out about Alizée if it wasn't for them
Old 07-30-2013, 05:08 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I agree with what you're saying about the pre-internet days. Things are so much different now, but one thing I do appreciate the internet days for is we probably would never have found out about Alizée if it wasn't for them
That's probably the ONLY thing that makes me grateful for the internet. I'm too old fashioned for my generation. I just feel like a lot of the things made in the old days were of higher quality than they are now. And although we all have access to all this information, sometimes it just feels like data overload.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 07-30-2013, 08:31 PM

Fralizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
Where was this concert located in Amsterdamn? was it across from the Anne Frank House?
MZ
She is at the Museum Square across from the Amsterdam Concert Building
Old 07-30-2013, 09:06 PM

Marlborough, Mass!!!!!!!!!!!!.....Just a hop, skip and a jump away from me. Now that the name of the location has been revealed, here is a picture from Google Earth.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The occasion was Queen's day, but I guess it has since been changed to King's day.

"King's Day (previously known as Queen's Day, prior to the inauguration of King Willem-Alexander) is renowned for being one of the biggest and most colourful festivities in the Netherlands, and especially so in Amsterdam."

and I guess orange is the color of choice for this day.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm really grateful for the internet. I require a lot of data to answer questions and to learn new things and it's made it much easier to get. In the old days I had to spend a lot time at the library. Now I can find it all out so much quicker. It's also made it simpler at work. We used to have racks of catalogs and shelves of manuals and now we can access it all from a PC and it's always up-to-date.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:44 PM

It looks like with my first picture, I messed up the north south orientation. It's actually about 1 mile southwest of city hall. It looks like this is an area with several museums. I originally thought that big structure off to the right of the stage was a water tower or something. Turns out it's the Van Gogh museum.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

La Isla Bonita was the video that I discovered her with, but this is the video where my jaw hit the floor. I don't know how many times I watched this video that night or in the nights to follow. I couldn't believe it when I found out how young she was. She danced with such poise, such confidence in front of such a large crowd. I still shake my head in disbelief when I watch it.