Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 08-01-2006, 09:37 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie
Note: according to my dictionnary "offensive" can be a noun. That's why I suggested "mild". Could have been "mild offence" as well...
well .. since you are learning english, i will go ahead and confuse the hell out of you .. lol

mild is an adjective, but 'mildly' is actually an adverb (Adverbs can tell you where, when, how, why and to what extent something happens)

and you are correct that 'offense' is a noun, but 'offensive' is also an adjective.

a literal translation here would work 'docile offense' people would understand that .. but it just isnt used in everyday language and sounds awkward.

all of this over 2 words .. lmao ... this is great though, i have thought about this stuff for a year. im sure i will be bugging you over other things in the future.

Last edited by brad; 08-01-2006 at 09:40 PM..
Old 08-01-2006, 09:49 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad
mild is an adjective, but 'mildly' is actually an adverb (Adverbs can tell you where, when, how, why and to what extent something happens)
That's what I thought as well. Hence my suggestion. In "Mildly offensive", offensive was clearly put as an adjective? Couldn't fit the original... Tell me if I'm wrong...

Quote:
all of this over 2 words .. lmao ...

Mylène probably spent only 2 seconds: "I want an opposite with Délit... well well... Docile! not bad!
Fans will try to figure it out if they want. Next..."
Old 08-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
a lot of people think she is talking about 'Male Extremists' here (if you can see the obvious connection). I always knew there had to be something more to that .. just didnt seem right, lol.
Given the reference to seeing things in black and white in the next line, some people think this may also be a reference to Corsican nationalists (who dress all in black).
Old 08-01-2006, 10:28 PM
alizée ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42
Given the reference to seeing things in black and white in the next line, some people think this may also be a reference to Corsican nationalists (who dress all in black).
yep ... thats why i kinda just passed it over, and said 'single minded extremists' .. cover all the bases .. lol
Old 08-02-2006, 07:31 AM

There's no way Alizée is referencing Corsican's tension in a song. You have to be very competent to sing political stuff in France. She and even Farmer wouldn't be taken seriously but probably laughed at big time! Not their domain, worse, not their competence!
Old 08-02-2006, 08:51 AM
alizée ninja

I really like getting this 'French perspective' .. One thing is for sure, I am going to have to re-do those subtitles
Old 08-02-2006, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I really like getting this 'French perspective' .. One thing is for sure, I am going to have to re-do those subtitles
I wouldn't care if it's a pain to do it. They're good enough...
Old 08-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Yea, I think translations are good enough, I doubt most people even pay attention to them once they have their eyes and minds fixed on her dancing so..
Old 08-02-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

Spartan500 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya8617
Yea, I think translations are good enough, I doubt most people even pay attention to them once they have their eyes and minds fixed on her dancing so..
you forgot to mention her singing lol not that her singing is bad so please don't start flaming me lol

Last edited by Spartan500; 08-02-2006 at 10:39 PM..
Old 08-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie
She and even Farmer wouldn't be taken seriously but probably laughed at big time! Not their domain, worse, not their competence!
Mylene definitely makes some political references in a few of her songs and interviews (comments about Le Pen, America, etc.). Usually in subtext, of course, but I'm not surprised she sneaks them in there.