Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Is this letter thing a good or bad idea? I need to know soon. I can probably wait til the end of the week. Maybe somebody else can come up with an idea of presenting her something along these lines using a folder like I mentioned with Alizée America on the outside. Time is critical at this point though.
/le sigh...

Can't make it... Wife didn't even bother giving me "the look".... Grats Scruff, enjoy your time there, and remember, there are about 2000 seriously jealous people back here!

Good luck m8.

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 03-15-2010, 06:03 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
................. You haven't told us that when will you be leaving for the Paris. Also one more thing, is really no one else from this forum going there. If someone else is going, then I would request him to tell us as it would be nice if more people go there. I understand that it's not that easy. But the more number of people will represent more support.

Letter and the dress are good ideas. Try to get best out of it. May be we all should present our ideas here for this, like we did for the letter.This is one opportunity and we should utilize it.
I mentioned before a fellow aircraft mechanic will be going with me. He's a rookie, only 40 years old, but a good guy. He's actually a member of this forum and a huge fan of Alizée of course. He comes to this forum often to read but he seldom posts. I don't even know his forum name. I definitely wouldn't want to do this by myself. Wouldn't make a good impression with just one person, but at least we will have someone there. The only other member I've heard mention they might be going is someone from Europe. I hope he does and joins up with us because it'll make a better impression the more people we have.

As far as my travel plans. We plan on leaving that Saturday on Air France flight AF337 that leaves 6:25pm and arrives the next morning at 7:10 am (Sunday). It's a Scarebus A340..........I'm sorry, that's just a term we in the industry use sometimes...........I wouldn't be flying across the Atlantic on it if I didn't have complete confidence in it. It's an Airbus A340-300. Flight time is roughly 6 hours and 45 minutes.

I could fly on my own airline but this month I'd have to fly to New York and catch a flight over the pond from there. We'd have to rely on our commuter partner to get us there and often doesn't work out well. A lot of time when the plane isn't full, it's weight limited in which case they can't put a full load of passenger on. Starting April 1st we do have a direct flight to and from Paris.

So we'll get there bright and early sunday morning, get in a full day of tourism if the weather cooperates. A little more touring monday morning and right now I think I'll plan on getting to the record store around 2pm. The signing starts at 6.

Next day, we'll get up early, take a train to Caen, rent a car for the day, hit the beaches at Normandy, then catch a train back that night to Paris. Fly back Wednesday morning..
Old 03-15-2010, 06:07 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Wish I was going also, but schedule will not allow it. Ideas for presenting the letter:
I am guessing artists get lots of things from fans at an event such as this. Maybe not as I have never been to one. But I think that adding something to make it personal would be best. Something that catches her eyes, or ears.
1. Like adding "From your fans" to the folder. (Or use "friends" instead of fans).
2. Does tinkerbell still peak her interest? (yeah, I am still 10 years behind all of you)
3. Or a build a bear with AAm logo? (I would even spring for it)
4. I am assuming you can speak some french also to make it more personal?
I am just throwing these out there for all to comment on. Don't worry, I can take the hits if need be. After all, what do I know as the new kid on the block?
Old 03-15-2010, 06:08 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Is this letter thing a good or bad idea? I need to know soon. I can probably wait til the end of the week. Maybe somebody else can come up with an idea of presenting her something along these lines using a folder like I mentioned with Alizée America on the outside. Time is critical at this point though.
You have my vote and total support on taking the letter to Alizee. Hopefully some other members from AAm may also go and join you aswell . Do whatever you think is the best way to present this letter to her, just that we want to see this other baby before it is delievered, so any pics would be nice . If you still think the overall forum in undecisive well, how about a voting poll to decide on this issuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen
In my mind at least, the letter would have been an awesome idea had we not already sent it to Her Grace and Beauty in several forms.

If we present yet another copy... well, we don't want her thinking we're obsessed or anything
I see your point Jalen, but what if by a SMALL chance she hasn't seen, read or knows anything about this letter. This could be our final and certain chance to really be sure she gets it, reads it, and knows she has our full support from her fans of AlizeeAmerica(US,Mex,Inda,etc..) So why not have that knowing she has received it and why not have some pictures or even video of her taking our letter into her hands. Hopefully you change your mind dude, and see this as a secured chance.

Once again thanks Scruffy, wish the best on your trip and have fun Dude enjoying that one in one encounter with Alizee.
Bon Voyage!

Last edited by Alex; 03-15-2010 at 06:11 PM..
Old 03-15-2010, 06:21 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Bonjour Alizée ! Je viens d'Alizée America. Pourriez-vous regarder la caméra là (point of course) et dire, « Hello Alizée America » ?

There you go. There's your script to have her say hello.

Yeah, it's too bad I can't try one more time to say something in French. Has over two additional years of study prepared me to speak to her any better?

Merci Fanny
Old 03-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Merci Alizée

I had asked once Ben about the last autograph session that he attended. He told that he just hurried up the things as he didn't want anything to go wrong. I hope that nothing like that happens to you. Well speaking French is a good point. Can you really converse in French? English would also do, but I guess French would be better.
One thing that I can suggest you that if you decide to take the letter, then prepare a very short summary of the letter, just 3-4 lines, translate it in French. Then you can speak this while presenting the letter.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:40 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
...........One thing that I can suggest you that if you decide to take the letter, then prepare a very short summary of the letter, just 3-4 lines, translate it in French. Then you can speak this while presenting the letter.
Good idea. Also I would suggest saving the letter in a USB or print out a copy just incase you forget it here in the US, hotel, gets lost or something, better be prepared for anything I'm still wondering if Ben is planning on going aswell , haven't heard much about him recently.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Good idea. Also I would suggest saving the letter in a USB or print out a copy just incase you forget it here in the US, hotel, gets lost or something, better be prepared for anything I'm still wondering if Ben is planning on going aswell , haven't heard much about him recently.
Yah I wonder where Ben did go...hmm. But yah good idea for Scruff to be prepared with several ways to print...

P.S. I LOVE YOUR SIG!hahaha
Old 03-15-2010, 07:51 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
................................. After all, what do I know as the new kid on the block?
You made mention the other night of how you found out about Alizée. Why don't you tell us. I'm sure everyone would like to hear. There's a thread for that where you can find most of our stories,
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4611
or you can post it here, either way works.

P.S.

I also plan to mention to Alizée how many of us have been voting for her on Radio Atlantis. I'm sure she must know about it.

Edit: I'm almost afraid to ask this question but does anyone want me to buy a copy of the new album and have Alizée autograph it for them. With a lot of people preordering the limited edition one, I imagine not too many people would have any money left for this. I would imagine it would run about $25, that's U.S. dollars of course,maybe more if they package some little extra along with it.

[QUOTE=Roman;154662]Bonjour Alizée ! Je viens d'Alizée America. Pourriez-vous regarder la caméra là (point of course) et dire, « Hello Alizée America » ?

There you go. There's your script to have her say hello.

QUOTE]

Thanks for this line Roman. I'll probably use it. I just hope I get the pronunciation right. If she slaps the beegeebers out of me, I'll know I've said something wrong.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-15-2010 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I also plan to mention to Alizée how many of us have been voting for her on Radio Atlantis. I'm sure she must know about it.
O and you should def explain how we work so hard to make sure her album gets out there! yah uhhhh....O and Scruff I am so glad you are representing us, so thankyou!

O and nice sig! We are definitely out in full force now!