Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Yeah and I'm rarely in this thread so I don't want to be thought of as the person that created this depressing thread Roman. I was just doing what others suggested to make a Mature Discussion Only type of thread and hey, it worked out. But man, these conversations are indeed very depressing...I'm out
Unfortunately you made this thread on a day some people couldn't contain themselves from carrying over the same beaten to death negative subjects from other threads into this one. 20 minutes after it went up Euphoria drove her hate train right in here and so it was gonna be depressing from the start.

There are so many different ways the thread could go since it is a very general topic. I figured if any thread would stray many ways it would be this one but it's just one straight rope of negativity about the same subject. It doesn't have to be that way but it looks like the pessimists accomplished their mission.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:36 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Facts don't lie.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Facts don't lie.
And there you have it!

I see more realism than pessimism. Sure some posts are more opinion based but there have been many facts told as well. I'm not one to say that I know all about Alizée but I have much confidence in what the older/more connected members have to say. I don't like to discus her career for I would merely supply already discussed opinions of what I have been reading and I really only hope for the best.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I'm fairly certain this very discussion was the reason this thread was originally made. It was started elsewhere, but got a bit out of hand. It's essentially a continuation of that discussion. There's really not any other direction the thread could have taken.

As for the negativity, it is what it is. Alizee's career has been a bit on the negative side lately.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 02-22-2011 at 12:02 AM..
Old 02-22-2011, 10:24 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Why is it a straight rope of negativity? Because she has done nothing but make mistake after mistake starting with her biggest mistake of walking away from the two incredibly talented artists, MF and LB.

I had mentioned some time before that I thought of starting a thread of what should a fan forum be. It seems to me the large majority in here seems to think people should only come here to kiss her behind. Tell her she can do no wrong. Tell her everything she does is golden. I think a fan forum should be someplace where she can go, knowing it's people who love her music and if they are critical, it's honest criticism of things they think she is doing wrong. But if it wasn't for a thread like this, she would learn absolutely nothing. She'd keep walking straight for the edge of that cliff. Before this thread, anytime anyone made a negative post, they were looked upon as a pariah, and it shouldn't be that way.

After the Moscow concert, with my Stalingrad thread, I warned her career was in trouble and 2 cancelled concerts and an album that's been labeled a flop, it kind of looks like I knew what I was talking about. She re-orchestrated some of her classic songs into versions to be perfectly honest, I thought sounded like crap. That's no exaggeration. So many people in here said they sounded great. If they were so great, why didn't she re-release them as singles?

She chose to show up on stage wearing sneakers, and an outfit that must of had everybody in the Paris fashion industry cringing. The people of France, after having seen En Concert years earlier, then probably seeing her performances in Mexico, saw she was a shell of her former self and should it have been a surpise to her that they didn't want to see her show in Paris?

Then she came out with the song Hung up. She was surrounded by a throng of beautiful sexy young dancing girls, when all we wanted to see was her up there dancing.

Then UEDS came along. When it was first announced that she was going to be working with CM. I warned that this band was a poor fit for her voice. Listening to this album, I thought it did a much better job of bringing out the beauty in her voice, it's just the music added nothing to the performances.

Now I'm warning that if she wants to put out another album, she needs to get a new manager. Somebody who knows what they're doing. Somebody with the simple ability to listen to a new song of hers and tell her to her face whether or not it's good enough to do well in France.

She also needs to devote some serious attention to her career. It's hard to tell what goes on in Paris from 3,500 miles away. We have to rely so much on the postings of others. But it looks like since 2004, she has made sacrifices to her career for the sake of her family. Well if she truely does want to last, does want to matter, it's time for her to ask her family to make some sacrifices for her so she can devote the time it needs to put out a good album and tour.

My last warning is something I've said before. This next album will be her last chance to have a meaningful career in the music industry. If it fails, no record company, no good song writers or musicians will want to work with her. `

Back in 2009, I was probably the biggest donator to this forum. My financial situation changed a lot last year. I took out a $100,000 home equity loan so my sister could pay off her house (long story), so I'm paying over 1,200 a month on that. I still contribute on a monthly basis but I can't send in a little something extra every once in a while like I did before. Still I heard the forum was in financial trouble last month so I sent in an extra $100 this month.

Last year I'm sure you all know what I attempted to do with the radio ads. I'm still making payments on that. My point being do you think I would do all this if I didn't love her and her music? I don't want to criticize her but I feel she needs criticism. I refuse to stand idly by and watch her walk towards the edge of that cliff.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-22-2011 at 11:16 AM..
Old 02-22-2011, 03:32 PM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Why is it a straight rope of negativity? Because she has done nothing but make mistake after mistake starting with her biggest mistake of walking away from the two incredibly talented artists, MF and LB.

I had mentioned some time before that I thought of starting a thread of what should a fan forum be. It seems to me the large majority in here seems to think people should only come here to kiss her behind. Tell her she can do no wrong. Tell her everything she does is golden. I think a fan forum should be someplace where she can go, knowing it's people who love her music and if they are critical, it's honest criticism of things they think she is doing wrong. But if it wasn't for a thread like this, she would learn absolutely nothing. She'd keep walking straight for the edge of that cliff. Before this thread, anytime anyone made a negative post, they were looked upon as a pariah, and it shouldn't be that way.

After the Moscow concert, with my Stalingrad thread, I warned her career was in trouble and 2 cancelled concerts and an album that's been labeled a flop, it kind of looks like I knew what I was talking about. She re-orchestrated some of her classic songs into versions to be perfectly honest, I thought sounded like crap. That's no exaggeration. So many people in here said they sounded great. If they were so great, why didn't she re-release them as singles?

She chose to show up on stage wearing sneakers, and an outfit that must of had everybody in the Paris fashion industry cringing. The people of France, after having seen En Concert years earlier, then probably seeing her performances in Mexico, saw she was a shell of her former self and should it have been a surpise to her that they didn't want to see her show in Paris?

Then she came out with the song Hung up. She was surrounded by a throng of beautiful sexy young dancing girls, when all we wanted to see was her up there dancing.

Then UEDS came along. When it was first announced that she was going to be working with CM. I warned that this band was a poor fit for her voice. Listening to this album, I thought it did a much better job of bringing out the beauty in her voice, it's just the music added nothing to the performances.

Now I'm warning that if she wants to put out another album, she needs to get a new manager. Somebody who knows what they're doing. Somebody with the simple ability to listen to a new song of hers and tell her to her face whether or not it's good enough to do well in France.

She also needs to devote some serious attention to her career. It's hard to tell what goes on in Paris from 3,500 miles away. We have to rely so much on the postings of others. But it looks like since 2004, she has made sacrifices to her career for the sake of her family. Well if she truely does want to last, does want to matter, it's time for her to ask her family to make some sacrifices for her so she can devote the time it needs to put out a good album and tour.

My last warning is something I've said before. This next album will be her last chance to have a meaningful career in the music industry. If it fails, no record company, no good song writers or musicians will want to work with her. `

Back in 2009, I was probably the biggest donator to this forum. My financial situation changed a lot last year. I took out a $100,000 home equity loan so my sister could pay off her house (long story), so I'm paying over 1,200 a month on that. I still contribute on a monthly basis but I can't send in a little something extra every once in a while like I did before. Still I heard the forum was in financial trouble last month so I sent in an extra $100 this month.

Last year I'm sure you all know what I attempted to do with the radio ads. I'm still making payments on that. My point being do you think I would do all this if I didn't love her and her music? I don't want to criticize her but I feel she needs criticism. I refuse to stand idly by and watch her walk towards the edge of that cliff.
As usual you are correct and to the point. Criticism is a good thing if done respectfully. I really hope she does get a good manager and perhaps goes toward the rock side of the pop music like en concert.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

There's nothing wrong with people venting out their frustrations concerning Alizée's carreer but the fact is we have all been spoilt rotten by Alizée in the past.

Sure it would be great to go back to how things were in the beginning.. mainly because of how she was adored by everyone in France and well all over Europe for that matter. Moi... Lolita was phenomenal! The public is fickle though and they lose interest, but we are FANS and that's the difference!

It's really not her fault that she's not BIG anymore. Yeah she could've done this and she could've done that (well she did) but the way I see it is.. every artist has their classic album, performances etc, and Alizée has hers.

She had to evolve as an artist and she has.. it's fine and we can always go back and listen to her other albums, and well that's the beauty of her having a carreer at all. I love her new album too though, solely because it's her who's singing but also because it's her work and what she wanted to do at that point in time.. there's still plenty of magic there. Well that pretty much sums it up but I'm just happy that she's still here 10 years on.

It's been a ride!

Btw.. just checkout 1:11 to 1:30 of this vid in Mexico even if you can't be bothered to watch the the whole thing.. it's beautiful!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sUOYYqPySes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alizée's carreer has been beautiful too.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 02-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think a fan forum should be someplace where she can go, knowing it's people who love her music and if they are critical, it's honest criticism of things they think she is doing wrong. But if it wasn't for a thread like this, she would learn absolutely nothing. She'd keep walking straight for the edge of that cliff. Before this thread, anytime anyone made a negative post, they were looked upon as a pariah, and it shouldn't be that way.
Criticizing her is fine. But when you guys rage in thread after thread after thread so many times it gets very old. Especially when you guys seem to be proud of it. You make it a priority to try and prove what you think she has and is doing wrong at every opportunity. That is my issue.

This thread is no different from all the other ones you and other people have posted in. I can pull quotes going way back for at least a year of the same posts, especially for you and not just on this forum. You are just rehashing opinions and info you've already beaten to death. I mean whey keep going? It's like you have a vendetta against people on here who aren't screaming the sky is falling or that the apocalypse is coming if she doesn't follow your wisdom.

And you really think she is learning from you, in this forum? Do you think professional athletes go to their fan forums and take advice from people saying they had a bad game when they already know it? Is Kobe Bryant going to visit a fan site and listen to some maniac explain how to make more free throws or how to improve his jump shot? If they want help they go to people with actual knowledge of the game, like coaches or other players. If she is worried about the equipment on her next flight she will hit you up. But hey, even if she has considered what you've said on here I think she'd get it the first or second time...not the 100th.

brb I'm gonna go to the Eagles forum and say it was a bad idea for Vick to fight dogs and that if he wants to improve his image he should go on Oprah. Until he wins the superbowl I'm gonna repeat it. For years if I have to.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Alizée's carreer has been beautiful too.
Loved your post. I've got enough things to worry about without reading the negative (and sometimes hateful) posts here. I've got no illusions about influencing the career of a singer across the ocean. I've quite enjoyed her recent work, and have a positive outlook that we will see more.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 02-22-2011, 10:40 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
This thread is no different from all the other ones you and other people have posted in. I can pull quotes going way back for at least a year of the same posts, especially for you and not just on this forum. You are just rehashing opinions and info you've already beaten to death. I mean whey keep going? It's like you have a vendetta against people on here who aren't screaming the sky is falling or that the apocalypse is coming if she doesn't follow your wisdom.

And you really think she is learning from you, in this forum? you've said on here I think she'd get it the first or second time...not the 100th.
Oh it's okay for people to sing her praises day after day after day, but if somebody criticizes a few times, that's unforgivalbe and I'm sure you don't see the hypocrisy in that.

I have a vendetta against yes men. They say she can do no wrong, and because she has so many fans like that, her career is very near an end.

She could learn something if she cared enough about her fans to come here once in a while and there have been people in this forum who have suggested that there are people connected with her who do come to this forum.

These threads with the MDO label were created so people could discuss controversial topics. Topics that people have strong and widely different opinions on. I wanted such topics to be discussed in a private forum, but others here felt differently so here you have it. If you don't like it, I suggest you stay the hell out.