Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-29-2013, 12:53 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post

Only just seen this and I'm crying tears of joy. THIS is what she was born to do. THIS is where her heart and soul is. The energy, the passion ... it just makes me so happy to see her so happy in her element like this.

Well she definitely brought her A game! I mentioned on the chatbox earlier that they will go easy on them in the first week, and that the bar will be raised each time. However, Alizée's level of performance was that of one much later in the competition. If she can keep it up, and she totally can, she's got a spot in the top 3 already.

Also, this link was shared a few times on facebook:

FirstSeb as usual with a 581mb HD file of the performance
Many many thanks!
http://jheberg.net/captcha/alize-pre...-dals4-ep1-by/
Old 09-29-2013, 03:11 AM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Wowwww!!! Now we finally see Alizee as a WOMAN. This is exactly what she needed to boost her confidence ... I saw the look on the other contestants faces, they totally had the "we're screwed" look.
Wow, wow, wow! That was HOT- I think my iPad melted!! I had the same thought as Euphoria, when I saw the other contestants' faces- lol!!! I really liked that one judge's comment "Lolita has gone; Alizée has arrived!" Then again, for her real fans- she's always been here.

Glad to se her get some well-deserved recognition. Her talent is incredible.

Thanks to all for posting these great videos- much appreciated!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:23 AM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

I don't remember, whn was the last time we saw her so comfortable with her body. It looks like when she is dancing, she is in another world
Old 09-29-2013, 03:47 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

We have to give some of the credit to her partner. She ended up with a good partner. He is apparently sharp enough to get the best out of her.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
to be honest Tal's performance was really lacking of... everything? ....
Well put. It was obvious from the one brief black and white clip that Tal is not a dancer. She may have made a mistake by accepting the offer to be on DALS.

After seeing the B&W clip, I wondered how the pro would cover for her. If you watch the performance carefully, he structured it so that she did not have to make any complicated moves. And, he literally carried her through part of it (and not only this pair, there were two other pairs where the pro did the best they could with people who simply cannot dance at this level).

She will be one of the first 3 to go. I just hope she is not first.

Last edited by Rev; 09-29-2013 at 03:47 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-29-2013, 04:18 AM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

i am not sure about TAL leaving the show that fast. She has a lot of fans and bring a lot of viewers. And if fans can also vote, be sure every TAL fan will vote for her no matter how terrible she is
Old 09-29-2013, 05:25 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
^ What ALS said ! In france you'll always see so-called Alizée new 'fans' when she's performing on massive tv shows with a latent period of a month or two. then you don't hear from them until the next big thing...
well as long they vote for her in DALS I'm ok with "fake" fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
You're welcome It's good to hear some feedback here on AAm... on Alizée-forum it's another story no one gives a damn and you'll never see even a single thank you ...
ofc we give a damn but there are hardly any people left...

well anyway thanks for the subtitles lapinschous... the part about the role of dancing in her childhood and her daughter always gets me

Didn't anyone get (or found somewhere) the part after the performance with the outtakes and stuff? I only found the one with the bonbons (I'm not sure if I have seen it here and I'm too lazy to check)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz5Gq5uBZ-bZNP5EHeAiRLw

if I didn't get it wrong when she was asked about where she would put the trophy she answered "on the toilette"...
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 09-29-2013, 06:47 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Well put. It was obvious from the one brief black and white clip that Tal is not a dancer. She may have made a mistake by accepting the offer to be on DALS.
Well, let's at least thank her for convincing Alizée of participating to the show... Those two are buddies and one wouldn't have done it without the other !

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 09-29-2013, 07:05 AM

Panther is on a distinguished road

I still cannot contain my joy at this. I'm walking around with the biggest, stupidest grin on my face and no one here can understand why. What I saw last night, quite apart from the brilliant spectacle, was 10 years of pent-up frustration, anger and determination explode into a performance that she's always felt she just had to give at some point in her life. I think this is a hugely emotional thing for her.

I'm so happy for her right now.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:06 AM

Seart is on a distinguished road

Did she really say at the "Dancing With the Stars interview" that she had the feeling of being the The Ugly Duckling? The translation of this passage was found wanting but I think I could actually hear that she said: "J'avais le sentiment d'être le vilain petit canard". That's virtually even unheard-of thinking about that this could have ever been the case.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seart View Post
Did she really say at the "Dancing With the Stars interview" that she had the feeling of being the The Ugly Duckling? The translation of this passage was found wanting but I think I could actually hear that she said: "J'avais le sentiment d'être le vilain petit canard". That's virtually even unheard-of thinking about that this could have ever been the case.
You're right, I didn't know how to translate this in english while keeping the same meaning that it has in french.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..