Old 09-29-2018, 01:50 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Steezy Prime - Explore
Old 10-09-2018, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road
Default My Love of French Singing...

...began with a song by Vicky Leandros, a Greek singer who won the 1972 Eurovision Song Contest. She represented Luxembourg, singing in French the song "Après Toi." She also recorded a version of this song in English called "Come What May." Over the years, Vicky Leandros has recorded many albums. Her most recent album, “Ich weiss,dass ich nichts weiss" was released in 2015.

Edit:

In 1973 Anne-Marie David, a French singer, won the Eurovision Song Contest for Luxembourg. This followed Luxembourg's win the previous year with the song "Après Toi" sung by Vicky Leandros.
As Vicky Leandros did, Anne-Marie David also recorded a version of her song in English. It was called "Wonderful Dream."

Last edited by Bamagirl; 10-09-2018 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-09-2018, 03:33 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Wow.....two great singers! Do you speak French?
Old 10-09-2018, 07:33 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Radar Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZOb...fua1Z5yb3&t=0s
Old 10-10-2018, 11:33 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I have always been fascinated by Imogen Heap, essentially a one (wo)man band. At first when I saw her, it is like Whoa, she looks like a young Todd Rundgren. But with her beautiful voice and talent, she gets prettier by the moment. I like her facial expression right at the end, like she says, "And THAT is how you do it, boys!"

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-10-2018 at 11:38 AM..
Old 10-10-2018, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Bamagirl;262708]...began with a song by Vicky Leandros, a Greek singer who won the 1972 Eurovision Song Contest. She represented Luxembourg, singing in French the song "Après Toi." She also recorded a version of this song in English called "Come What May." Over the years, Vicky Leandros has recorded many albums. Her most recent album, “Ich weiss,dass ich nichts weiss" was released in 2015.

Edit:

In 1973 Anne-Marie David, a French singer, won the Eurovision Song Contest for Luxembourg. This followed Luxembourg's win the previous year with the song "Après Toi" sung by Vicky Leandros.
As Vicky Leandros did, Anne-Marie David also recorded a version of her song in English. It was called "Wonderful Dream.”

Edit:

Scruffy, I don’t speak French nearly as well as I wish I did. But I’m still trying to learn and improve.

Last edited by Bamagirl; 10-10-2018 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-13-2018, 07:36 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
...began with a song by Vicky Leandros, a Greek singer who won the 1972 Eurovision Song Contest. She represented Luxembourg, singing in French the song "Après Toi." She also recorded a version of this song in English called "Come What May." Over the years, Vicky Leandros has recorded many albums. Her most recent album, “Ich weiss,dass ich nichts weiss" was released in 2015.

Edit:

As Vicky Leandros did, Anne-Marie David also recorded a version of her song in English. It was called "Wonderful Dream."

The old Eurovision contest songs are great.

She sings in German, English, French and in Dutch

Last edited by kulli; 10-13-2018 at 07:45 PM..
Old 11-07-2018, 09:57 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Now for something completely different...

I'm not a big Black Sabbath fan, but there is one video which I like quite a bit. They played War Pigs in Paris in 1970. Ozzie actually looked normal back then, but still pretty strange on stage.

What I like about the video is how talented the band was and how they mastered their instruments. Bill Ward just bangs the hell out of those drums, and I feel did not get the recognition he deserved as a top ten rock drummer of all time (Rolling Stone ranks him at #42). Geezer Butler plays one heck of a base line.