Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-20-2010, 05:02 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
This sums up my own feelings pretty well, actually. On a technical level, I think it's absolutely gorgeous and well put-together, probably the best clip she's released since Moi...Lolita. But I agree with Jalen that the makeup and the overall...I dunno, the overall feel of the video really aren't doing it for me. At the risk of getting flamed, it strikes me as a little bit...well, pretentious. Maybe that's part and parcel of what she's trying to do with this album, though. I don't know much about art, but I know what I like.

Anyway, it's good to see it blowing up on YouTube either way. Over 102K views so far!
I think I do like this video, but yeah, I felt like that about Limelight which I've decided just has bad lyrics that don't really make sense, but act like they do. Other than that, it doesn't really bother me here because indeed, it is the tone of the piece. It is part and parcel as you say. After 10 years, I don't really think that's a problem for Alizée. I think it's maybe more of what some people expected from her before, though I do agree that a few years ago, I never thought of Alizée like that and it was part of her charm that she was very appealing without going there and it seemed like she'd never have to.

And without going into a lot of detail, I think Alizée's voice used to be better, the way she used it anyway. I think her voice is on a borderline where some of what makes me not like it as much when she doesn't have the right tone or just control is the same thing that gives it a certain unique quality that I have always really liked. So, maybe she has a natural inclination to let it slide or something like that. Maybe it's more about picking the right singing style. Oh well. It is what it is now.

Though, as it goes, if one likes the music, I think she is doing a really good job pulling off this style. And, it is a very catchy song. I do find myself wanting to listen to it more than I thought I would. Maybe it takes some getting used to/getting into the style of the piece. Then one can let go and just go with it.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

This is HUGE!

Under Most Viewed:

Old 03-20-2010, 10:58 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Over 140K views till now...that is amazing

Does anyone know if the video is being shown on French TV channels or not? How is the video being received in France?
Old 03-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Excellent job

This music video much exceeded my modest expectations for it. Those who made it should be proud.

It is very artistic. The "projections" (cf. <i>I Drove All Night</i> by Cyndi Lauper) and multiple collaged transparent exposures are very well done. I would not call it dark in the sense of morbid; I'd say it was introspective. It fits very well with the general spirit of the music and lyrics. The Corsican girl looks BEAUTIFUL. (Sorry, Ruro, the forehead HAD to go to perfect the image, especially a mature one.) Her elegance is very 1960s and reminds me of Audrey Hepburn. This video is an excellent example of how one can avoid the expense of an elaborate location shoot and yet still produce something interesting and beautiful at which to look.

There are almost no body shots or dance moves; how curious for our lovely self-described Terpsichore! In this video, Alizée has crafted an interesting new image for herself which is very becoming. She wants to look very adult and appeal to adults. It makes a wonderful "audition tape" for her hinted ambition to be a luxury goods model. Good luck my little once-sneaker-clad ex-teeny-bopper!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
This music video much exceeded my modest expectations for it. Those who made it should be proud.

It is very artistic. The "projections" (cf. <i>I Drove All Night</i> by Cyndi Lauper) and multiple collaged transparent exposures are very well done. I would not call it dark in the sense of morbid; I'd say it was introspective. It fits very well with the general spirit of the music and lyrics. The Corsican girl looks BEAUTIFUL. (Sorry, Ruro, the forehead HAD to go to perfect the image, especially a mature one.) Her elegance is very 1960s and reminds me of Audrey Hepburn. This video is an excellent example of how one can avoid the expense of an elaborate location shoot and yet still produce something interesting and beautiful at which to look.

There are almost no body shots or dance moves; how curious for our lovely self-described Terpsichore! In this video, Alizée has crafted an interesting new image for herself which is very becoming. She wants to look very adult and appeal to adults. It makes a wonderful "audition tape" for her hinted ambition to be a luxury goods model. Good luck my little once-sneaker-clad ex-teeny-bopper!
PSSH!! appealing to adults mostly? Man she definitely appeals to me! but yah I love her bangs swished to the side in some of the shots like this one:

So amazing
Old 03-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
This is HUGE!

Under Most Viewed:
Hmmm, did anyone else notice the video just to the right of Les Collines? Im just saying...
Old 03-20-2010, 11:41 AM

Talking still the same Lilly:D

Wow, she still holds the mic the same with the head tilted back when singing

Old 03-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I prefer the more natural and less "made up" images of Alizée, when they are about Alizée, (if that makes sense). But of course here the image is not of Alizée, but of a character she is playing. I have to say, she is absolutely stunningly beautiful in this video.

I've been trying to get a local (and very popular) non-commercial radio station to add her to their playlist. My dilemma in the past has been that her old image, though loved greatly by all, would not allow her to be taken seriously by a radio station such as this. Even some of the images from Psych were a bit childlike. Alizée is now consolidating her image into one of a serious, adult artist that can cross over to multiple genres.

I think that she is now in a favorable position to move into markets that would have been more difficult in the past. Of course it's up to her and her team to decide where she will go with this, but I think the door is open a bit wider for her now. I think this video and this album are a step in the right direction and have given her more options.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:34 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Yes, I agree with you Lefty. Though we all like and miss the Alizee of past, the fact is she has matured over the time. And I feel the change is for better.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:44 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
And I feel the change is for better.
It's been a while since I have seen someone say that. And I totally agree, and if she stayed in the whole Gourmandises and Mes Courants Electriques-type music, then she would have died off a while ago...I can see that I will love the UEDS era