Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-19-2009, 11:48 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road
Default Does she have the best voice?

I don't know about you but I can't think of any other female singer who has a voice comparable to that of Alizée. Granted, she is not a great singer in the technical sense (she is not always in tune, even on her recordings you can notice small slips) but her voice is simply amazing. It has such warmth and softness, it's like velvet. This quality is especially evident in slow songs such as Tempête, Amélie, Lui ou Toi or her recent rendition of La Javanaise.

She should do more slow songs/ballads in the future, what do you think?
Old 06-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I don't know about you but I can't think of any other female singer who has a voice comparable to that of Alizée. Granted, she is not a great singer in the technical sense (she is not always in tune, even on her recordings you can notice small slips) but her voice is simply amazing. It has such warmth and softness, it's like velvet. This quality is especially evident in slow songs such as Tempête, Amélie, Lui ou Toi or her recent rendition of La Javanaise.

Not the best, but I mean it's all taste.
I've found a bit more liking to some other female singers, but that's not to take away from her voice.
It's a personal uniqueness, I guess.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:33 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't know about you but I can't think of any other female singer who has a voice comparable to that of Alizée. Granted, she is not a great singer in the technical sense (she is not always in tune, even on her recordings you can notice small slips) but her voice is simply amazing. It has such warmth and softness, it's like velvet.
Thats probably the best way you could describe it. When its at its best, its like she's singing to you personally, and she really wants you to hear it. I think this is best shown during the best songs in En Concert-Tempete, especially.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:06 AM
Mancandy

The Gate Keeper is on a distinguished road

I seen female singers with more of a vocal range like Tarja from Nightwish.

But I yet find another singer that has the as someone else stated the warmth and comfort that Alizee has.

It just makes you feel comfortable.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:55 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

it's all based on people's preference

the guy that loves the sound of David Bowie might loathe the sound of Sarah Brightman,
the girl that absolutely hates the sound of Brittany Spears could love the sound of heavy metal.....
Old 06-20-2009, 09:53 AM
forever and ever

chazkimies is on a distinguished road

Quote:

her voice is like velvet, i have to agree with that
Old 06-20-2009, 10:04 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

well to be completely honest I'm not really digging her current live singing which is what I prefer to judge the voice on, so I must say no she is not the best vocalist IMHO

best voice, best band, best musician are all gonna be a question of opinion in the end

Old 06-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Hooked on Alizée

Addict is on a distinguished road

haha, I've described her voice as velvet too. Good choice of words.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I pretty much agree with everyone. For me, it’s the tonal quality of her voice that I like, especially when she sings in her lower register. For example, when she sings the verses of JEAM or JPVA, I love how her voice sounds. She seems very adept at getting the most out of her voice in a studio setting. Of course another factor for me is that I am also fascinated by Alizée, the person. That also makes her voice more appealing to me.

I would also agree that her live singing is not as good as it could be, especially since her return for Psych. I know that a voice like hers is hard to project in a live concert situation, and it’s probably difficult for her to hear in her monitors.

Having said that, I really think she could do better with a vocal coach and more rehearsal time. I know I’ve said this before, but I believe Mylene had Alizée on a daily routine of physical exercise and vocal training. My guess is she has slacked off on that, but I think she really needs to consider putting more effort into it again. My greatest concern for getting Alizée into the USA market is her live singing. I am convinced she can do a lot better in this area, but it requires hard work, coaching and rehearsal time.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:23 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

I think everyone is right, for me, Alizée has the best voice . Maybe I think so because I'm a fan, but pretty sure the non-fans don't notice her sweet voice the first time they listen to Alizée.Personally I think she still has mistakes when performing live, but that's normal. Not that she hasn't had time to improve it .
I think Laura Pausini has a strong and good voice as well, just sayin'.