Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-20-2009, 11:44 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

I agree with the people here who have complained about some of her recent performances. She can do better. See the "La Javanaise" video, she has still got it.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:05 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
She can do better. See the "La Javanaise" video, she has still got it.
She did sound great in this one.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:57 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
Her studio stuff is always good, En concert was pretty decent (but she probably practiced a lot and trained her voice in those days). The Psych tour voice made me cringe a couple times, mainly in Mademoiselle Juliette and JPVA. Aguascalientes, IMO, was much better. And the songs of the Acoustic 2008 performance, except for JEAM, are my favorite versions of those songs to listen to, she sang beautifully, and they sounded fantastic.

So the key problem is obviously live performance, maybe next time she tours she will realize the need to practice. (I wonder if she'll ever dance again)
I wish I coud disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Well, when the adrenalin is pumping and the music and the crowd is loud, there is a tendency to try to sing loud to hear and be heard. Doing this pushes Alizée’s voice into a realm that is not her normal singing voice. It causes a significant tonal change, as well as making it much harder to sing on key. Also, she was doing those little trailing “yips” which I don’t think were a good idea.

I don’t mean to pick on her, nor do I intend to make excuses for her. Her voice is the type that may always be somewhat difficult for her to project in live situations. I really like Alizée’s voice the way it is, and if that means her live performances are never going to be stellar, then that’s just fine with me. As long as she works hard and does her best, I think that’s all one can ask for.

The TV5 Acoustic and La Javanaise performances are 2 examples that show how well Alizée can sing live in an environment conducive to her voice.
She is after all a petite woman. She may have to be more careful than some about how she sings. However, I hope she finds a way of singing live that allows her voice to fully come through without straining it or resorting to singing too high.

Also, she seemed to do better when she wore a mic as compared to holding a mic.

I'm hoping that, in her total pull away from the Mylene era, she has not also pulled away from singing like she did then. That would be a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Yeah, I do too. A big part of it for me is the person behind the voice. Alizée herself is very special and unique. It makes her voice mean that much more to me.
There is also a vibrational energy to her voice that is very special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I agree. She does seem to have a limited range, but within that range her voice is awesome. There were several songs from En Concert that showcased that beauty. L'Alize, Hey Amigo, L'e-mail a des ailes, Toc de Mac, Lou ou Toi and Amelie. I think the only song that she sings now that brings out that beauty is Par Les Paupieres.

She by far, doesn't have the best voice in the world but by far, her voice is the one I want to listen to.
Actually, she actually has a fairly wide range. Whether she is fully exercising that range is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I agree with the people here who have complained about some of her recent performances. She can do better. See the "La Javanaise" video, she has still got it.
Nuff said.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Weird Member

Nikita is on a distinguished road

I like her voice in the sense that she can go quite low down, and still sound soft and warm.

However, I think in the studiorecordings, the volume is altered a lot,
and it's only when she's sitting still and concentrating, (like in Javanaise) that her voice sounds most alike to the recordings.

In my eyes this doesn't make her a fantastic singer, because she obviously lacks the technique that can help her control her voice when she has to move around at the same time.

But having said that, I like the way her voice sounds, and that can be a reason to call her a good singer, but some people need to hear some more technique skill to call her good.

It's all how you see it, really.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

i've also noticed how very different she sounds live. i mean, obviously its always different live, but i mean for JEAM on her en concert DVD? sounded very different i think. (and the cute little hiccup became like a little yelp!)

Old 06-22-2009, 05:49 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I believe the posts here accurately describe Alizée's vocal abilities.
It goes beyond technical ability and training for me. What my ears hear when someone sings tells me whether I like their tone and performance.

Whatever it is about Alizée's voice, she has the "X" factor. That something special that is not definable by mere word..how do the French say it..."j'nay se qua"? (spelling?)

Whatever it is, my ears tell me that it is so pleasing, alluring, relaxing and hypnotic that I cannot get enough of it.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:58 AM
Back once again with the

iLl BeHavIoR is on a distinguished road
Wink

You nailed it for sure on the Warmth. No one sounds the same.
Its just like putting on your old comfortable sweater.
(At least when you listen to the songs such as ACC.)
Then the presence of a really good friend for the more poppy stuff such as Gourmandises n L'Alize.

Though when I first saw this thread and before I read your post. I was thinking
her voice is good but can't be compared to someone with style within their voice such as the likes of someone like "Jewel" , listen to Who Will Save your Soul and she wins hands down.

I totally understand what you're getting at though and She is for sure among my favorite voices.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

No, not anymore.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Back once again with the

iLl BeHavIoR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
No, not anymore.
She just needs to practice again, like the way im sure she did under farmer.
If she was real serious again she could get it back in tune. Maybe for this CD itll be even better when live. She did go all those years with hardly any performances. She should get a coach.

Last edited by iLl BeHavIoR; 06-22-2009 at 10:53 PM..
Old 06-22-2009, 10:32 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Well in my opinion, with the videos seen on the web on her recent concerts, her voice quality has decreased in my opinion. There are alot of factors that could explain this; like: the exitement and the new experience singing for a huge foreign public, in what I've seen in her Mexican concerts she just seems to have fun and a great time not worrying on her voice, also in these concerts there were no extra dancers like the 2004 Tour, so she was the main focus for 10,000 fans(something she wasn't used to). Another Factor could be the rearrengement of the music, it totally changed on the instruments used and tempo ex: JAM JPVA and Moi Lolita with the new music arrengemets we can not appreciate fully her voice in these songs as we saw in the 2004 concert.
As said before we know she can do awsome shows and concerts we just have to hope that for this new album she can improve her concert managers and crew.