Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-15-2012, 02:24 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road
Default The changing of Alizée: yay or nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I know what you mean but yeah I'm just glad none of her tatoos can be seen easily while she is performing
See, the thing is that they are visible when performing! Not the Tinkerbell one on her back, but the one on her forearm is quite visible. But the thing is, it's not her tattoos that bother me, like I said before, she's changing everything.. and for what?

I truly appreciate that she's bringing back some of her oldie but goodies, like JEAM and a bit of JPVA.

To an unknowing person, Alizée from MCE/Gourmandises would come off as a completely different human being now.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:33 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
See, the thing is that they are visible when performing! Not the Tinkerbell one on her back, but the one on her forearm is quite visible. But the thing is, it's not her tattoos that bother me, like I said before, she's changing everything.. and for what?

I truly appreciate that she's bringing back some of her oldie but goodies, like JEAM and a bit of JPVA.

To an unknowing person, Alizée from MCE/Gourmandises would come off as a completely different human being now.
Okay, you say that it's not her tattoo's that are bothering you but she is changing "everything" what is this "everything" that she is changing that you don't like?...

I think Alizée will always be Alizée and there is nothing she can do to change that!... I love her for her...

You act as if you want her to be young again... I'm sorry, but she's growing up and she is not ever going back!... lol!... if you wait another 10 years though you can jump on the Annily bandwagon though!

Old 01-15-2012, 02:46 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
Okay, you say that it's not her tattoo's that are bothering you but she is changing "everything" what is this "everything" that she is changing that you don't like?...

I think Alizée will always be Alizée and there is nothing she can do to change that!... I love her for her...

You act as if you want her to be young again... I'm sorry, but she's growing up and she is not ever going back!... lol!... if you wait another 10 years though you can jump on the Annily bandwagon though!
Listen up noob, don't you dare ever accuse or imply that I don't like Alizée. Those are fighting words they are, and a fight you'll get. (Not a serious threat! )

No, I don't mean that I wish she was younger again, but that she'd at least retain some of the characteristics that drew me in.

First, her music. Don't give me the whole "her early music was basically completely controlled by MF", I know it, and I get it. UEDS was something utterly different in every way possible. Even the way she performed them was different. All she did was stand there and hit a keyboard with dim lighting.

Secondly, her performances. She just stands there and sings. The first thing that captivated me about her was how she danced! She's a dancer by trade, so why isn't she utilizing her talent? I can understand if it's hard to sing and dance at the same time, so why not lip-synch while dancing?

Third, her looks. I know this sounds incredibly superficial, but as an artist, how you look is a big part of your appeal. She is still the most beautifully adorable woman I've ever seen, but she does nothing with it. All those tattoos, the bland hairstyle, the darker clothing.. who's she trying to appeal to?

I don't want to come off all whiny and Alizée-hating, cuz I don't! But I just wish she'd just retain a few characteristics of her earlier days to show us that she appreciates us fans of the Lolitazée.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:54 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Listen up noob, don't you dare ever accuse or imply that I don't like Alizée. Those are fighting words they are, and a fight you'll get. (Not a serious threat! )

No, I don't mean that I wish she was younger again, but that she'd at least retain some of the characteristics that drew me in.

First, her music. Don't give me the whole "her early music was basically completely controlled by MF", I know it, and I get it. UEDS was something utterly different in every way possible. Even the way she performed them was different. All she did was stand there and hit a keyboard with dim lighting.

Secondly, her performances. She just stands there and sings. The first thing that captivated me about her was how she danced! She's a dancer by trade, so why isn't she utilizing her talent? I can understand if it's hard to sing and dance at the same time, so why not lip-synch while dancing?

Third, her looks. I know this sounds incredibly superficial, but as an artist, how you look is a big part of your appeal. She is still the most beautifully adorable woman I've ever seen, but she does nothing with it. All those tattoos, the bland hairstyle, the darker clothing.. who's she trying to appeal to?

I don't want to come off all whiny and Alizée-hating, cuz I don't! But I just wish she'd just retain a few characteristics of her earlier days to show us that she appreciates us fans of the Lolitazée.
Okay okay... I hear you.... chill out... I was just playing devil's advocate... I'm on your side! Don't tase me bro!

However, I also feel that she is not obligated to give up the things she enjoys in life! She should be able to have both!... if she didn't want to change her image she might as well have stayed with MF... If she wants to be a mommy, she should be allowed to be a mommy... if she wants to get a tattoo she should be allowed to get a tattoo.. none of these things, as much as we may not like it, do not change the person she is deep down inside...

Although it breaks an unspoken rule in keeping ones image... we just have to live with it...

Many icon's have changes to their image and the world lives with it... be thankful of Alizée because it could be worse!:

Michael Jackson

Mike Tyson

Britney Spears

Cameron Diaz

Lucky for us... Alizée always looks just as good even when she changes... just like the following ...

Angelina Jolie

Shakira

Not all celebrities can retain their celebrity feel during the changes... but the great ones manage to pull it off... usually it is men like John Travolta, Vin Diesel, and Brad Pitt, though.. rarely women... but Angelina Jolie pulls off hair color changes well and Shakira uses many different types of hair styles and hair colors..

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 01-15-2012 at 03:59 AM..
Old 01-15-2012, 12:50 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

I often read about people wanting Alizée to dance again... I want it, too, but i am not so sure. I think if she stopped doing her routines is because she did not feel to keep doing it, specially being a person who loves dancing as we all know...
So i hope that if she returns to the coreographies is because she really feels it, and not cause can be more commercial or something like that.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:24 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Neither yay nor nay.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:48 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

While many good points have been brought up, keep in mind that at one time Ricky Nelson did Madison Square Garden for an oldies show, but he dressed as he did on the date of the concert, not how he dressed when he recorded the music, back in the '50's.

The audience came to see the people look and sound the way they did back when they were recording their songs, and did not accept him for being who he was on the day of the concert, many years later.

That is what the song "Garden Party" is about.

I feel that if we like Alizée, her natural change in her tastes, dress, styles, et. al., should be left to her own devices. If not, then we are not seeing the real Alizée, which would be sad.

Allow her to grow as she does, based on her universe of input, not ours, and we will see the real Alizée.
Whether some of us choose not to continue to follow her would at least be based on honest input from her.

I may be way off on this, but I will follow her because of who she is, what she does, and allow things to happen as they do. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:43 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post

I feel that if we like Alizée, her natural change in her tastes, dress, styles, et. al., should be left to her own devices. If not, then we are not seeing the real Alizée, which would be sad.

Allow her to grow as she does, based on her universe of input, not ours, and we will see the real Alizée.

follow her because of who she is, what she does

Said it well!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

When Alizée began, she was a teenage girl. Now, she's a few years away from 30. ( (A smile is required when you point out that a woman is almost 30.) (An even bigger one when she's almost 40, but that can wait.) All grown up!

She has to find herself, find who she is musically and as a performer. Now, it's obvious that UEDS was a false start as far as commercial viability is concerned, and she's just as aware of that as everyone else if not more so. She'll be doing something different with the next album, by the rumors a return to her pop roots, which is probably a good idea, but remember that doesn't mean she'll be doing the same sort of thing as in the early 2000s because she CAN'T.

So of course she has to change -- well, has changed as a person, and as a performer she has to change, too.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

My solution to this predicament...

Let's branch off and make an AnnilyAmerica.com forum!!! Just like TDA said, hop on the bandwagon while you can !