Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
BTW I'm not very familiar with the logistics involved in general. What are the typical measures for "control" in such cases? More security personnel? Barriers/cordons?

Could it be also that part of the problem was that the venue chosen was, ultimately, incapable of handling the number of people that showed up? It looked like some sort of mall, and so there was this big enclosed space without barriers and just a huge crush of people.
Several different things could be done:

1. Access control - Specific entrances (for a mall), for a large # of people you need adequate room for the people, and if possible a way to break the "forward" crush (lateral lines of barriers - forcing people to side to side) and not give a "straight line" for "surges" that can crush people, or lead to panic.

2. Security People adequate to Crowd - this number varies. At a Symphony it might be as little as 2 security / 1000 audience members. At a rock concert it might be more like 8 security + event staff @ each entrance, roaming security inside the building (plain clothes & Uniformed) and enough security/police "backstage" to maintain order. At a Def Leppard concert i attended back in '87 (??) there were roughly 1/2 as many police behind the scenes as there were visible...

3. Best / Worst case "sandboxing" (I mean a table top exercise where fire, police, venue security, event staff and VIP security / staff sit down and talk about pre/during/post event goals...

tons more, but those are right off the top of my head.....

rehochipe -

Please accept my heartfelt condolences on how things turned out. No one who really THINKS about this can be happy at your misfortune, nor blame you for those things you cannot control. I sincerly hope you get to see her again!

Now, about that autograph????? She gave you an autograph for us?

My head just 'sploded!

Ed

Just saw the Post from Rehochipe about the posted message - would anyone care to translate that for the poor, stupid uni-lingual redneck fan (yeah, ME!) ?

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience

Last edited by Edcognito; 03-07-2008 at 10:09 PM..