Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Danced With Alizee...

Alizeeinternationalfan is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
I don't think she was crying at all, if anything maybe she rubbed make-up in her eye and it started to irritate and water up.

Maybe some of it could be perspiration as well, as a person who does plays on stage those stage lights get hot and you sweat, make-up can smear and getting it in your eye can suck (yes, guys wear make-up too on stage, we apply base on our face so the stage lights don't bleed out our faces, eye liner to make our eyes more defined or "pop", etc.) and it can be even worse for performers like Alizée, the lights are always on them and with them dancing around and singing its not surprising if she is a little wet. I have been to concerts and watched them on youtube as well and by the end of the set the lead singer is usually soaking wet. Why do you think En Concert had costume changes? rest, towel down, new cloths, could help you from getting overly sweaty on stage.

Also about the crying, I'm sorry but you are not going to get through a few songs in a full cry let alone one. To me her voice sounded great and not like she was covering a cry. She seemed to be giving a great performance. To me I almost bet she rubbed make up in her eye and it was irritating so she rubbed it more, again making it worse and causing her eye to water even more until the point she had to go off stage and deal with it.

Then on the point of nervousness in her voice, again I know before I go on stage I am always a little nervous and it usually wears off once I start. I am always ok with my lines I rehearse and I don't feel nervous delivering those but tonight I had a show and after it I gave a gift to my directors in front of the audience and I said a few things first, my voice and body was pretty shaky because I was just talking and not saying lines I have rehearsed like a song. So I think it was just a little nervousness on her part talking instead of saying or singing something she has done a thousand times, especially so since she was speaking in a language that is not her own.

I could be wrong, but thats just what it looks like to me.
Chommpers, it sounds like you are a performer, so you know about this stuff. I don't, but I did ask a friend who is and described the situation. She said that it was entirely possible that Alizee felt bad/strange/very upset that she was performing badly/not singing as well as she used to and could still sing while the tears flowed. Before I saw the tears, I felt that she was not singing well and knew it/that there was something amiss. After the 3rd song, she seemed to pull herself together and the tears didnt return until later in the set, but I don't think this was all because of makeup (I mean, she is a 25 year old French woman, she knows how to apply her makeup by now!!) or hot lights (the guys on the stage were not tearing up). I don't think it was because of missing her child, and I think the trembling in her voice had to do with something other than nervousness: this is a woman that has played much larger concerts for almost ten years. No, there was something going on there that we have not gotten the explanation on yet....(I think )

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
As for the dancing with her back to the crowd, I can remember during her concerts last summer in Mexico where Alizee did the same thing. She would approach DJ Karve and dance while facing him, so I would think that it's just part of the routine, but it would be a clever time to wipe tears.

RCS,

I think you are probably right about this one. She has certainly danced with her back to the stage/to other band members in the past. I guess I was suprised at how quickly in the concert she was doing that. At Monterrey, her last concert, she was trying very earnestly to connect with the crowd right from the beginning. In AGU, she seemed to be turning away right in the beginning. Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
if you google Alizee crying the only page I get is this forum.....

Im sure the Mexican newspapers wouldve picked it up etc. Bloggers etc etc.
On the way out of the airport the day after her performance, I saw a display of newspapers, maybe 5 or 6 of them that had the Fair's beauty queen and a description of the gala event on the front page. I saw nothing about Alizee's crying or performance (except that it was great or whatever). The papers were not going to print anything negative, as they were on Day 1 of the 3-week national fair and are all in it together to promote this Fair as the best thing ever. Would you want to be the reporter running the lone story that the invited headliner did not perform well/there was something wrong? It would be a very negative story amongst everyone else trying to tell positive stories.

By the way--I don't think it was so much that Alizee was performing badly, it was the slow/akward arrangement of the music she was being as to sing to. The switch from MF to Jeremy has just been devestating for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
^ once again I can assure you it was nothing to do with her personal life
Unless you are a part of her personal life, how can you possibly assure us of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edisythe View Post
EDIT: SOrry for the spelling, maybe Ill correct it later...

I do not share the opinon of you (sorry for not quoting) who just said that the entire thing seemed like an effort. Sure it wasnt a light parade, but it wasnt dim either. Particularly on the JEAM encore, when she invited the Queen and princesses to the stage. That moment won her the heart of the attendants, and the whole city. I can bet high stakes that this single moment just won her hundreds of fans.

Edisythe: the JEAM "encore" was planned, it was part of the routine, was done the same at the other Mexican concerts. The invitation of the Quenn and princesses onto the stage was also planned, and most likely by the Fair organizers (I met Rueben, the governor of the thing). It certainly wasn't a spontaneous expression of Alizee's love of Mexico or goodwill, it was just part of the show. If Alizee had spontaneously done that, I would agree that its the kind of thing we would all be impressed by, but the queens were collecting around the stage two to three songs prior to the "encore", getting ready to go up there and do their thing. If that "single moment" won her hundreds of fans, they were fooled by the production and the Mexicans need to get their heads examined, lol.

Last edited by Ben; 04-26-2009 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: merged. please do not double post.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:54 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizeeinternationalfan View Post
Unless you are a part of her personal life, how can you possibly assure us of this?
once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyTownUSA
So there have been a great amount of rumors of why alizee started to cry for a few songs at the show, and i can assure you, it has nothing at all to do with her family, or carrer. true she did have one problem that made her get a bit tear eyed, but it has nothing to do at all in any way, to do with her state of being....she is very happy... and she is very happy and honored to be in Mexico, believe me, alizee was anxious to come to mexico, if she did not want to be there, she would not have come....and she was not crying all trough out the concert, it was just the fist couple of songs....then she went off the stage to compose herself, while DJ Karve performed a great Mix... then she came back on stage and did the rest of the show how she knows to do it.... excellent...
if you want to believe in some rumor go ahead, but I think that AC cleared it up perfectly fine there

Old 04-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Danced With Alizee...

Alizeeinternationalfan is on a distinguished road
Default Once again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
once again

Once again..unless you are a part of her personal life, I don't think you can quote someone else and say "case closed."

if you want to believe in some rumor go ahead, but I think that AC cleared it up perfectly fine there
At this point, I think the question needs to be asked: why hasn't Alizee commented on it? Can you imagine being on stage in front of thousands of people and having tears stream out of your eyes and not explaining to your fans afterwards what was going on??? I mean, this wasn't one tear in the corner of her eye. Geez, guys, come on.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:19 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

One thing is for sure, fans have been kept out of the light on several occasions.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Well I wasn’t there, nor am I privy to any “inside” information, so I choose to believe what Julien said. Quoted and translated from Ben’s post: “Just to reassure everyone about the rumors of tears and problems during the Alizée show in Mexico... Alizée is not depressed lol, no family problems... Everything's fine!
Alizée made the trip without Bilitis (her famous makeup artist ^^), and her local makeup caused a small allergy to her eyes. She is very happy with the trip and is very excited, her new album returns to mixing next week.”
This explanation is the simplest and makes the most sense to me.

If Alizée’s eyes were watering and burning at the beginning of her performance, I’m sure it would affect her emotionally and make her quite nervous, and therefore affect her performance. She may have started crying as well, just from the sheer misery of the situation. Once she went off stage and took care of the problem, things seemed to be better. I’ve experienced something like this on at least 2 occasions. Both were gigs in which I had to stand and play for 3 hours. One was with a badly sprained knee, and the other I had the flu and was running a high fever. Trust me; I was nervous, freaked out, and in misery. I didn’t perform very well in either case and I’m sure some people noticed and wondered what my problem was. But the show had to go on.

We are all aware that eye witness accounts of the same event can differ widely. I don’t doubt that everyone has reported what they perceived to be the truth, with all honesty and sincerity. What one perceives in the beginning can color one’s view of everything that happened after.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
At this point, I think the question needs to be asked: why hasn't Alizee commented on it?
Well, she has really. Alizée's made few direct statements in her career, but you can consider Julien and AC's info to be from her. So until if something else comes up, I think we've about exhausted this topic.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Get in,sit down,HANG ON!!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Any analysis has got to include what happened in Aguascalientes. You can't really come to a good analysis without understanding what happened in the first three songs there...
AIF,

I can understand why you are concerned about the early part of the concert because those were some vicariously traumatizing moments!

It reminds me of years ago when I taught a friend of mine's three daughters, my niece and my own daughter how to ride bicycles. They were all roughly the same ages so we all worked together, each on their own bike of course.

Sooner or later each of them had some crashes and each time it would make my heart skip a beat, however during all of this I believe they were faring better than I was because ultimately they had a blast, learned to ride bikes and, most importantly, all survived!

In fact, the competitive nature of the girls came out and I think it pushed them to work harder and learn faster.

Back to the concert.....I'm pretty much satisfied with the explanation about allergies and the makeup even though I don't believe it's the complete story. I don't think the explanation is far enough off the mark to make hay over.

My personal belief at this moment is that the makeup was a bit of an issue but I think you can also consider that she may have had spring time allergies related to being in Mexico as opposed to France and I still maintain that the heat was a factor.

As I mentioned in my post on Sunday, April 19, 2009 the day after the concert, I don't like to speculate, therefore I try to work off of evidence. So with respect to springtime allergies, the possible evidence is from the photos and TV interview footage from Saturday April 18, 2009's pre-concert events. If you look at those photos and interview footage you can see that her eyes appear irritated and red.

I still maintain that the heat was an issue because think about it, most of the time when you go to an indoor concert venue the temperature pre-concert can be pretty chilly. The main reason for that is for the benefit of the performers I'm sure. Now in the case of the Aguas event, the venue was basically more of an outdoor event albeit under a kind of circus style big top tent. The ambient temps for us in the audience was just on the upper edge of still comfortable for me personally. However, I'm pretty sure that any additional physical activity would have had me abandoning my coat and ditching my tie.

Remember that I mentioned that I took a peak back stage and that the performers had another small hospitality type tent to hang out in pre/post show. Once again I assert that the temps in that tent could have been much warmer than what we experienced in the general audience. In fact, somewhere I saw a photo of several members of the Angel's band hanging around outside of said tent. When I saw that particular photo, it further reminded me that perhaps they were outside to try to cool off. As more evidence, if you watch YouTube videos of the "Sounds of Silence" performance, you get some fairly close views of Alizée and her guitarist. Unfortunately we are struggling with poor YouTube resolution, but it does appear that the guitarist was pretty sweaty. Not profusely as we observed with Lili, but still moist. Keep in mind the guitarist is working, but he's not in the same "hot seat" as the Angel.

Another wild card factor that we don't know about is, who was in the audience? I'm sure that at every Lili event there are important music biz people in the audience, but the one off exclusive nature of this particular show tells me that there may possibly have been bigger wheels than normal attending; perhaps in and out of the music industry. If so, this could add some to the pressure.

As far as some nerves go, I regard that as pretty normal and many would say necessary to a great performance.
The adrenalin that can kick in is what frequently makes performers, athletes, etc. achieve greater and greater levels.

The recent past, with the two canceled French concerts, new album on the way, the last concert(to my knowledge) last summer of 2008 in Monterrey, Mexico, probably a big lack of rehearsal time for the Psychédélices songs and performers all spells a higher degree of pressure for the Aguas show.

We've all seen the YouTube videos of her at the tender age of 15/16 marching out solo on stage like a female version of "Simba" from the Lion King movie and perform Moi...Lolita. It is very likely she's "paying the cost to be the boss" and can feel the additional pressure of wearing the extra hats, but her "Simba"-esque performances of the past show she can handle come what may.

For us as her audience, we may get a huge payoff in spades!

It's strange that I've actually been able to enjoy the Aguas show through the YouTube vids even more than the live performance because I at least have the comfort of knowing that she indeed is OK. During the last two thirds of the program, I thought she was OK(speaking about the physical/mental aspects not performance), but I didn't know she was OK.

I'm leaving out a bit, but the bottom line is that I'm not concerned at all about the Angel's on stage abilities, ultimately the Aguas show just provides more confirmation of what I never doubted in the first place.

The female Simba:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9qwrNCH2OVk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9qwrNCH2OVk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 05-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. View Post

I'm leaving out a bit, but the bottom line is that I'm not concerned at all about the Angel's on stage abilities, ultimately the Aguas show just provides more confirmation of what I never doubted in the first place.
I'm with you there. though I'm not too certain of what did actually happen, she seemed to pull through it professionally.

And doubting her stage abilities? now why would you do that?
especially in that video, she seems a little nervous maybe at the beginning, but then she gets all warmed up and such and is at ease.

(hence her cute dancing and waving to the audience)

and that was at the beginning of her career. she's come so far since! (do i really have to point that out? )

Old 05-15-2009, 02:05 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. View Post
Another wild card factor that we don't know about is, who was in the audience? I'm sure that at every Lili event there are important music biz people in the audience, but the one off exclusive nature of this particular show tells me that there may possibly have been bigger wheels than normal attending; perhaps in and out of the music industry. If so, this could add some to the pressure.
Now you're really being mysterious.

I guess it's possible that she suspected someone might be in the audience who would make her extra nervous. And maybe that person was there, or maybe not.

On the other hand, maybe she just knew you were there, so she knew she had to be at her best, because you'd be writing long descriptions for the fan forums with lots of speculation.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 05-15-2009, 02:17 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Look, you guys can theorize all you want, but I'm sticking with the whole 'faulty robot duplicate sent to replace Lili so she could save the galaxy without arousing suspicion' thing. It's the only explanation that makes sense!!

...especially when you factor in the recent Twitter updates. The "My Team!" photo? I mean, that is SO clearly her starfighter squadron from the Rylan Star League, who assisted her in overcoming the evil Ko-Dan armada. And the reason why they have their backs to the camera? Well hello, they're all ALIENS!

Reach for absurd and convoluted scenarios all you want, dudes, but Occam's Razor says that the simplest explanation is the most likely. DUH!