Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-11-2006, 04:55 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road
Default New Members: Introduce yourself

I've had a couple of people request an "introduce yourself" thread for new members. We should have made this a while back, but better late than never.

I made this website to increase Alizée's exposure in North America, and create a place where new fans can easily find and watch some decent quality videos with English translations. I want to welcome everyone to the website, even if you aren't from North America feel free to say hello

New fans should also checkout these other websites:

Alizée in Wikipedia
(an overview of Alizée and her career)

Alizée Fanpage (official news, fanclub, lyrics, etc)

Alizée Forum (very popular international forum)

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 01-03-2011 at 05:50 AM..
Old 11-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Hashshashin

jaco is on a distinguished road
Cool

Well, I'm not exactly new, but since I was one of the people who asked Brad to start this thread I thought I'd kick this off

So, I'm Jacoplane and I'm an administrator on Wikipedia. I am one of the main authors of the Alizée article on Wikipedia. I currently live in Amsterdam, although I lived lived most of my life in Genève, Switzerland. If you notice me online at strange hours that is most likely due to the fact that I work nights as a hotel desk clerk to pay for my law degree so my biological clock is usually totally messed up. In case you're wondering, I'm specializing in information law, so once the RIAA copyright nazis decide to descend on this site, you might want to ask me for advice Of course, I'm convinced that although this site has some copyrighted content, in the end it adds greatly to the promotion of Alizée in markets she's not so established (USA) and so increases revenue for the RIAA musicbusiness middlemen dickheads in the end, so if ever they dare serve us with a DMCA notice I'm convinced we could take this to court and kick their asses
Old 11-11-2006, 06:02 PM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, my name is Hiby and I'm in A.A.

(10 people speaking) Hi Hiby

Like that genious A.A. eh?

a.

Last edited by HibyPrime; 11-11-2006 at 06:49 PM..
Old 06-28-2007, 05:12 AM

panzerkiller is on a distinguished road

I'm Zachary Dallaire,I live in Jackson mississippi and I am interested in history,science,and also finding a way to contact Alizee.My friends and other people say I can sing,dance, play dumset,and interpret spanish very well.I am learning French and how to play piano and guitar.But I still think Alizee takes it all,I mean look at what we have in her place,brittany spears,paris hilton"ha ha she went to jail",lindsay lohan etc...
only problem is they're terrible people ,they're ugly,and they can't sing.That's why I capitalized only Alizee's name,she's the only one that deserves it.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:18 AM

marik is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerkiller View Post
I'm Zachary Dallaire,I live in Jackson mississippi and I am interested in history,science,and also finding a way to contact Alizee.My friends and other people say I can sing,dance, play dumset,and interpret spanish very well.I am learning French and how to play piano and guitar.But I still think Alizee takes it all,I mean look at what we have in her place,brittany spears,paris hilton"ha ha she went to jail",lindsay lohan etc...
only problem is they're terrible people ,they're ugly,and they can't sing.That's why I capitalized only Alizee's name,she's the only one that deserves it.
Welcome panzerkiller! we hope you stay toch in here! and enjoy here!
we were excited to have new members here! glad ur register here!
Old 06-28-2007, 08:11 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

My name si Dan.
Well.. I dont know what to say to introduce myself... lets say first that I'm french ( so excuses my english ) I live in Paris, France.
So, hello to everybody !

Let me tell you how I become a fan.
I falled in love with Alizee almost immediatly, the first time I see her. It was on a French TV show (Hit machine) and she was singing "Lolita"for the first time in live performance. I had already seen the video clip of this song , and I remember that I wasn't particulary found of it.( I' m still not, by the way)
But when I see her on the set of this show, singing and dancing... woooow
it's was a shock! She was so gracious, so cute...
and.. ( lets be honest) there was some disturbing feeling to see a so young lady moving so sensualy...

After that, I was trapped. Her evolution was just to become cutier and sexier years after years... until the sudden break with her producer and mentor Mylène Farmer.

I think she really got some magic in her.She both elegance and sensuality. And that really good ( and new !) to see that people from abroad can see that in her, too.

Its surprising , for me, to discover that people from USA can be touch by this "naive" and " fresh" aspect of her.( that's what get me here)
Thats means her attraction is really amazing and universal.

Last edited by Bigdan; 06-28-2007 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: nc
Old 06-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Welcome, Dan! Always a pleasure to see people visit us from France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
and.. ( lets be honest) there was some disturbing feeling to see a so young lady moving so sensualy...
Oh, I know exactly what you mean! The early Alizée always makes me feel like a potential pederast, especially the Gourmandises video!

Are you, then, somewhat older than she is?

Quote:
I think she really got some magic in her.
Definitely! I don't know if you meant that literally, but it is literally true. And I think that's one of the things that attracted Mylène to her (Mylène also has a lot of magic in her).

Quote:
Its surprising , for me, to discover that people from USA can be touch by this "naive" and " fresh" aspect of her.( that's what get me here)
Well, contrary to appearances, we're not all barbarians here.

BTW, I read what you said on the other thread about the necessary change from her image while she was partnered with Mylène, to what she'll be showing now. I agree that's a concern and think she'll be worried about it some too. But at the same time, there's a person-to-person appeal to her that I think doesn't depend on age, and can present itself in a more mature form without losing anything. It may take a little adjustment for her old fans to get used to the new Alizée (especially since she'll now have a variety of songwriters, and not just Mylène and Laurent), but I also think she'll attract new people who were never much into her before.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 06-29-2007, 12:37 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Welcome, Dan! Always a pleasure to see people visit us from France.

Oh, I know exactly what you mean! The early Alizée always makes me feel like a potential pederast, especially the Gourmandises video!

Are you, then, somewhat older than she is?
-Oh yes... unfortunately !
There was some polemics about that in France. About her attitude and the meaning of the song Lolita ... In fact, I think everything come from her appearance: she look younger than she is. She had to justify herself about her short blue skirt in some newspapers, (just as she was some 15 yo little girl wearing something too sexy...) but she was already 19 at this time !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [I
Definitely! I don't know if you meant that literally, but it is literally true. And I think that's one of the things that attracted Mylène to her (Mylène also has a lot of magic in her).[/I]
I'm agree. Mylène got a lot of magic...( black magic?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [I
Well, contrary to appearances, we're not all barbarians here. [/I]
I know and didn't want to offend you ! But the US singers ( which knowed a real success here, in France, too) are so... pro, so " bigger than life", that you doubt they could be really human, sometimes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by
[I
BTW, I read what you said on the other thread about the necessary change from her image while she was partnered with Mylène, to what she'll be showing now. I agree that's a concern and think she'll be worried about it some too. But at the same time, there's a person-to-person appeal to her that I think doesn't depend on age, and can present itself in a more mature form without losing anything. It may take a little adjustment for her old fans to get used to the new Alizée (especially since she'll now have a variety of songwriters, and not just Mylène and Laurent), but I also think she'll attract new people who were never much into her before[/I].
Well.. honestly I'm not so confident about it, but that's all I hope for her...
Old 07-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
The early Alizée always makes me feel like a potential pederast, especially the Gourmandises video!
I know what you mean, haha. But then I have to remember that she's actually a year older than me, so it really isn't that wierd.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:56 PM

panzerkiller is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
My name si Dan.
Well.. I dont know what to say to introduce myself... lets say first that I'm french ( so excuses my english ) I live in Paris, France.
So, hello to everybody !

Let me tell you how I become a fan.
I falled in love with Alizee almost immediatly, the first time I see her. It was on a French TV show (Hit machine) and she was singing "Lolita"for the first time in live performance. I had already seen the video clip of this song , and I remember that I wasn't particulary found of it.( I' m still not, by the way)

After that, I was trapped. Her evolution was just to become cutier and sexier years after years... until the sudden break with her producer and mentor Mylène Farmer.

I think she really got some magic in her.She both elegance and sensuality. And that really good ( and new !) to see that people from abroad can see that in her, too.

Hi,Dan,and welcome to the site!I've always wanted to go to france,my ancestors came from there and I want to see what it's like.Also,could you go to the "how expensive is it to live in paris" forum and give the starter a good answer,I told him most of what I knew about it but you live there, you know.have fun while using the site!

Tags
alizée gifs