Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

The video I posted used to be on the 6th page of results when searching for "Steven Slater" now it's on the 4th page. The closer it is to the 1st page, the most likely it is that it will be viewed, since people rarely navigate past the first few result pages. Let's hope it eventually makes it to page one.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:42 PM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

hopefully! I think the best birthday present we can give Alizee is more fans
Old 08-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
The video I posted used to be on the 6th page of results when searching for "Steven Slater" now it's on the 4th page. The closer it is to the 1st page, the most likely it is that it will be viewed, since people rarely navigate past the first few result pages. Let's hope it eventually makes it to page one.
I bet all of us can view it enough to where it gets to the 1st page I wish I had a machine that would click my mousepad and keys to watch a youtube video again and again
Old 08-21-2010, 12:38 AM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
I've been meaning for a while to do some kind of viral marketing centered around Alizée. For those that don't know what viral marketing means:

Today, Jake04 came up with the perfect idea:

A few minutes later:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eJP1rXjJJF4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eJP1rXjJJF4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

How this is supposed to work: Steven Slater, a JetBlue flight attendant that quitted his job in a quite particular way is making headlines around the country. At the time of writing, his name is number 1 on Google Trends. The more people that search for Steven Slater, the more people that are likely to stumble upon the video I posted above. I'm having a hard time trying to explain this, hopefully this will help clear things up.

Steven Slater → Video I posted above → I'm Fed Up → Alizée → AlizeeAmerica

I don't know what kind of effect this will have, or if it'll have any effect at all, but I figured I would give it a try.
That's some funny shit! nicely done. I think your right on with this style of marketing. I was just the 480th person to view the video. The song really fits the animation.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:56 AM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

We just gotta hope for one of those big surges which happens with these videos. they start out slow, then all of a sudden MAJOR success. Like antoine dodson, the cat slap, Guy dances into traffic...All random videos that got a major surge hopefully this can happen as well
Old 08-21-2010, 12:17 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I bet all of us can view it enough to where it gets to the 1st page I wish I had a machine that would click my mousepad and keys to watch a youtube video again and again
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj.bagby View Post
That's some funny shit! nicely done. I think your right on with this style of marketing. I was just the 480th person to view the video. The song really fits the animation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
We just gotta hope for one of those big surges which happens with these videos. they start out slow, then all of a sudden MAJOR success. Like antoine dodson, the cat slap, Guy dances into traffic...All random videos that got a major surge hopefully this can happen as well
Yeah hopefully we can drive up this video by viewing it a lot. It's worth a shot.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:13 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

We're over 520 views now! Don't forget to link it on your Facebook accounts as well. Share it with your friends.

Edit:

www.airlinepilotforums.com[/url] 52
www.flightattendants.org[/url] 25
JetBlue Hidden Camera with Angry Flight Attendant 17
www.facebook.com[/url] 11
YouTube search - steven slater animation 24
referral from YouTube search - steven slater 20

These numbers indicate they're from people who probably haven't heard of Alizee before, which is GREAT! Because we want new fans for her!

The rest of the views were from Alizee forums which I didn't include since they're already fans of Alizee. Also not included were the ones made by Scruffy which have almost three hundred views.

Last edited by Jake04; 08-22-2010 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts

Tags
advertising, promotion