Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like or dislike Une Enfant Du Siecle?
Like 49 79.03%
Dislike 13 20.97%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Favorable reviews quoted by iTunes

Here are some quick and dirty English translations of the "critical" remarks at the iTunes page which sells UEdS:

A return winner! (5 stars)
by Thierry VERAN
An excellent electro-pop album. If you liked Alizée's Mylene period, you will find her voice acidic. If you like quality electro (high output), if you love the 80's ... this album is for you. Bravo!
GREAT = O (5 stars)
by jordan fernandez
A very good return, she takes risks and I rather like her, my big favorites are Factory Girl, Limelight, & les Collines, even if you love the titles more but hey x)
My heart is light... (5 stars)
by Christian K
A "escaped note" from the land of Mylène in recent years, Alizée offers and gives us a flawless album, well written and produced. Thank you, Institubes! She deserves to be deemed the muse of quality mainstream electro? A Glass Candy to the French? We sincerely hope so! Design, styling, hair fringe, lyrics and artwork seriously rock, and that is rare in France today. Bravo!
P.S. Alizée's home page at http://www.alizee-officiel.com/ has lost its "Virginity": the link to the sales page for UEdS at Virgin is dead (404).
Old 03-30-2011, 10:33 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Of course there are going to be people who like the album and give it good reviews. Unfortunately, the majority disliked the album and it did not sell well. Facts are facts.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

It's a good album, it's just not a popular album. Today, the masses enjoy fast-paced or heavy-rhythm music with a good beat that makes them feel excited; Les Collines and maybe Limelight could fit the bill with some work but it's too late for that, of course.

I really can't say anything else that hasn't already been said upwards of 10,000 times, but there you go.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 04-23-2011, 09:22 PM

tachibanakosuke is on a distinguished road

Only 20 000 of Alizée's fourth album has sold in France, it was not a big success there, but I like this Album.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I literally cannot answer this question with a simple "yes" or "no".

Do I like it just for the songs? HELLZ NO.
Do I absolutely hate the music? Not really.
But as a patriotic citizen of Lilly Town, I do love anything produced by Alizée; therefore I love UEDS.

Some people say they like it because the songs flow together and really compliment each other, which I find ironic, because in comparison to her previous albums, I find UEDS severely lacking in variety. Even if we do exclude MCE and Gourmandises for the MF influence, Psychedelices had a nice mixture of songs, some pop(MJ, Fifty Sixty, Lilly Town), a bit of "rap"(Decollage), nice slower vocals(L'effet, Lonely List) and others such as PLP.

I'm glad to hear that the new album coming out is more like Psychedelices-esque pop. It's just my kind of music, and I think it just appeals most to the mainstream audience.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I'm glad to hear that the new album coming out is more like Psychedelices-esque pop. It's just my kind of music, and I think it just appeals most to the mainstream audience.
AGREE AGREE AGREE....yeah
Old 08-13-2011, 10:13 PM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

It's the best stoner music. The techno sounds and all, along with her voice, puts you in a psychedelic trance. And me, I could care less what's mainstream or not. I like this album a lot.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintÀlizee View Post
It's the best stoner music. The techno sounds and all, along with her voice, puts you in a psychedelic trance. And me, I could care less what's mainstream or not. I like this album a lot.
I've never been stoned before, but I have heard that listening to music while stoned is quite the experience. As for it being mainstream, it appeals to much larger crowd, and brings in more economic success than appealing to a smaller select group. Which is why I'm glad that her next album will be of that sort.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:40 PM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I've never been stoned before, but I have heard that listening to music while stoned is quite the experience. As for it being mainstream, it appeals to much larger crowd, and brings in more economic success than appealing to a smaller select group. Which is why I'm glad that her next album will be of that sort.
Yeah, that, and you mentioned her earlier albums being more of your style. I was just throwing that out there that I didn't care that it wasn't mainstream. Haha, wasn't really referring to what you said. But, yeah, the more mainstream, the more successful it'll be. Which is good. I like any material she puts out there, anyways. Pop, techno pop... whatever she wants to call it, lol. And, yes... it is a great experience.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintÀlizee View Post
Yeah, that, and you mentioned her earlier albums being more of your style. I was just throwing that out there that I didn't care that it wasn't mainstream. Haha, wasn't really referring to what you said. But, yeah, the more mainstream, the more successful it'll be. Which is good. I like any material she puts out there, anyways. Pop, techno pop... whatever she wants to call it, lol. And, yes... it is a great experience.
Hahaa, okay, I kind of misunderstood you there.

But hey, I'm in the same boat. She could release a screamo, heavy metal, or a capella album, and I'd still go out and buy it.

Tags
alizee, approve, dislike, poll, ueds