Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-17-2006, 12:01 AM

Cire is on a distinguished road
Default Porquois pas, Les Etats-Unis?

Dear AA,

I have wasted (invested?) an entire week-end maxing out my bandwidth trying to decipher the riddle that is Alizee. Using this site and others to figure out as many of the why factors as I can, such as the "Why does Alizee affect me in ways no other pop performer does?" questions that I suspect haunt most of our fellow members.

One obvious question I have seen no hint of an answer to is this: Why has Alizee never attempted to enter the USA market? She has crossed to Russia, japan, Poland and even lists her success in England as her single proudest professional achievement because French language singers have traditionally failed in England.

Well, guess what? No German pop song had ever done well in America until 99 Luftballons (and Alizee has it all over that singer) or any other language for that matter until that special talent who was able to transend entrenched attitudes arose.

What were Alizee's handlers thinking? The Beatles realized they hadn't achieved the summit until America had been conquered, and their success in 1964 opened the doors for the British invasion. The entire French music industry has suffered without someone to penetrate and overwhelm American resistance.

Why has Alizee loitered beyond our welcoming shores? Is it because her mentor has a major attitude against the USA? (Her latest song is "Fuck Them All" after all, so we aren't talking about somebody without an agenda.)

I listened to every interview I could find but amazingly nobody asked, and Alizee never mentioned (in my searches) why the land of opportunity was proscribed from her special gifts. I mean, instead of staring at slutty images of Brittany and Mariah while waiting to check out groceries, I could have been catching up on an angel!

So far as I know, the only time she came to the US was to get married. There is irony there, whether comic or tragic, I can't quite tell. What don't I know?
Old 07-17-2006, 12:31 AM

Brianh is on a distinguished road
Default oh boy

well from my understanding she has no desire to to entertain over here, in general(and I could be wrong) the french just don't care to much for us. She speaks ver little english, and from what I hear she doesn't want to learn it when it comes down to it it's her own personal prefrence, and to be honest I hope she stays over where she is at. All that would happen to her over here is we would ruin her, and I don't want that. where is this song? "Her latest song is "Fuck Them All" after all, so we aren't talking about somebody without an agenda" Alizee has released an album in several years, she is currently working on a third album but no release yet not until september if I'm right?

Last edited by Brianh; 07-17-2006 at 12:34 AM..
Old 07-17-2006, 12:36 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianh
where is this song? "Her latest song is "Fuck Them All" after all, so we aren't talking about somebody without an agenda" Alizee has released an album in several years, she is currently working on a third album but no release yet not until september if I'm right?
He's talking about Mylene Farmer there.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:05 AM
turn it up! :D

Urb4n is on a distinguished road
Arrow Why Alizee is not coming to America

America is not the land of opportunity, freedom, ect ect, like it was in years passed.

1. Hollywood, is a corrupting industry (whether intentionally or not), she may very well have noticed this and made an effort not to get involved.

2. Another possibility is that, America DOES tend to be beside itself when it comes to almost any issue, that includes the entertainment industry. We in the U.S. have a very close knit circle of friends that includes the U.S. and itself. Europe is even more invloved in Canada than it is in the United States. Why would she be any different? (As far as the beatles success in the U.S. goes, its because the music style was the same and they already spoke English, England is a small country, naturally they looked elsewhere for fans.)

3. Also, she may very well have not even considered it as an option, she looks busy enough touring all over Europe. No doubt, taking time to tour here would literally run her ragged.

4. And last but not least, pure and simple bias. Alizee has grown up in Europe, where animocity for Americans is incredibly evident. Undoubtedly she has lived in a society where America is looked down upon, thus does not have any urge to ever come here. So, as loveable as she may seem, she probably hates you and me both.

==There you have it==

1. Staying away from Hollywood.

2. The "U.S.A./Rest of the world gap".

3. Time constraints.

4. She hates us.

Last edited by Urb4n; 07-17-2006 at 01:07 AM..
Old 07-17-2006, 02:55 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

well maybe the other stuff but i doubt she hates us
Old 07-17-2006, 10:45 AM
=]

mando is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urb4n

4. And last but not least, pure and simple bias. Alizee has grown up in Europe, where animocity for Americans is incredibly evident. Undoubtedly she has lived in a society where America is looked down upon, thus does not have any urge to ever come here. So, as loveable as she may seem, she probably hates you and me both.
i agree she might hate American politics, music industry, lifestyle, etc. but i doubt she hates American fans.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:55 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

I think it comes down to money. It costs a lot of money to gain exposure in the USA. Add to it the fact that no French singer has ever 'hit it big' here. This will make it hard for anyone to get a foot in the door.

Plus, I don't think she has much desire to come to the USA. In one interview she was asked about this, and her response was .. 'America is just too big' .. or something like that.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:22 PM
turn it up! :D

Urb4n is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad
Plus, I don't think she has much desire to come to the USA. In one interview she was asked about this, and her response was .. 'America is just too big' .. or something like that.
That no doubt supports the idea behind there simply being a lack of time.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Cracka!

Shep is on a distinguished road

I always thought it was the fact that the last time she toured Europe she was worn out and there is alot more to America than Europe.

I doubt she hates America in many aspects. She probably hates the American Entertainment industry... I do... but she seems like the kind of person who couldn't care less about politics and from what I hear, most French who visit here don't want to go back. A friend of mine had two French Foreign exchange students came here to study and didn't want to go back. They were amazed that Americans sit politely in line waiting for whatever where in France they try to kill each other trying to get their tickets/food/etc. Another was a woman who came here to get a job as a secretary and had an immigration scare because of bad paperwork or whatever. She says the economy is horrible there and getting a job is next to impossible because of the job laws makes people afraid of hiring the wrong people.

She got married here as well, so...

I doubt that she hates America.
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 07-17-2006, 05:43 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

As an american.. i have run that thought over and over and over in my head.. WHY does Alizee shy away from the USA entertainment industry?

I think being a shy person and just being french, she knows without a doubt in her mind... that American attitudes and our sense of humor are WIERD, and she would be ripped to shreds over here by the press for being squeaky clean and for being french.

Can you imagine for one second Alizee doing the rounds here in USA going on the talk show circuit??? Jay Leno, David Letterman, Regis and Kelly, Oprah the way they all interview people.. its just RUDE. Its just silly interviewing unlike anything that goes on in France.

American interviews are bizarre, if you havent noticed lately. Its nothing but put downs and jokes and its all about TV ratings, nothing serious about the interview at all. No wonder Alizee shys away from the USA.

The language barrier the culture barrier... no wonder Alizee stays away from the USA, except to come to get married in Vegas, lol.

I dont blame Alizee one bit for not wanting to come to USA and get involved in our entertainment industry. As an american myself lived her all my life, i dont blame Alizee at all.

America is a rude society, we are not as "classy" as France. Its just different here. Alizee is SCARED of America!!! to put it simple. Alizee is a frightened little french girl who knows she would get slaughtered here in America in the entertainment industry.

And of course that would force her to get mean, angry. And deep down Alizee is a fighter, she wouldn't take that crap and fight back and next thing you know, everyone here in America hates her.. it could all go up in flames in one interview.

Being the analytical mind she has, the computer scientist mind she has... she takes a cautious approach to everything and she can clearly see what would happen if she came to America and got involved in our entertainment industry.

Alizee is not the Beatles. The boys from Liverpool were TOUGH, toughened up from the club circuit in England and Germany before they came to America. Alizee is not thick skinned, lemme repeat...

Alizee is not thick skinned... she takes things very personally. She has sensitive feelings.

Last edited by Matrix; 07-30-2006 at 03:17 AM..