Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-23-2023, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road
Default Interview of Alizée on 3-25-23

There will be an interview of Alizée by Nikos on TF1 this Saturday.

http://newsactual.fr/50inside-sommai...-2023-sur-tf1/

1B65D348-41FA-424C-86FF-570D8F6C6C05.jpeg
Old 03-26-2023, 08:15 AM

okaberintarou is on a distinguished road

Old 03-26-2023, 10:27 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaberintarou View Post
Somehow I could not get the english Translation to work ! But I am wondering why Alizee is crying, upset when talking about Margery ? Did something happen ?
Old 03-26-2023, 11:47 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
Somehow I could not get the english Translation to work ! But I am wondering why Alizee is crying, upset when talking about Margery ? Did something happen ?
You can used closed caption and auto-translate option.

Nothing happened.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 03-26-2023 at 11:50 PM..
Old 03-27-2023, 06:54 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
Well quoting the Youtube lyrics which do a fairly good job of translate but certainly aren't perfect...........

"Little piece of cabbage there well I think I'm Maggie's age"

When I first saw the picture, I thought it was Maggy but it's Alizée when she was 3. I believe the cabbage is a reference to the flowers she was wearing?

8:22Then she say "It's my carnival in Ajaccio", which I'm sure is in reference to the parades/celebrations they have in Ajaccio, usually on religious holidays but other times too I'm sure.

She then says without completing the thought "and how would............"
Nikos then says "You say today to the kid?".

He adds "Why she loves you.............you think of what?".

Then at 8:44 she says "I did with it". I'm not sure what she means by this?

Nikos, "Are you going to do other things? You are proud of her?".

Alizee at 8:47 "especially my family, my parents."

I think that's probably the key to why she cried. Up to that point she had talked about her career, Annily and Maggy but this picture made her think of the big picture, the whole picture including her parents that meant so much to her and we know how devoted to family and Corsica she is and Ii think that's the reason for the tears.

At 9:00 Nikos says something to her and she returns the tablet but what he says is not translated.

I'm curious to know what you are using to watch the video. Is it a smart phone?
Old 03-27-2023, 08:09 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
You can used closed caption and auto-translate option.

Nothing happened.
Thank You Merci Alizee ! I tried closed Caption ; but I did not see any auto translate with mine ? Perhaps I am clicking wrong ? Although I am Glad nothing has happened here; as I thought the picture was of Margery !

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well quoting the Youtube lyrics which do a fairly good job of translate but certainly aren't perfect...........

When I first saw the picture, I thought it was Maggy but it's Alizée when she was 3. I believe the cabbage is a reference to the flowers she was wearing?

8:22Then she say "It's my carnival in Ajaccio", which I'm sure is in reference to the parades/celebrations they have in Ajaccio, usually on religious holidays but other times too I'm sure.

She then says without completing the thought "and how would............"
Nikos then says "You say today to the kid?".

He adds "Why she loves you.............you think of what?".

Then at 8:44 she says "I did with it". I'm not sure what she means by this?

Nikos, "Are you going to do other things? You are proud of her?".

Alizee at 8:47 "especially my family, my parents."

I think that's probably the key to why she cried. Up to that point she had talked about her career, Annily and Maggy but this picture made her think of the big picture, the whole picture including her parents that meant so much to her and we know how devoted to family and Corsica she is and Ii think that's the reason for the tears.

At 9:00 Nikos says something to her and she returns the tablet but what he says is not translated.

I'm curious to know what you are using to watch the video. Is it a smart phone?
No Scruffy, no smart phone ! I just use my Desktop Computer with Youtube ! But perhaps I don't have it setup right; as I don't see any "auto translate" in close captioning ?

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 03-27-2023 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-16-2023, 05:59 AM

Alizée 4K is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

For some reason the videos are unavailable, perhaps they were removed by YT?

Either way, of course I can't see the video so I can't know for sure, but of course going by the auto google translate it seems like a funny thing to say. But you might find it useful if I point out that its very common in France to refer to young children as "Mon petit chou" or call them "Chouchou" (pronounced like "shoe"). Its also something that adults call their loved ones, similar to darling/sweetie/baby in English. Basically its used as a term of endearment, similar to how the French also call each other "chérie" but with even more of an emphasis on them finding you sweet/cute.

"Chou / Choux" is French for cabbage so it might seem like they are literally calling each other "little cabbages", and this often amuses people learning French as a second language but that's not what it means. Chou is also a type of pastry used in lots of common French cream cakes. You may have heard of Choux buns, or "chou à la crème", very common French pastries. This is what its referring to - a sweet treat, so its like when English speakers call each other "sweetie".

Even though everyone in France knows they aren't really calling their children cabbages, and are instead calling them "sweet", its common for French adults to make cute jokes/puns about babies/toddlers being cabbages - either dressing them as cabbages or having cartoon illustrations of cabbages on their clothes etc. You sometimes see little plushie cabbages with faces on being given as gifts for babies when they are born or at baby showers.

There is also a very famous nursery rhyme style song that all French children learn called "Savez-vous planter les choux?" which means "Do you know how to plant cabbages?" and is used to teach the names of different body parts to young children, similar to "heads shoulders knees and toes" in English, so this is another reason parents/adults associate cabbages with very young children.

So even though I can't watch the clip, it very much sounds like Alizée is looking at the picture of herself when she is 3 and saying something like "and who is this cute little sweetie? Well, that's me when I was about Maggie's age".

Last edited by Alizée 4K; 06-16-2023 at 11:47 AM..