Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-15-2008, 07:22 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée is safer in the U.S. than Mexico

Twenty three died in attacks in northern Mexico in the past two days, officials said on Tuesday, as the United States warned its citizens to increase vigilance when traveling south of the border.

Twelve died in northwestern Baja California State, mostly in the volatile border city of Tijuana, and 11 were killed in Chihuahua, further east.

Border areas where rival drug cartels are battling over key routes into the United States are among the worst hit in escalating violence across Mexico this year in which almost 3,500 have died, including civilians.

"Increased levels of violence make it imperative that travelers understand the risks of travel to Mexico," said a new six-monthly State Department travel alert.

The twelve deaths in Baja California included two adults and two minors in an AK-47 attack in Tijuana Tuesday, said Jose Manuel Yepiz, spokesman for the prosecutor's office.

An armed commando also killed a former police officer in the border town of Mexicali.

Eleven died in attacks in Chihuahua State in the past 24 hours, including a former police commander, said Alejandro Pariente, spokesman for the state attorney general's office, on Tuesday.

Chihuahua is a flashpoint in an increasingly bloody turf war between drug cartels, with more than 1,000 killed in the state's border city of Ciudad Juarez alone so far this year.

"The situation in Ciudad Juarez is of special concern," the State Department said of the city across the border from the US city of El Paso.

"A recent series of muggings near the US Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez has targeted applicants for US visas," it added, as an increasing number of civilians flee the city's violence.

It underlined the use of automatic weapons and grenades by drug cartels, as well as public shootings which have taken place during daylight hours in border cities including Ciudad Juarez, Tijuana and Nogales.

Criminals have followed and harassed US citizens traveling in border areas, sometimes wearing full or partial police or military uniforms, it said.

It also called for vigilance during public rallies, after an Independence Day grenade attack last month in central Mexico in which eight died.

A government crackdown on drug-related violence, initiated by President Felipe Calderon almost two years ago and including the deployment of 36,000 troops, has showed no sign of stopping the killings.

====================
MEXICO CITY - The U.S. State Department has renewed a travel advisory warning Americans about an increase in violence in Mexico.

The alert advises Americans to be aware of rising crime and only visit legitimate business and tourist areas in Mexico. It does not recommend staying away from the country or any particular part of it.

But the alert issued Tuesday said violent crime is particularly worrisome in Ciudad Juarez, across the border from El Paso, Texas.
=====================
http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/index.php?sid=418024
US Consulate in Mexico attacked, no one hurt

Security has been strengthened at the US Consulate in northern Mexico after two unidentified gunmen opened fire at the building and threw a grenade that failed to explode, the EFE news agency reported Tuesday.

The two assailants attacked the consulate in northern city of Monterrey Saturday midnight when it was closed, the consulate said in a statement Monday.

No one was injured in the assault, which was recorded by the CCTV cameras of the building.

One of the unidentified men fired several shots at the front grill of the building and the other hurled a grenade that failed to explode, the consulate said, expressing 'profound concern' over the incident.

The consulate said it had beefed up security and was collaborating with the Monterrey police in their investigation.

According to the police, after attacking the consulate the two men shot up a nearby building housing a department of the Nuevo Leon state government.

Monterrey is the capital of Nuevo Leon and an important industrial and transportation hub
Old 10-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

You make me want to move to the moon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 10-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

This only happens when the goverment is involved. So please dont think they just go random killing persons.

Not like if i go to the park a nade will explode on me.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:52 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
This only happens when the goverment is involved. So please dont think they just go random killing persons.

Not like if i go to the park a nade will explode on me.

We don't. Its obviously just criminals fighting with each other.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road

Legalize drugs in the US and there would be no need for Americans to buy from the Colombian and Mexican cartels in Mexico.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:08 PM

Lerxst is on a distinguished road

I think she would be much safer in Canada. I, for one, am willing to provide her with safe shelter.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:13 AM
A 19 KILLA

vercingetorix is on a distinguished road
Default grr...

''I TOLD MY MEXICAN FATHER TO STOP HIS DRUG CARTEL WAR ALREADY''
Old 10-17-2008, 02:08 PM

outlaw is on a distinguished road
Default dunno mah friends

criminal acts as well as violent acts happen everywhere its spontaneous and random. truly were not safe anywhere except in canada where i totally agree with whats his name. lol. but really a person can not only be violent but deceitful especially when its a celebrity involed they'll go 2 any length 2 try be with that person 2 a point of inflicting total fear into that other person.

what im saying is the only true safety one can actually give is by loyalty and honesty 2 dat person. and as fans i feel its our obligation and responsibility 2 do so, i say these things so maybe it may inspire sumthing within all of us to get there and lookout for any potential stalkers of alizee and shut them down and expose them.

were all crimefighters in a sense and we should put it 2 sum use for the sake of who we protect.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Villa View Post
Legalize drugs in the US and there would be no need for Americans to buy from the Colombian and Mexican cartels in Mexico.
I agree. You put the drug lords and smugglers out of business.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:08 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Villa View Post
Thats what they have done in Mexico DF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
I think she would be much safer in Canada. I, for one, am willing to provide her with safe shelter.
Yes!! I Agree with you!! thats why I came from Mexico just 2 months ago to Toronto. She would be safer, but come on, Canada is a little mmm boring that US and Mexico.

and ALS, Its true that mexico is unsafe, but not all Mexico. like A 90% of the events you posted, were in the north of Mexico. But Monterrey isnt so unsafe, actually, the only ones that are so unsafe are the ones that are in the north of Mexico, Oh yes and Tabasco, were I come from. OBVIOUSLY Alizee is not going to Live or whatever she may do in Mexico, in those cities.