Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-01-2008, 01:02 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
I, myself, am a contradiction. I discovered her following the release of Psychédélices, but listened to the songs from all three of her albums in no particular order (on youtube at first). I was mesmerized by the "original" Alizée (as you put it), but also by the "new" Alizée and how deeply she had matured in music and personality..
Second that. I discovered her after the release of Psychedelices, but when I went deeper, I fell in love with the early Alizee. Actually, when I first watched the live version of JEAM, I thought she looked like that. But when I realized it was 5 years ago ...
Old 11-01-2008, 01:44 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
that's very true. the thing is i don't think she can sing at that range anymore. i think she could when she was young but after a while she never sang that low live so i don't think it can be done anymore.
I think she can, or could if she chooses to. If you are saying that her voice has permanently lost that range then I have to disagree. If she is out of practice, a series of sessions with a singing coach will bring it right back. She is much too young to "lose" that portion of her range.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:49 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Or maybe she likes singing the upbeat, higher clef, style?
I don't care really, I just wish her voice was more in-my-face than the background style of Psych.

As much of an instrument freak as I am, I don't think instruments are what should drive her music, just to hear every little tidbit of her voice, when she takes that breath perhaps before singing a long winding part, or the roll of the r's and the whisper of the s. That is what really attracts me.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:59 AM

Quantum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I think she can, or could if she chooses to. If you are saying that her voice has permanently lost that range then I have to disagree. If she is out of practice, a series of sessions with a singing coach will bring it right back. She is much too young to "lose" that portion of her range.
Her voice isn't her problem, I agree, at least in terms of her future career prospects. Her problem is both more nuanced and more broad.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:32 AM
A-Team

Why does people always is criticize her voice (Im not talking about you guys, Im talking about the ones that are not fans). I often hear in tv programs people sayin´ she hasnt a good voice, but thats not true !
And always the say that no one cares, with her sexy dances its enough .
Old 11-01-2008, 02:40 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
Why does people always is criticize her voice (Im not talking about you guys, Im talking about the ones that are not fans). I often hear in tv programs people sayin´ she hasnt a good voice, but thats not true !
And always the say that no one cares, with her sexy dances its enough .
You should know what century you're in.
It's called the 21st century, and so far it's becoming one of the worst.
And here, most people in the 21st century, are total lustheads who could care less about voice, talent, etc.
Got a great body or a sexy face = success

They criticize my metal because it's too harsh, now they're criticizing her poppish voice, what's next? Mocking Frank Sinatra because his voice was too gelly? I hate this century...
Old 11-01-2008, 02:48 AM
A-Team

Yes but, come on her voice isnt bad, and I have heard it many times .

Maybe they are jealous or just because they arent fans, they dont realize her beautiful voice..
Old 11-01-2008, 03:11 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
It's true that she does not have a powerful voice (like Celine Dion for example). Therefore, for some, looking from the outside, her voice is not "good." However, it is the texture, nuance, and expression in her voice that gets me, and many many others. We are here for the total package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
You should know what century you're in.
It's called the 21st century, and so far it's becoming one of the worst.
And here, most people in the 21st century, are total lustheads who could care less about voice, talent, etc. Got a great body or a sexy face = success
Sex and attraction does sell. It always has. The human race wouldn't exist without it. For some a "genie in a bottle" is enough (although she does have a good voice too). However, for many, when it comes to performers it's just one component of the total package.

By the way, the next several years are going to be VERY bumpy, but eventually it will start to get much better. This will turn out to be a very fun Century (very intense, but a lot of fun).
Old 11-01-2008, 03:27 AM
A-Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
It's true that she does not have a powerful voice (like Celine Dion for example). Therefore, for some, looking from the outside, her voice is not "good." However, it is the texture, nuance, and expression in her voice that gets me, and many many others. We are here for the total package.
Yes she does . But its obviously that if you arent a fan you will look first everything, but not her voice.

Remember, tomorrow 3 PM central time, the repetition of the Lunas del auditorio awards, tv Azteca, canal 13. Have a good day/night, see you tomorrow .
Old 11-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
The one thing I miss on the album is that Alizée didn’t sing as much in her lower register. Her voice is so warm and sexy when she sings in that range.
That's it!